Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 13:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thats bad! first the accident and the later experience what you had with the people!

get well soon buddy!
Old 1st February 2010, 13:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

I know first hand what it is when you are in the middle of the road with an accident and villagers surrounding you. By the way for the release of the vehicle the RTO inspector of that area will do an IMV and then give the report to the police station. The police will give you the FIR copy, spot mahajir copy, IMV copy and the chargesheet copy.If they don't give you then ask then and take 5-6 set of photocopies. You will need them when filing for insurance and for court case if you take that route.
Old 1st February 2010, 13:52   #18
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Gosh Inder, that was a narrow shave & thank God that the damage was limited,

Once while driving down to mysore with a friend, he had cautioned me to be very carefull especially before & after the particular Mandya town area. He had studied there as a student for a couple of years & had first hand experience of the goons & bullies around.

With no offence meant to residents of Mandya, IMO, a couple of goons who terrorize people can give the whole town a bad name,

Take care & hope you & your Swift get back to how it was before soon
Old 1st February 2010, 13:56   #19
BHPian

inder,

Sorry about the incident and nice to know that you're safe.

Was any case filed against you ?

Sorry to ask this question - What made you miss the bullock cart ?
Old 1st February 2010, 14:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Damn that was close, glad to know you are safe & that no one got seriously hurt
Old 1st February 2010, 14:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Glad that nothing serious happened to you. The car's damage also doesn't look that bad.

I assume that you had your low beam on with probably beam position lowest - you might have missed the view in front.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

glad to see that you are safe. the villager was unhurt is a good news too.

Bullock cart doesn't cost that much, but any price is good to move on with your life.

What is the process of getting the car back ?
Old 1st February 2010, 15:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
glad to see that you are safe. the villager was unhurt is a good news too.

Bullock cart doesn't cost that much, but any price is good to move on with your life.

What is the process of getting the car back ?
When an accident car is taken/towed/seized by the police, an RTO inspector will inspect the vehicle in the police station and gives the report regarding its road worthiness and the damage that that happened to the car.This report will be attached to a stamp paper(100/- given by you) which will have the details on how/when/where/with what etc details of the accident(this is written by a person called writer in the police station) and you have give some amount/tips to those guys.If the vehicle owner is going for a court case then he has to take other details mentioned above in my post.But the tips given will be more. In taluk/small village limits police station it will range from 1000/-2000/-.In cities it will be more.I know only this much. Please add more details if you/someone come across
Old 1st February 2010, 15:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
In rural areas the biggest vehicle is penalised for all accidents irrespective of who's fault it is.
I agree with the second part of your statement, but regarding the first part, rural areas are not the only places where the bigger vehicle is made to be the culprit. I've seen many incidents in Bangalore where the driver of a bigger vehicle is thrashed for no fault of his own.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:33   #25
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Gosh.. Terrible. Thank god you are safe. Thank your lucky stars. These carts and tractors are a menace. I once had a close call with an idiot on a tractor laden with sugarcane taking a U-turn on NH4 between Satara and Kolhapur. I was at 110 and had to stand on my brakes and swerve and managed to grind to a halt few feet away from the moron.
Take care pal. what was worse than your accident was the fact that goons manhandled you and are now fleecing you as well.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thank God for making it through in one piece.

I recently had a similar experience wherein I was in the extreme right lane on a busy highway, following a tempo, doing around 60kmph, and all of a sudden the tempo swerved left sharply. Whoa, reason was there was some road repair work going on in the extreme right lane (I could not see it as I was behind the tempo), and the idiots had barricaded it with bamboos and stones. I was at 60 kmph and hurtling right into the bamboos. Slammed the brakes and just managed to stop with inches seperating me from the barricade.

Could'nt blame the tempo driver for swerving left to avoid the barricade, could'nt blame the road repair crew. I guess its just that we're tailgating so close and the state of our roads and traffic do not leave much margins to swerve and avoid hitting a sudden obstacle.

So, drive safe Inder. Your car looks bad, but I'm sure it can be fixed soon. Take care.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:26   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I agree with the second part of your statement, but regarding the first part, rural areas are not the only places where the bigger vehicle is made to be the culprit. I've seen many incidents in Bangalore where the driver of a bigger vehicle is thrashed for no fault of his own.
Exactly.. Anyways, is this behaviour only in Bangalore/Karnataka or other places also? Am just curious.. Never faced the situation out of Bangalore "TouchWood"..

Wish you a speedy recovery Inder. I suggest, keep something in you car for self defence. I always do....
Old 1st February 2010, 22:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Shocking.. Thank God that you and the others are safe and nothing major happened. The trauma must have been terrible.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:36   #29
BHPian

Thank you all for your wishes.

I agree that it was partly my fault to drive closely (15ft) behind the bus. The situation as follows:

I am on left side of the road .. one truck comes in on the right followed by the bus...

the bus cuts left in front of me and is parallel to the truck with me behind

i am behind the bus at 15 ft and go abt 200 mts..

the bus suddenly cuts right and i see the cart missed by the bus by an inch and me heading straight for it

Some more pics of my car while getting it released today:
Attached Thumbnails
The day the earth stood still-dscn0264.jpg  

The day the earth stood still-dscn0265.jpg  

The day the earth stood still-dscn0266.jpg  

The day the earth stood still-dscn0267.jpg  

The day the earth stood still-dscn0268.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2010, 04:28   #30
BHPian

Sorry to hear that Inder! Glad you are safe. Wish you and your swift a speedy recovery!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks