Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 10:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

@Inder,

It is very difficult to recollect what all might have been pushed to you in such situations. Come to think of it, if Mandovi has started work, and you are claiming insurance, then you would have signed the form.

And do take care of that ankle.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:04   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Thanks Shishir ,

Everytime you hear from lot of people that life flashed before their eyes, nothing like that happened to me at least. Reason: The brain didnt have enough time to think abt it. It took one sec to see , turn the steering,hit, spin , hit, spin and come to standstill. No time to think at all!!
For me it happened in micro sec. Luckily my brain had enough time to think of steering the car to footpath and save my family.Take care of the ankle and let us know what happened back there at Mandovi motors regd your insurance
Old 11th February 2010, 14:42   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
@Inder,

It is very difficult to recollect what all might have been pushed to you in such situations. Come to think of it, if Mandovi has started work, and you are claiming insurance, then you would have signed the form.

And do take care of that ankle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
For me it happened in micro sec. Luckily my brain had enough time to think of steering the car to footpath and save my family.Take care of the ankle and let us know what happened back there at Mandovi motors regd your insurance

Hi Happywheels/Shishir,

Thanks. Been to Mandovi, it seems I did sign the form that day. The estimate has come to 1.55L and the car will be ready in about 8-10 days time.

Shishir , reading your experience firms my belief in having some percentage of luck + presence of mind. Take care and thanks.

Here are the photos of the car asof today:

Pic 1: LHS: Left Fender, Front & Rear Door has been replaced. Also, The engine bedding has been changed and axle & shocks corrected. Headlight added. Front Bumper replacement pending.

Pic2: Boot door needs to be worked upon along with rear fender, lights, C-pillar + Rear Bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
The day the earth stood still-11022010199.jpg  

The day the earth stood still-11022010198.jpg  

Last edited by inder_s1 : 11th February 2010 at 14:58.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:18   #49
BHPian

Are there any damages to the alloys (& tyres) and how did they (MASS) correct axle and shocks ??

Last edited by mnhegde : 11th February 2010 at 15:20.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Are there any damages to the alloys (& tyres) and how did they correct axle and shocks ??
Hi Buddy,

There is no damage to alloys or tires.

As you can see from the pictures earlier in the thread, the LHS wheel was pushed back by 1ft. Also, I didnt see any new shocks or springs when I looked under the wheel arch to check. Now, wheel is back to it's original place and shocks & springs have been replaced/reset as repairs at the front portion of the car has been finished.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

So you are lucky too that you had presence of mind and signed the form. By the way did you ask them how much you needc to pay from your pocket or how much the insurance guys are giving.Good luck
Old 11th February 2010, 15:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Man thats one lucky save! Glad to hear that no one was grievously injured.

Past 2 months or so have been a bad time for all in general. Lots of people having accidents. I too had a similar experience at the start of this year, but for me things were a bit worse in term of legal proceedings.

Anyhow, hope everything gets sorted out for you quickly!
Old 11th February 2010, 15:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

@Inder,

Hope you get you ride back on road at the earliest, as she was before this incident. And good to know that the tires and alloys are not damaged.

@Shishir,

I reckon Inder might have to shell out (at a very rough estimate) around 30-40k, if not less. And for signing the form, nothing do with luck; these workshops will push it through, since they would not want you to question them on the work and the estimate that they are getting ok'ed from insurance.
Old 11th February 2010, 20:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Inder, first off it was a lucky save and also good to see your ride coming back to normalcy.

Secondly, did u get yourself checked for any injuries? Are you feeling fine physically?

Take care of the ankle and wishing you and the car a speedy recovery.
Old 12th February 2010, 11:40   #55
BHPian

Inder, that was a terrible experience. Glad you are okay and that things are fine now. Please get yourself thouroughly checked for injuries, both external & internal. I was in an accident in 1999 and even today suffer from a pain in the neck & shoulder region.

Folks,
Shocked to see the attitude of the local people after the accident. Ideally, in any civilised country, one would see whether the people in the accident vehicle(s) are safe / hurt etc. How can someone start beating the driver so mercilessly. It is heartwrenching to read such incidents. Are we still in the stone age?

Question: In this case Inder had atleast some local support (e.g. his friend / FIL etc). How does one deal with the situation in case you are travelling to far-away states? I am scared to even think of the situation! You will not know the local language and you will be at the mercy of such heartless goons!

Last edited by ptushar : 12th February 2010 at 11:42.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

If you are going to far away states then just keep you fingers and everything crossed so that you don't expereince any of these OR you have to go with many people or more than 2 cars
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
I
Folks,
Shocked to see the attitude of the local people after the accident. Ideally, in any civilised country, one would see whether the people in the accident vehicle(s) are safe / hurt etc. How can someone start beating the driver so mercilessly. It is heartwrenching to read such incidents. Are we still in the stone age?
Reading this makes me feel glad of the decision I took sometime last year. On NH-4 there was a villager lying on the road, apparently a hit & run victim, and his village folks stopped me and were asking me to transport him to the hospital. I refused point blank, coz at that moment i felt these guys may later on try and pin the blame of the accident on me to extort money.

In India one must not stop and help anyone on the road, no matter what state that person is in. Sad but true.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks