Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:01   #16
BHPian

Not to get too worked up about the speed limit, but in most countries it is 'acceptable' to be 15 to 20kmph above the stated speed limit on highways. But the cops still have the authority to pull you over and ticket you, but 99.9% of them will let it pass. This does not hold true near speed sensitive places like residential areas, schools, playgrounds hospitals, etc.
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

There was a Supercar club drive on saturday morning to lonavala amby valley also aero modeling meet too. These guys must have been coming or going to/from the meet.
I guess if you would ever own one of those monster you WOULD never observe the speed limit also. I know i wouldnt.

OT: We planning to have a Drive to lonavala this sunday.
Old 22nd February 2010, 01:06   #18
aZa
Senior - BHPian

that would have been quite a sight i'm sure. Here in delhi i've have seen lambo 560 and LP640 and other supercars zooming past, racing etc. Its a sight to remember for sure...

cheers
Old 22nd February 2010, 01:16   #19
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
OT: We planning to have a Drive to lonavala this sunday.
How about making it a T-BHP meet then? I missed the last one.
Old 22nd February 2010, 07:02   #20
Team-BHP Support

I guess the biggest problem is "EGO". I dont know, why all the ego problems of the world are shown up on the road. Racing as it is a millio dollar (Or Rupee ) problem. On top of it, if some one overtakes, one cant just let that happen ! People are not at peace with the idea of a faster person to pass ! They just cant relax with music/FM/Audibles playing their car. Instead they need to race to Catch-up !

Last edited by ampere : 22nd February 2010 at 07:04.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
That is his view, from their view, they are individuals trying drive at 140 KMH and and NOT racing, they do not care, what others are doing they are simply on a late evening drive and enjoying it

from a perspective of a speed gun kept on the highway, all three are committing a crime i.e. overspeeding.

i am just trying to say this. who committed first is not the question.
OK. What you want to say.

This guy who was doing 100, he broke the speed limit, that does not mean those street racers did the right thing.

You know you are missing the point , but i guess it's your EGO, that's why you are sticking what you said earlier.

God bless you.
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey Akas, Chill man,

If i bring my ego in, for sure, i would be banned
I do not want to leave all you guys

what i said was simple..

if i am a thief, then i have no moral right to compaint about other thiefs.

OR

if i am myself breaking the law, i should not have any probelms with others trying to break the same law.

ofcourse, i can not prevent anyone from doing what they want to do

the way god blesses me, i am sure god will bless everyone.
BTW, thanks, because of you god blessed me a bit more today, I had to spend less time in KR Puram jam today.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 22nd February 2010 at 11:43.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:02   #23
BANNED

Quote:
That is his view, from their view, they are individuals trying drive at 140 KMH and and NOT racing, they do not care, what others are doing they are simply on a late evening drive and enjoying it
While your point is understood, there are two aspects to it -

1. A lesser crime does not justify a bigger crime.

Remember that Kamal Hassan starrer, remade in Hindi with Tabu and Anil Kapoor; forgot the name, where an attempt is made on the hero's life by trying to sandwich him between two lorries, the front one with over hanging steel bars?? If your logic is extended that kind of situations would be justified, if the victim was going beyond the speed limit.

2. Those wo do not care about others' saftety on road are said to be driving "rashyly and negligently"; and have committed a different crime than driving beyond speed limit. You are not driving rashly or negligently, simply because you are beyond the speed limit.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well, they shouldn't have done that IMHO; what if you had indeed lost control?

And dont you think its better if you drive to LHD or so instead of keep to the centre? Sorry, if it was the case. Also, did they honk? I always keep the 3 mirrors in my view to avoid situations like these.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Akas, Chill man,

ofcourse, i can not prevent anyone from doing what they want to do

the way god blesses me, i am sure god will bless everyone.
BTW, thanks, because of you god blessed me a bit more today, I had to spend less time in KR Puram jam today.
Lol, that was funny. I'm out of discussion form this topic now.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:49   #26
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Guys, chill. There's a difference between rash driving and speeding. Sudden bursts of speed, acceleration, deceleration, weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating are all rash driving. If the road's empty and you cruise at 100 or 110 on a 80 limit area, though it's breaking the law, it doesn't amount to rash driving, IMHO. If driving at high speeds is considered to be rash, then we are all guilty. Remember, one of the safest driver on Indian roads is HVK and he does 130 - 140 effortlessly.
I drive with the flow. When I hit an empty stretch, I sometimes do 120. The hallmark of my driving is the fact that I rarely switch lanes or tailgate. I anticipate traffic and go with the flow.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Dunno about the rest of you guys, but i would definitely consider my day made if i were to witness these monsters go roaring by.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:49   #28
BANNED

Those guys will end up belly up soon and we will have an entry in the busted supercars in India thread.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:51   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

These cars were at the Automission Track Preview Event held at Khopoli. Watch out for the announcement review thread by GTO soon.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:55   #30
BHPian

I remembered being cought between two monsters long back when I had a 800 and was not very confident about delhi roads. those two monster in my case were a skoda and a city, same thing happened to me from right and left, It was scary.

But they were not so lucky there was a huge almost a ditch infront of the SSB center on MG road both hit each other and damaged their cars pretty bad while I passed them with a smile.

Most Viewed