Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 09:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yup.. I apologise for bringing this local/outsider topic. Let's close it :-)

Yeah, I hope all RTOs go online one day. Then we can get the address of registration of the vehicle. But what if the guy has moved to some other location? I guess this idea is still not foolproof.
Old 10th March 2010, 13:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmohankumar View Post

i went ahead and blocked them towards the left side and forcing them to stop but suddennly they again escaped and i again chased them and this time i cornered them to my right leaving no room for them to escape

In my openion, what you did is extreamly wrong. First of all what if those guys were actually going to the hospital? Secondly doing a hot persuit on the indian roads is equally dangerous. The right thing to do is, note down the number, go to the nearest traffic PS and hand it over to them, its the job of police to do policing. Just imagine if the same thing happens to you, some one comes and hits your car and chase you down and give you a mind ful. I have seen similar situation when a guys car rolls back hits the car behind and the guy gets down and shouts at the guy behind cant you honk . You can never predict their moods, and the worst what kind of elements you might confront, what if they are escaping a crime scene?

Its better not to get into confrontation, just imagine the damage caused on your car would be fixed just by spending max 500 Rs, the bad taste in your mouth due to an arguement would last for atleast 2 days, and trust me if it ends in a fight and may be a police case you would loose both money and peace of mind. Better is to avoid such a situation.

I remember we brought our first car a spot less white esteem in delhi, i with my mom, wife and sister went for shopping one day on the way we were waiting at a busy signal when i see a guy in scooter who stops on the left side of our car, the guy has no helmet, his scoter is loaded with those 50 lt water bottles and he looks at my cars tinted windows and starts fixing his hair, in the process he looses his balance and falls on my car, my spotless car has a dent now. I was pissed and furious but my mom asked me to be calm, soon he got up by himself, I roled the window down i asked "aur hero lagi kya?" he said "sorry sir", i said "meri gadi mein thok di na?". he again said "sir maaf kardo, galti ho gai", and soon the signal turned green and i left. When i got down i saw a huge sctrach and a dent not deep though, I became very upset, mom said "we can fix it na why to take tension". Soon after i reached home the first thing i did was I went to a painter, he pushed the dent out with his hand after removing the door pad and used some rubbing compound on the effected area and the spot was gone. When i asked him how much he side its ok sir.

Now i told you the whole story because most of the time issues end like this if we want, we dont have to blow up the stitaution to a point where its out of our control.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 10th March 2010 at 13:56.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Same thing happened to me few days ago. I left early from my office and just after crossing SPAR retail, there is a small signal. I was in the middle and a Punto on my right starting moving towards me. (He we going to take a right)

I slightly shifted left, but this idiot still kept coming and thats it. He scraped into my car. Generally, I am pretty hot tempered and loose my cool quite easily at times on the road, but for some reason, I decided to just let go and hope for the best.

Plus my wife and kid was also there and did not want to get into any fight.

Anyway, reached home and inspected the car. When I first looked at it, I got furious as the bumper had a big dark scratch and the same on the fender. Came down later and using some Scratch out and Car Polish, It was basically paint left by the other car and surprisingly not a single scratch on my car. Except for the bumper which had some mild scrathes, but was quickly covered with a small compaint job.

No worries now.

But, yes, maintaining cool at these places definitely helps as you never know who the other person is and when things can get really ugly.
Old 10th March 2010, 17:34   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yes i agree - seen it happen in madras, delhi etc as well

vehicles registered under any RTO in India, by rights need to be trace-able. Its just that the local police are too lazy to do it.

same case with people who come from other places (domestic help etc), commit crimes in some other place and then run off. If they have a genuine ID - eg a Voters Id card or other proper address reference, then by rights they should be traceable. But the local police invariably dont take up the issue because of the pain involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Shankar, local supporting people who can converse in their/local language is common to all cities...

What concerns me is vehicles which are reg in other locations if cant be traced then its a matter of serious concern. i have seen so many of them been driven rashly...
infact its a big concern for all the cities!
Old 10th March 2010, 17:35   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

depending on the age of the car, depreciation on metal parts can go right upto 50-60%
if it is a relatively new car then you will lose about 20% or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Actually it is not both front doors, but the front & back doors on the right side

Yep, I have registered a claim. Lets see how much they approve. The no-claim bonus will go , but I do not have any other way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks