Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 01:12   #31
BANNED

@rajushank84 - sorry to hear about your incident. I guess you just have to get used to these kind of accidents if you're living in India. My laura two years old and I've spent more than 50k on just the maintenance/repairs of it due to such incidents.

it really used to get me frustrated, but now I have learnt to live with it. it has become a part of life and the worst part is there's nothing we can do about it.
Old 14th March 2010, 01:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Infant child stmbles the first time, falls and cries, then the mother is also anxious and some times mother also cries, but as child get into more and more activities (often resulting in more falls), mother stops worrying and just takes the child to the doctor

similarly, claim your insurance, get the dent removed, continue to drive and have fun.
Old 14th March 2010, 05:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Infant child stmbles the first time, falls and cries, then the mother is also anxious and some times mother also cries, but as child get into more and more activities (often resulting in more falls), mother stops worrying and just takes the child to the doctor
similarly, claim your insurance, get the dent removed, continue to drive and have fun.
Very well said & couldn't agree more;

On a lighter side - imagine the story from the truck driver's side - he makes a hit, get caught, goes to police station, goes to court, pays fine, comes back to road, hits another guy, goes again to police station & court, often resulting in more hit, truck driver stops worrying & continues the same practice but without worries.
Old 14th March 2010, 07:38   #34
BHPian

Most of the time going to police when there is no injury will do juistice to nobody , police will try to eat the pie and let the lorry out ,
golden rule , take it to *** out side metro cities , for the dent quote lil more and get bumpers and other scratches painted at the cost of insurance if the car is older than 4 yrs this works perfectly as NCB gets nullyfied
Old 14th March 2010, 17:09   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
.... for the dent quote lil more and get bumpers and other scratches painted at the cost of insurance if the car is older than 4 yrs this works perfectly as NCB gets nullyfied
Hmmm.. what is special about 4+ yr old cars? what happens to NCB?
Old 15th March 2010, 11:53   #36
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Sad Aargee. But when I see what's written on the moron's truck, I remember this dialogue from Sivaji.
Vaazhga Paadhi Valhamudan!
You should have told him that and taken 4 - 5 K from him.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

@aargee

Sad to note the scar on your waggy! Just a week ago I saw your car at MMSC track and now this. But what can we do against "acts of God"!

Whenever I stop at a signal, I always try not to give space for any vehicle between my car and the vehicle in front/sides. If there is a right/left turn, I leave the respective lane free. Even before stopping at the signal, I gently touch my brake pedal to turn on the brake lights before actually braking. But there are close shaves in spite of such precautions. Whenever I am on my bike and notice that a nice looking car at a signal has left a dangerous gap for exploitation, I always fill up the gap very gently and will not move till the signal clears, irrespective of the ire of other bikers behind me! My small service to a fellow motorist!

My office building is just a few meters from the Guindy bridge as you descend towards Saidapet side, and I have to take a left turn to enter. With a road from the race course side joining in from the left of the bridge, it is always an ordeal to turn the car unscathed. For this very reason I prefer to take my bike to work.

Last edited by Gansan : 15th March 2010 at 12:32.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Sad Aargee. But when I see what's written on the moron's truck, I remember this dialogue from Sivaji.
Vaazhga Paadhi Valhamudan!
You should have told him that and taken 4 - 5 K from him.
Hahaha, loved this timing dialogue; at the accident spot, it was good comedy that went at the accident spot, I'm not describing it here as it would hijack rajushank's thread. But again, 2 reasons, one was I was inneed to reach my destination with my family & second they were mere daily wages workers; so no point in arguing, if only I'd to, then I'd to stay there along with my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
For this very reason I prefer to take my bike to work.
But Sir, I didn't have a choice on Saturday; Ok, the situation was I was travelling with my family to get an angiogram test for my Mother around 7:30 AM.

And the biggest coincident is, just about 10 seconds before the incident could happen, I was telling my wife that as long as passengers are safe I don't care about the car & 10 second or less later Hahahaha...we go kaboom.

Anyway, today I've left the car at MASS & the guys are checking with Maruti insurance/National insurance to see how much insurance could be provided. If I get 45-50% from the insurance, I'll continue the work, otherwise, I'll fix it up later.

Last edited by aargee : 15th March 2010 at 15:19.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:23   #39
BHPian

Aargee I am sorry to see your car at this state. I did notice from your pictures that the truck didnot have the number plate properly painted (or was it erased on purpose/wear and tear). Most of the letters/numbers were missing in the number palte. Isnt this a issue that the traffic police should address soon. In a situation like hit and run we cannot identify the vehicle with such a number boards.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hari - just wanted to protect his identity, so I removed them; Looking at these morons, there's one thing that I've concluded that unless, these people learn & correct themselves, no one can do anything; either I change or keep my blood boiling & make my BP high. So now days, I'm not worried unless something happens to my family or me. Reg the damages, I love to file an FIR, but the thing is the court will hear the same day when you're bound to make a project deliverable (some how the judges & managers knows this) & instead of apologizes & sorries, I prefer taking less headaches. Like MX6 said, I try to make 50:50 unless its urgent for me to leave the place immediately for everything else - there's insurance
Old 15th March 2010, 17:02   #41
BANNED

Sorry about the incident. At least the truck guy should have had the courtesy to stop the vehicle and apologise. Unless the driving-sense improves in India I don't know how these things are ever going to stop. In India quite a few people seem to particularly impatient. I have seen many a traffic signals where people violate the rules and cross the road even if there is a "RED". Even the MTC buses do it. At least the public buses should be setting the right examples to others.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Sorry about the incident. At least the truck guy should have had the courtesy to stop the vehicle and apologise. Unless the driving-sense improves in India I don't know how these things are ever going to stop. In India quite a few people seem to particularly impatient. I have seen many a traffic signals where people violate the rules and cross the road even if there is a "RED". Even the MTC buses do it. At least the public buses should be setting the right examples to others.
Don't worry about that buddy, I made him appologize - don't ask me how . But a mere apologize will not fix my car's bumper. Actually to give you all a better picture, the entire bumper is torn/ripped off & its hanging in the rear; we've put a bolt-nut to put the bumper it in place.

Till now the MASS guys has not quoted me the approximation of how much I could claim with my insurance; I guess I'll wait to hear from them, if I don't I'll wait for one more incident until the entire bumper cannot be fixed further.

@Rajushank - How old is your car? If it were new, then IMO, you could've waited for the insurance.

Last edited by aargee : 15th March 2010 at 18:23.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Just to give an update: OMR Checkpoint have done a very good job, and charged Rs.3500 including tax. Now my car is back!
Old 15th March 2010, 18:38   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Just to give an update: OMR Checkpoint have done a very good job, and charged Rs.3500 including tax. Now my car is back!

So your babby is back on the road. Raju, how about posing some photos of the finished job.
Old 15th March 2010, 21:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
So your babby is back on the road. Raju, how about posing some photos of the finished job.
Sure. Please don't mind the low quality, the net connection is very slow today:
Attached Thumbnails
Truck bumped into my car and ran away!-car-001.jpg  

Truck bumped into my car and ran away!-car-002.jpg  

Truck bumped into my car and ran away!-car-003.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks