Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 12:45   #46
BHPian

Man, the medavakkam road till velachery is a nightmare to drive around during peak time, even i got a dent in my car once by a biker.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Sure. Please don't mind the low quality, the net connection is very slow today:

Raju your baby looks neat. A couple of observation from the night shots

* Do I see a nick on the Tail lamps on the picture number 2. If so it looks small and dont change the tail lamps for it
* I feel that the overall gloss on the newly painted/replaced area seems to be too shiny. Try to get a rubbing compound and do a DIY for the weekend. Just rub the compound on all the surfaces as you progress and try to do a small hand polish that would make the gloss even across all surfaces.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:19   #48
BHPian

Raju,

Good too see that your car is back. That was a very quick.

Hari, I guess that luster is from the Camera Flash.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it seems to be from the camera flash. I am not able to see the difference in gloss. However, polish is a good idea, I was thinking about it myself. Thanks.

You're right, there is a small nick in the tail lamp. The A.S.S guy said it costs Rs.1100, so I decided not to change it. Maybe I will change it after the next "incident" .
Old 25th March 2010, 18:35   #50
BANNED

aargee

CARS is the best service station.
Old 25th March 2010, 19:14   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
aargee

CARS India service center in perungudi is one of the worst service station. they do Engine flush and Engine additive on every service even for a car that is having only 20,000Kms and they did it for every service that the vehicle was serviced.

The body workshop is really pathetic, a biker rammed in my colleagues wagon R and she gave it to service. They repalced the bumper and repainted. When I went to collect the vehicle I found a Human hair that was sticking to the bumper and the painting was done on top of it . When i removed the human hair the bumper was showing black patch in that palce. All these happened in front of the SA who was not able to answe my question on why additibve and flush was doen to a car. I asked him why they add this he told me that maruthi warrents it . When I asked him to show it in paper or give me in writing, he backed off and mentioned that he will not charge me as though i wanted them for free.

Now the same wagon R had new scratches which were formed in the service center. I presume it happend where they parked the car. In addition to all these issues, we found yellow spots like paint sprays all over the car. My guess is that they painted another car near this one.

My question to SA was why would a human hair come in a clean paint booth that they use. He assured this wont happend and he got the whole bumper repainted.

My ratring of CARS India perngudi is 2/10.

Last edited by ElantraGT : 25th March 2010 at 19:20.
Old 25th March 2010, 19:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
aargee

Nope - I didn't understand; are you refering to CARS India?
Actually I didn't understand though; are you helping me giving pointers to fix my car's bumper?

Last edited by aargee : 25th March 2010 at 19:18.
Old 26th March 2010, 03:45   #53
BHPian

When you own a car, you must be prepared for both the expected as well as the unexpected. Expected such as costs incurred on timely service and maintenance and unexpcted such as what happened to you. Basically, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. It appears that the truck driver was hell bent on breaking the signal anyways, so you or anyone else in his path would have suffered. Sorry it was you. So keep cool, sorry to hear what happened. send the car for rerpairs and pay the bill. Finally, at the end of the day it also pays not to be so attached to your car that such incidents affect you. I am sure most of you wont agree with me because a car is purchased with sweat, blood tears and a lot of hope and planning, and many many EMIs. Whilst it is right to value your car highly on account of the physical, mental, financial and emotinal cost of ownership, dont become manic over it, is what I am saying. This way, it is easier on you emotionally. Financially you or the insurance company or both, will always be wounded. Moral of the story, be aware of your surroundings and always adopt a defensive driving technique. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.
Old 26th March 2010, 05:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJANGO View Post
Basically, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time
Pal, not to offend you, could you give one or two example of wrong places or wrong time on our regular ways from office to home & we can all avoid it? These are just 2 examples of ours where we kept our cool, like wise there're so many incidents that you can find on the Accidents in India thread; so were all those too wrong places at wrong time? If you insist that is wrong place then why do people still choose to travel by those wrong places? Pls don't get it wrong, "wrong place" simply doesn't make sense here.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:13   #55
Senior - BHPian

@aargee
I would recommend MSM. They have their flaws, but more good than flaws IMO!
Old 26th March 2010, 11:11   #56
Senior - BHPian

@Gansan - Sir, as far as I've heard they do a better job for anyone & most importantly don't swindle or cheat customers. But they're way too far from my home.

Its really frustrating now days to have a clean car; I feel as if someone is hiding out there waiting to see my clean car that comes out of after paying a huge sum swiping the card; once the car is out, all the hideouts come & bang on & when you ask, they say "Sorry sir, I'm a labourer/driver/coolie, pls talk to owner" & this owner will be a person sitting 500Km away (who knows?) & I need to keep negotiating with them over the phone. Worst case is when I go to police station & file an FIR, I've to run behind RT office. RT office is very strict, they work Mon to Fri & have limited 1-2 hours everyday for inspection & the RT inspector should be treated like God; just tired of experiencing all these.

So I decided this time, I'll fix this only when I've hard cash, until then, I'll run with the broken bumpers. Or, worst case, take it to a local garage for tinkering.

Last edited by aargee : 26th March 2010 at 11:12.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Gansan - Sir, as far as I've heard they do a better job for anyone & most importantly don't swindle or cheat customers. But they're way too far from my home.
I would not hesitate to drive over to Ambattur from Chromepet if I found a workshop there was better than MSM! Agreed there are morons waiting to cause heartbreak after a real nice restoration job, but life revolves around hope, one just hopes the car will remain clean for a long long time after each such episode!
Old 26th March 2010, 11:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

Inspirational words; there're lots of work to be done, replace front bumper, rear bumper & side quadrapanels; apart from that ART leather seat covers; so will take some time to do all this. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks