Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 10:13   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Parking space in independent house-Don't repeat my mistake

In my hometown in Kerala, when we designed the parking space, it was meant for two cars. but one needed to move one to get the second one out. A couple of years later, some vaasthu brilliance struck and we had some redesign which made the parking spot shorter and the entrance narrower. No more space for 2 cars, and also no more space for anything longer than a Swift (else the gate wont close behind it!).. On top of that, the road was reconstructed with a big drainage channel on one side making it narrower than before and virtually impossible for bigger cars to turn into the house. Our visitors have even had to park 200 - 300 meters away and walk to our place because of this.
Now we had to build a covered space at the back of the house and a gate there to park my Accord when I'm out of the country for long.
Old 25th September 2018, 08:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Parking space in independent house-Don't repeat my mistake

sorry to bump an old thread but need help on same topic.

Can someone guide me about partial basement parking norms as per BBMP/ BDA.
The BBMP zoning law says basement projection above ground should not be more thn 1.2 m and clearence should be 2.4 m (7.87 feet) minmum. Overall height of building is limited to 11.5 m as per FAR.
And basement parking is not allowed in plots smaller than 200 sq m.

So lets say of size of plot is bigger then 200 sq. m limit and
suppose if one wants to construct a parking such that it is 5.87 feet above ground level and 2 feet below is it legal ?

The reason for limiting to 2 feet is mainly to limit potential water logging issues also want to construct a bedroom on top of it and want to keep level not too much higher from rest of the house. If plinth height is raised to 3 feet then 5.87 high basement works well.

What are the ramp and setback required for this arrangement ?

Last edited by amitk26 : 25th September 2018 at 08:32.

Most Viewed