Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 13:03   #61
BHPian

@aargee, I came across this today and i went through every post in this thread. Man losing your sleep because of adjusting mirrors thats something I didnt undergo.

I had the same problem in office parking. I was frustrated when his happened to me again and again. I came across a solution which might sound stupid to others, but it did solve my problem.

While I park my vehicle, I park it close to the vehicle on the right and then I manually move the other vehicle on the left close to my vehicle. By doing this the guy who tends to make use of your mirror has to squeeze himself between the bikes to adjust the mirror. While going home I dont mind moving the other vehicle out of the way. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Dippy : 5th April 2010 at 14:07. Reason: Correcting spellings
Old 1st April 2010, 13:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hari - Thanks for the suggestion; yes I'd to do this when our office was in Haddows road due to congested parking, no one even bothered to touch the bike. Here, I'm the joker who comes in first, so I'm left to suffer & this is happening for more than 3 months now; initially I just kept ignoring, but this is like happening everyday which is why I'm unable to tolerate. Yes your tip WILL work, no doubt.

EDIT - Finally our parking lot is being moved to a better place

Last edited by aargee : 1st April 2010 at 13:25.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:15   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
I had the same problem in office parking. I was frustrated whent his happened to me again and again. I came across a solution which might sound stupid to others, but it did solve my problem.

While I park my vehicle, I park it close to the vehicle on the right and then I manually move the other vehicle on the left close to my vehicle. By doing this the guy who tends to make use of your mirror has to squeeze himself beween the bikes to adjust the mirror. Wile going home I dont mind moving the other vehicle out of the way. Hope this helps.
Well - You are moving 2 bikes of others so that you don't need to move the mirror on yours. If everyone does this, then, every bike gets moved 4 times a day !!! 2 times in the morning by the bike owners on each side and by the same people in the evening. We will end up spoiling the stands and mistakenly causing a bigger harm to the bike by the way of scratches that might happen.

Probably, this is going a bit too overboard for ensuring that the mirrors don't get twisted out of there position.

Cheers
Old 1st April 2010, 13:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

If I found someone manhandling my bike that way with the stand engaged, I would blow my top!
Old 1st April 2010, 13:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
If I found someone manhandling my bike that way with the stand engaged, I would blow my top!
Hahaha...now that's something that I can live with ; it used to happen in my old office premises everyday due to parking congestion. So sir, the point is what I see as a mountain is someone's molehill & someone's molehill is my mountain. This is not to offend you or justify my point, but to convey that I DID lose my sleep.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
EDIT - Finally our parking lot is being moved to a better place
Why is the new parking place better than the previous one ?

How is this going to solve your problem ?

Even in the new parking place, your LHS mirror could still be misaligned by someone checking their hairdo.

Rohan
Old 1st April 2010, 14:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Why is the new parking place better than the previous one ?

How is this going to solve your problem ?

Even in the new parking place, your LHS mirror could still be misaligned by someone checking their hairdo.

Rohan
Will post the answers next week, its almost getting materialized & should have the answers by Monday or COB.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

Update (hopefully final)
Again the moron fiddled with the mirror last Thursday, but couldn't catch hold of him. Anyway, company declared it as non official parking space now, though securities still keep telling us that it allotted for us. I've now started to park in the upper basement & our office admin has agreed to find the culprit if there're any more instance happening even at the upper basement. This is much better; not to mention, had a good sound sleep during the last, long weekend . Appreciate all your time guys to answer & provide me your valuable solution. Thanks.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Update (hopefully final)
Again the moron fiddled with the mirror last Thursday, but couldn't catch hold of him. Anyway, company declared it as non official parking space now, though securities still keep telling us that it allotted for us. I've now started to park in the upper basement & our office admin has agreed to find the culprit if there're any more instance happening even at the upper basement. This is much better; not to mention, had a good sound sleep during the last, long weekend . Appreciate all your time guys to answer & provide me your valuable solution. Thanks.

Hopefully your problem will end with this parking movement. Do post your experience today evening after the new movement. I am keeping my fingures crossed. I am sure you will have better sleep tonight.
Old 6th April 2010, 01:17   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Hopefully your problem will end with this parking movement. Do post your experience today evening after the new movement. I am keeping my fingures crossed. I am sure you will have better sleep tonight.

lol, I keep coming to this thread to check if even 'Today' someone changed Aargee's LHS mirror alignment.

@aargee - What would you do if even the person (who is changing the alignment) is reading your posts online

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 6th April 2010 at 01:19.
Old 6th April 2010, 05:00   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do post your experience today evening after the new movement.
Ofcourse Hari, the bike remains untouched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
@aargee - What would you do if even the person (who is changing the alignment) is reading your posts online
I'll only be happy. The reason being that now, he/she cannot meddle with it anymore; there're 2 security guards sitting adjacent to the new parking lot & the admin has promised to catch hold of the person incase they meddle even in the new parking area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks