Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2004, 11:36   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys,
well this was long time back. Dippy and his bro had come to Andheri to see the Ferrari. We met outside my building and were waitin for the 355/360. It used to pass by my building every Sunday evening. We were busy talking when suddenly we heard a loud sound. It was the 360 and he zoomed past us. Too bad , we were on the opposite side of the road. The 360 went towards Juhu Circle. I was sure that it would be back in 15-20 minutes. Cos that was a routine every Sunday. But all of us were getting very impatient and so we decided to go towards Juhu Circle. We went till the end, checked out the petrol pump to see if its gone there for a fill-up. But no luck.

We headed back towards Seven Bungalows. Dippy's brother was with me on the bike. We were almost at the end of JV link road when I cud see something yellow in the mirror. And guess what?? It was the 360. Dippy was behind us. And he prpbably didnt see that the 360 was just behind him. We turned behind signalled Dippy to look behind. The car zoomed past us. I got my bike right next to the 360 and was continously oooooogling at the interiors and the engine bay. Imagine riding at 60 and just looking sideways.

And Dippy was also no less. The way he was driving to overtake the 360, he would have never driven that way in his whole life [what say, dippy]. Going fast, honking continously at ricks and cabs to move out of the way. And Dippys bro and me were shocked to see Dippy drive like that . Finally, Dippy caught up with Bhushan at 7 Bungalows bus depot and they both stopped in the middle of the road and started a small chat. We too overtook them and stopped right in front of them and were just staring at the car. It was a good view. Dippy in his zen chatting with Bushan in the middle of the road. And the worst thing was that we had left Dippy's camera in the car. If we had it with us, the pic would have been amazing.
Old 26th February 2004, 12:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey V12

Yeah wasnt that a great evening . I guess it was the first time we met isnt it... Truly an evening to remember. I agree with you pal . I have never driven the way I did that day ever in my life. The overtaking from the opp lanes et all keeping bumper to bumper with the 360. Have to also thank a BEST for getting in the way. But finally I guess it paid off. Wasnt it a great site both me and Bhushan chatting in the middle of the road and the traffic honking from behind.. .Wish we could click that moment would have made a pretty picture

Cheers
Old 26th February 2004, 12:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

Ohh man...thats awesome!

hahaha..really..that would have made a really amazing picture!!!!! maybe next time ;-]
Old 26th February 2004, 13:05   #4
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

that was a really good day. btw that wasnt the first day we met i guess. we met first at barista's , remember?
Old 26th February 2004, 13:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

No V12 we met that very day I met you at Barista and then we proceeded towards your house.

Cheers
Old 26th February 2004, 13:54   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

LOL, you guys are making it sound like the start of a love story, wot?

GTO
Old 1st March 2004, 17:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yeah love story.. well.. V12 was the first guy I met from the forum. Met him right after the Autocar forum shut down

Cheers

Most Viewed