Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

you were very lucky.
Imagine if your driver had reversed into , say a auto? that guy would have made a huge hungama over there.
Old 4th April 2010, 00:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

After reading these posts, I am completely at loss as to what to say.

However, I would weigh on the side of having offered compensation there and then and bot worry about the company (brothers) etc, paying / settling whatever it can be referred to later.

But on the other hand, I would also like to deter a bit when it comes to saying, I am responsible for my driver. He is a responsible person, who I have hired just for convenience, and neither have I asked him to drive rashly or etc, but he makes a foolish mistake and reverses fast. So just because I employed him, why should I be blamed. He was issued a valid drivers license by the Govt of India and alos some authority gave him permit to be a driver, then they are also equally accountable as they never tested him properly and let an un-capable driver on the loose

I am being fair to both sides
Old 4th April 2010, 00:59   #48
BHPian

If Raj had offered his card, then case closed. The Qualis guys is a dude

Personally, I still feel that the owner is supposed to stand up to teh situation and take care of company related hassels later. If my car is hit by another car, the last thing I would want to be handed is that car's company's rule book

And raj, I agree "DO NOT TOUCH THE CAR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
thanks for clarifying buddy. i hope you did what i could not.

of what i have learnt, its really tough to convince members in T-BHP even if you have a genuine problem.
Raj, if you fail to mention that you had indeed offered your card/ contact to the QG, that too after 2 pages of posts, then you cannot hold T-Bhpians for being adamant.

I edited my earlier post after reading bombatt's post. But I am still confused how can you use another company's driver for personal use and expect the company to take responsibility of the accident? Your car, your selected driver, your or your company;s responsibility IMHO. The driver's company wil only take responsibility as long as the accident happened while the driver was on company service and as per company laws/ rules.

Last edited by Eddy : 4th April 2010 at 02:29. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 4th April 2010, 01:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

IMO, your should have just exchanged contact details and get your brother to talk to him, once your brother was back from out of town of course, since its your "brother's car"..

P.s. What goes around comes around... watch out for reversing morons...
Old 4th April 2010, 01:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

Its only fair that the damage should be compensated to the Qualis driver and yes "your driver" should be docked for some part of that compensation. Next time he will reverse as if he is ferrying eggs. But since the QG guy refused let it be and move on, however I feel that the offer could have been more direct.
But to the Qualis guy, if you are reading this, Kudos to you for being a gentleman and showing the true spirit of being a bhpian.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 4th April 2010 at 01:31.
Old 4th April 2010, 02:45   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
well well, even my car is my company owned, so does that add to the confusion?
Not judging who is right, and who is wrong. However, your opening post was really vague and even i felt the same things others have mentioned before. Only from subsequent comments from you and your friend, things became somewhat clearer! People would have reacted to the post better if it would have had all those points covered.

However, one thing i feel-

Your company's car- your brother's company's driver. However, since you/or your company (if official) were using him, it becomes your's/ your company's responsibility). Not clear from posts whether its official/ personal?

How did the qualis guy know your driver, and where he works?

To the Qualis guy-
Old 4th April 2010, 06:48   #52
BHPian

I read all the posts in this thread. I have several questions and a few thoughts / comments in my mind all of which I withhold BUT this one thought,
Qualis Guy: YOU ARE ONE GEM OF A PERSON SIR!
Old 4th April 2010, 08:32   #53
J.Ravi

All along we have been hearing one side of the story, getting modified every now and then. Since the gentleman-victim is not a member of Team BHP, we will not hear the other side of the story.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th April 2010 at 08:42.

Old 4th April 2010, 08:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
you were very lucky.
Imagine if your driver had reversed into , say a auto? that guy would have made a huge hungama over there.
i have had such an incident when an auto guy rear ended into my car & still created a hungama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
After reading these posts, I am completely at loss as to what to say.

However, I would weigh on the side of having offered compensation there and then and bot worry about the company (brothers) etc, paying / settling whatever it can be referred to later.
see buddy, let me be clear. i am no GOD or that generous that i would simply take out a wad of cash & hand it over to the QG saying "5 grands dont matter to me, i'll look into it later".

i am not against giving any compensation to the QG. but the only thing i wanted from them was to talk & arrive to a conclusion. moreover, after they come to a conclusion, i would obviously talk to my brother & see that he gets his money.

Quote:
But on the other hand, I would also like to deter a bit when it comes to saying, I am responsible for my driver. He is a responsible person, who I have hired just for convenience, and neither have I asked him to drive rashly or etc, but he makes a foolish mistake and reverses fast. So just because I employed him, why should I be blamed. He was issued a valid drivers license by the Govt of India and alos some authority gave him permit to be a driver, then they are also equally accountable as they never tested him properly and let an un-capable driver on the loose
thanks for being fair.

but i do agree that the employer is responsible for his staff. but here i am not his employer...

i again repeat, i am not saying that since he is not my staff, i wont give him any compensation. i just meant that if he demands compensation, he would receive it from my brother's company & not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust_Note View Post
And raj, I agree "DO NOT TOUCH THE CAR"
obviously man. accidents do happen & nobody does it on purpose. does that mean you damage the other car?

also, that statement was said in a way to indicate that i do not deserve to have that sticker on my car. that was a little overboard IMO. some people here comment as if they are saints & the most law abiding citizens of india.

Quote:
Raj, if you fail to mention that you had indeed offered your card/ contact to the QG, that too after 2 pages of posts, then you cannot hold T-Bhpians for being adamant.
i agree buddy. i am not used to writing long posts! so i missed out a lot of points. you can just say i tried to cut the long story short. but that backfired.

and i am not saying that T-BHPians are adamant! i am myself a bhpian. but some just comment before reading the entire thread & its really difficult to repeat the same things again & again.

Quote:
But I am still confused how can you use another company's driver for personal use and expect the company to take responsibility of the accident? Your car, your selected driver, your or your company;s responsibility IMHO. The driver's company wil only take responsibility as long as the accident happened while the driver was on company service and as per company laws/ rules.
see this is actually based on a mutual understanding between me & my brother. we have on many instances shared our company's drivers when its inevitable & in such situations, we have decided that the driver who is at fault, that company will pay for it. because that driver will have his own records in his company where all this will be entered.

so its easier to claim money directly from my brother's company than me paying first & then trying to reclaim it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Its only fair that the damage should be compensated to the Qualis driver and yes "your driver" should be docked for some part of that compensation. Next time he will reverse as if he is ferrying eggs.
i think that would take away a sizable chunk of his salary. he is a man with a wife & 2 kids. so we cant be that inhuman, can we?

Quote:
But since the QG guy refused let it be and move on, however I feel that the offer could have been more direct.
maybe he refused since he knew that the driver was not my guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However, one thing i feel-

Your company's car- your brother's company's driver. However, since you/or your company (if official) were using him, it becomes your's/ your company's responsibility). Not clear from posts whether its official/ personal?
this thing has been explained above. it was more personal than official. as i said, we have a mutual understanding in such situations.

Quote:
How did the qualis guy know your driver, and where he works?
i told him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
I read all the posts in this thread. I have several questions and a few thoughts / comments in my mind all of which I withhold BUT this one thought,
you can ask. anyways, i have asked the Mods to delete/lock this thread.

Quote:
Qualis Guy: YOU ARE ONE GEM OF A PERSON SIR!
even i agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
All along we have been hearing one side of the story, getting modified every now and then. Since the gentleman-victim is not a member of Team BHP, we will not hear the other side of the story.
thanks a lot for the kind words! appreciated...

Last edited by raj_5004 : 4th April 2010 at 08:51.
Old 4th April 2010, 12:47   #55
Senior - BHPian

All I want to say is,

Raj: asking the QG to settle the issue with the driver is obviously because you were pissed with the driver, You trying to teach him a lesson is quite understandable, But... We do have a lot of Bhpians who loose their cool and end up in road rage, how will you control such a situation? You offering your card is more than it, you dont have to beg to the QG to take the money, However the arguments you put are indeed baseless your driver being your bros driver and all is just not an excuse. Just imagine if he killed someone(god forbid) on the road will all your arguments hold good in front of the cops or a mob? People here are not hard of understanding the right things, as you mentioned in your post earlier, its just that everyone is entitled for an openion. No offences ment though.

QG: if you are reading this you did what a good citizien did, walked away from the scene without creating a mess. I have been rear eneded a couple of times after i came to kerala and the answer i hear from people is, " I tried but could not stop on time" So now i dont bother getting out of the car, its just some money which we might loose at the end our peace of mind will still be with us.

Pramod
Old 4th April 2010, 13:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

As others have rightly pointed out, Raj should have compensated the damages incurred by the Qualis guy, due to the stupidity of his driver.
Leaving the matter to his driver & Qualis for settlement was not the right thing, knowing full that it was his driver's mistake & he can't afford to pay up for the damages!
Old 4th April 2010, 13:34   #57
BANNED

Gosh..! Long time since people didn't get to bash someone..?

Let go guys, he has already stated his problem. Not everyone's financial status is good enough at all times. But the question is, How many of us would have done the same thing what we are suggesting Raj? It's always easier said than done.

Snatching off the TBH stickers from someone else's car, does not surely make someone a real one..! You got no rights to touch someone else's property, no matter WHAT.

Qualis guy, You are a great person. Do show up in the community. Kudos, you are the actual "Distinguished BHPian".

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 4th April 2010 at 13:39.
Old 4th April 2010, 13:55   #58
BHPian

A company owned car, driven by the company's employee. How does that make Raj liable for the damage? Think straight guys.
If one of you were to travel in an office cab, and the driver rams into someone else's car, would you pay? NO.
Why? because its a company vehicle, driven be the company driver and you were just traveling in it, right?
Old 4th April 2010, 13:59   #59
BANNED

really confused. Starting from the Title "My driver","My brothers company driver", "My car", "My company car" and so on.

Kudos to QG for keep himself cool.

Thanks to RAJ for sharing this incident openly to the forum, and you are really lucky too.

Imagine if it was a local auto wala, an army of auto wala's would have been their to support him and extract the money from you. You wouldn't have time to think the rules and regulations of the company at that time.
Old 4th April 2010, 14:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

Rofl, I still cant believe people are 'suggesting' things on what should have been done with the qualis guy.

How many of us who drive here follow the 80 or 100 rule on the expressway ?
How many of us dont street race sometimes ?
How many of us have never touched any car and have always done the 'team bhp' way of right things ?

I confess I have a team-bhp sticker, 2 on my car, front and behind and I have done 140's and 160's on normal Mumbai Thane Highways, Goa Highways Cut lanes left right and center, Street Raced and not always been a sane person.

So what, We do things what we deem right at the moment, Later we promise ourselves that we wont do it, but still sometimes we do end up doing it again. Everyone is human.

And about ripping the team-bhp sticker

A team-bhp sticker is not a deterrent enough to drive sanely all the time, nor is it a speed governor, nor ABS, EBD, nor a 'will never bang anyone software'
Closed Thread

Most Viewed