Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 14:31   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Qualis guy, You are a great person. Do show up in the community. Kudos, you are the actual "Distinguished BHPian".
+1 to that... No matter what the other conclusions are....
Old 4th April 2010, 14:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Having written so much, feel it is time for all members to take rest and may be this thread can be closed as opined by the thread owner himself.

QG, imo, might have left the scene, thinking that he can do the repair under insurance (such minor incidents do not require any police case/FIR etc?) and not to waste time arguing on the Road!?
Old 4th April 2010, 15:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Although I dont own a business I would have to ask "How hard can it be?". Offering compensation from you company's account... is it that such a hard thing to do?

Ideally you shouldnt have used your brother's company driver and since you did, it automatically becomes your responsibility.

Asking the QG to deal directly with your driver regarding compensation was in very bad taste and it does show you in light that you wanted to get out of the situation by hook or by crook. Even if your offered you card to the Qualis guys, how do you expect him to use it in the middle of the road?

The only option you left him was to either argue with your poor driver, who wasnt your driver in first place or use your card which quite frankly wasnt possible at the time.

To the Qualis guy... real gentleman you are mate.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 4th April 2010 at 15:05.
Old 4th April 2010, 15:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
All I want to say is,

Raj: asking the QG to settle the issue with the driver is obviously because you were pissed with the driver, You trying to teach him a lesson is quite understandable
No man! that must be one of the reasons. the other, i have already mentioned before.

Quote:
You offering your card is more than it, you dont have to beg to the QG to take the money
yes, the QG was a gentleman & he must have thought that the expenses would be deducted from the driver's pocket.

but some of the "oh-so-good" bhpians who are strict law abiding citizens want me to make an extra move & offer him money from my pocket even when the QG was not interested.

Quote:
QG: if you are reading this you did what a good citizien did, walked away from the scene without creating a mess. I have been rear eneded a couple of times after i came to kerala and the answer i hear from people is, " I tried but could not stop on time" So now i dont bother getting out of the car, its just some money which we might loose at the end our peace of mind will still be with us.
its always the same with me too buddy. accidents do happen & nobody does it on purpose. i just think of that as a bad day & never bother to ask the other driver to pay for the expenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
As others have rightly pointed out, Raj should have compensated the damages incurred by the Qualis guy, due to the stupidity of his driver.
Leaving the matter to his driver & Qualis for settlement was not the right thing, knowing full that it was his driver's mistake & he can't afford to pay up for the damages!
oh no, not again! you have not read the entire thread, have you?

please read post # 28, point # 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Snatching off the TBH stickers from someone else's car, does not surely make someone a real one..! You got no rights to touch someone else's property, no matter WHAT.
exactly my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
A company owned car, driven by the company's employee. How does that make Raj liable for the damage? Think straight guys.
If one of you were to travel in an office cab, and the driver rams into someone else's car, would you pay? NO.
Why? because its a company vehicle, driven be the company driver and you were just traveling in it, right?
thanks for understanding the complications buddy.

people here want me to pay from my OWN pocket. sorry guys, i am not a super rich like some other lucky fellas commenting over here. i have to think twice before shelling out such big bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
really confused. Starting from the Title "My driver","My brothers company driver", "My car", "My company car" and so on.
oh ho, sorry for the confusion, i'll clear it up.

by 'my driver', i actually meant my car's driver. he is actually my brother's company staff but was driving my car which is registered in my company's name. hope you got it!

my scorpio = my company's car
my driver = my brother's company staff

Quote:
Thanks to RAJ for sharing this incident openly to the forum, and you are really lucky too.
i was lucky there & unlucky here!

Quote:
Imagine if it was a local auto wala, an army of auto wala's would have been their to support him and extract the money from you. You wouldn't have time to think the rules and regulations of the company at that time.
i have been in that situation! i asked him to claim insurance & he was reluctant which clearly stated he dint have insurance papers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Rofl, I still cant believe people are 'suggesting' things on what should have been done with the qualis guy.

How many of us who drive here follow the 80 or 100 rule on the expressway ?
How many of us dont street race sometimes ?
How many of us have never touched any car and have always done the 'team bhp' way of right things ?

I confess I have a team-bhp sticker, 2 on my car, front and behind and I have done 140's and 160's on normal Mumbai Thane Highways, Goa Highways Cut lanes left right and center, Street Raced and not always been a sane person.
infact after having the T-BHP sticker, i drive a lot slower now giving way to each & everyone on the road. i reach home a good 10-15 mins slower now! this is just because i understand i represent a community now & i dont want to malign the image of this forum. i try to follow all rules properly & have many times got ugly stares because of this.

Quote:
So what, We do things what we deem right at the moment, Later we promise ourselves that we wont do it, but still sometimes we do end up doing it again. Everyone is human.
exactly. i just did what i felt was right at that moment. i was not in a position to comment nor take a decision regarding compensation, so i chose to kept mum & gave the power to the driver who can atleast give a proper answer to the QG regarding what could be done.

Quote:
And about ripping the team-bhp sticker

A team-bhp sticker is not a deterrent enough to drive sanely all the time, nor is it a speed governor, nor ABS, EBD, nor a 'will never bang anyone software'
thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Having written so much, feel it is time for all members to take rest and may be this thread can be closed as opined by the thread owner himself.

QG, imo, might have left the scene, thinking that he can do the repair under insurance (such minor incidents do not require any police case/FIR etc?) and not to waste time arguing on the Road!?
i have asked the mods to do so, but it has not happened till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Although I dont own a business I would have to ask "How hard can it be?". Offering compensation from you company's account... is it that such a hard thing to do?
its actually about company policies mate. how can my company show a company account transaction for a driver who is not working in my company?

it can be done on mutual agreement between my brother & me. but far more easier is just talking the money from my bro's company. the driver just needs to make a phone call, narrate the incident & the amount for compensation will be cleared.

thats the reason i asked the QG to talk to the driver so that he can in turn talk to someone in his office.

Quote:
Ideally you shouldnt have used your brother's company driver and since you did, it automatically becomes your responsibility.
i know that. i would have helped him out. but thats only after we arrive to a conclusion about what needs to be done, right?

Quote:
Asking the QG to deal directly with your driver regarding compensation was in very bad taste and it does show you in light that you wanted to get out of the situation by hook or by crook.
i cannot offer more explanations on this. sorry buddy.

Quote:
Even if your offered you card to the Qualis guys, how do you expect him to use it in the middle of the road?
so what do you expect me to do? pay him hard cash then & there?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 4th April 2010 at 15:15.
Old 4th April 2010, 15:21   #65
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Raj,

In circumstances like these, no matter who is driving the car - the onus of paying for the damages always lies with the owner of the car. The QG or anybody for that matter would not care one bit whether the person driving the car is related / unrelated / driver / cousin / friend of the car owner. He would want to settle the matter immediately and thats what should have been proposed to him. The settlement should have been done immediately between yourself and the QG. All other settlements between you and the driver/company can be taken care of later. The car owner is responsible for any damage that is caused by his vehicle. Even if the matter was reported in the police station, I'm sure the vehicle owner's name would have been recorded in the FIR.

I agree that there has been a lot of bashing in this thread, but it is also due to the fact that the opening post did not mention all the details - which you have now mentioned after members started asking for. Maybe you should have been very clear and detailed in the opening post itself.

The thread is now being locked and all the details will be moved to the opening post.

Request everyone to please go through the opening post before giving any suggestions / feedback.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:30   #66
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I realise the thread is closed, just wanted to add one last comment.

I'm amused at everyone telling Raj that he should have paid the Qualis driver. Raj is NOT legally liable to pay for third party (i.e. the Qualis') damage. This is PRECISELY why we pay insurance premiums, and third party coverage is mandatory by law.

Net net, it is Raj's insurance company that is liable to pay for the Qualis' damage. Also, do NOT pay cash at the spot of the accident. The Qualis guy seems to be a gentleman. However, there are some others who will take cash from you, then file a police case and sue you / your insurance company for damages anyways.

Again, you are NOT liable by law to pay anything to the damaged (third party) car at the scene of the accident.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:34   #67
Team-BHP Support

One more "last post"

I think QualisGuy could easily have requested or pursued compensation, but he chose not to. I don't see how QG's gentlemanly choice is in any way Raj's fault.

Sometimes its hard to think straight at the time of an accident. Here are some threads that might help direct you on the best practices to follow if you are ever in this same situation :

What to do in case of an accident

What to do in case of a minor accident

A small accident, and what do you do?

First accident : What to do?

cya
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks