Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2004, 14:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

You know what, that very photograph of the headless driver has been used as an eye opener for a "Drinking and Driving" Ad in Blore.

They've even managed to put a bottle in the poor guys hands. That is a real sick way of doin it.

They've printed it on a bill board which is several feet high and wide.

They've not only made fun of the poor driver who died but, have also put it in such a way that it'll just spoil your whole day once you've seen it.

I think such things should be banned from bieng shown in public. There are so many other ways of doing it.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 8th March 2004, 23:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shan2nu. Find out who the advertising agency is and lemme know. I will file a complaint against them with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) and ensure that the agency does not repeat this kind of advertising ever again. This is downright groase. Practically no respect for the man who lost his life, or his family. So what if he is not an Indian and the incident has occured outside India's territorial boundaries. For the sake of humanity, these people need to be reprimanded. And yes GTO, i agree that street racing of all forms should not be encouraged. Sure, like you, i have got involved in several street races and still do. But as you've rightly said, the pain and trauma that others have to go through isn't funny at all. Frankly, if governments allow the development of racing tracks, we could see a lot of young people use these tracks to show their skills on track-days, preventing them from putting theirs as well as others lives at risk. Drive safely and sensibly.
Old 30th March 2004, 00:37   #18
BHPian

revvmaster i am totally with u on this 1.this kind of advertising is not only sickening butn this also shows the lack of recpect on the agency's part for the people who died in this unfortunate event
Old 30th March 2004, 01:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

hey thats damn bad, I don't think ANYONE should die like THAT!
NOT EVEN MY BLOODY ENEMY......SHEESH......feel damned sorry for that guy who was torn in pieces!
Pray that no one ends up like this again.
Old 30th March 2004, 02:22   #20
BHPian

Heythat scared the crap out of me man take those pics of those mangled bodies out if possible
pls we got some young guys on this site too but come to think of it it could be a warning to our young and unafe drivers:(
Old 30th March 2004, 02:37   #21

man... thats the most horrific pictures I have ever seen !! I mean, the 355 was completly smashed !!

and yeah, sorry for the guys too, but they would have been hanged for smashing upsuch a beauty if they had survived !!
Old 30th March 2004, 03:16   #22
BHPian

forgive me guys if i 'm wrong. but i got a mail loooong bk (maybe 2 yrs) saying "you recognize this guy?". it showed all these grotesque pix and finally said the guy was schumi and all the pix were made up !!! he looks a bit like schumi na.....maybe they got a replica to do a really bad joke. i dont know if the accident's true or not, but then if it came in the paper's and if the whole thing's confirmed, then.......it's really really sad. but then we do get a lotta gross mails frm ppl like what guys eat in korea and vietnam, and wht someone found in his burger and stuff like that...anything's possible with imaging and stuff. so i dont know.......and plz excuse me if i'm wrong. take care guys.
Old 1st April 2004, 21:00   #23
snoopy41

well in the same vein check out another site that will make u cry,,www.wreckedexotics.com,,havent really dealt with the issue of Safety,,while recommending this,,ciao

Old 3rd September 2005, 06:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

None of the links worked...
Old 3rd September 2005, 09:27   #25
BHPian

that is a very old post about an year and half back.... links must have been removed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks