Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2004, 03:00   #1
BHPian

My story doesnt sound like much. You guys must be doing it every other day. I hardly get to drive my car for more than 10 kms everyday, that too in traffic. ricks, cycles, best buses..et al.
We were in the siena on the w.e. hi-way. Was lucky to b right in front of all cars at the signal somewhere between malad and goregaon. Made a clean start. Was cruising at a comfy 50 kmph in the right lane. Mom was in the backseat. So cant go over 55. Then comes this Sierra. Na. not dippy. He would have ran over me. * anyways...he comes honking. this irritates my dad sitting nxt to me. asks me to pullover and let him go past.
let him go past? hehehehe. with 100 horses wanting to b whipped up in the fornt. na! drop down to 3rd...and dab the accelerator * and watch the sierra soon becoming a speck in the rear view mirror. I guess i am addicted to that now. just gimme an empty road...and a chap on my tail who is in a big hurry and i want to show him a clean pair of heels. Eat my dust, dude!
Old 5th April 2004, 03:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to racing pal! I too started off the same way, races at the lights. Now its just a lil' longer, sometimes 10-12 kms.

You just gonna get better with time. Have fun racing pal.

Revv
Old 5th April 2004, 03:35   #3
RJK
Senior - BHPian

yup...siena's got nice grunt...i like the engine...sometimes what i do in such situations is go even slower than ur exisitng speed & just dont let him go ahead..taht makes them crazy

Anyway keep it safe....

M3
Old 5th April 2004, 06:31   #4
BHPian

Have fun racing...but dont go overboard ....Keep it safe
Old 5th April 2004, 12:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey N4S

I too have this habit of putting guys who honk in the dust . Only difference is since mine is an AT i just floor the pedal which gives me a kick down shift and volia the car behind me turns into an ant . I still rememner once an auntie was hinking in an Alto behind me . I gave her the same treatment and finally when she came a bit diagonally beside me she started abusing me . I had the most heart laugh and well gave her the same treament again

Cheers
Old 5th April 2004, 13:32   #6
Sam
BHPian

Thats a great feeling to just leave them in the dust. Next time it happens change lanes and let the reach just next to you and accelerate. They shouldnt pass you no matter how hard they try, and dont completely push off also. It feels even better showing them that they can.. try but they will fail.
Old 5th April 2004, 14:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

You said it Sam

Cheers
Old 5th April 2004, 15:36   #8
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

ya. thats the best idea. get them alongside and then race away.
Old 5th April 2004, 15:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Race them and when they come beside you at the next signal enjoy the look on their faces . I used to enjoy that when I had my Fiat with a 1.6 Mazda diesel engine and a 5 speed Contessa gearbox in it. i used to whip the day lights out of the Esteems,Cielos and other cars on the road. Look on their faces was worth looking at...

Cheers
Old 5th April 2004, 15:50   #10
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat with Mazda engine? Hey Dippy, u never told us abt this. Tell us the whole thing in detail.
Old 5th April 2004, 16:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Yeah V12 . I dont remember if I told you this.. Aditya knows well. I bought my Fiat in 1989 and was with me till 1998. In 1996 we put a diesel heart in her. We sourced a 1.6 Mazda engine from Chor Bazaar and luckily got a good engine. We first mated it to a NE 4 speed . When we took her on the Bombay Pune rd for test we found that the 1.6 needed another gear for her power. So the best was to get the Conti gearbox in. After the the car ran like a dream . 1st gear acceleration was mind blowing and the engine was silent as ever gave me 18kmpl. I painted her black with bucket seats did the full upholstery. Put 13 inchers with suitable radials, complete with foglights et al. I had a lot of fun with her like I said the shocked look on the other car owners was somethin else. Unfortunately we had to sell her when we got Justy (my dog) and we got the Sierra.

But I enjoyed all the times we spent together...

Cheeres
Old 5th April 2004, 16:24   #12
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey that sounds cool. any pics of the Fiat.
Old 5th April 2004, 18:46   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dippy!

I am surprised you kept this engine shoe-horning from us till now. How much did you source the engine for? What other modifications did you have to implement to get it running in your fiat? What about the conti gearbox? How many km on the engine?

Sorry about so many questions, but engine changes do that to me

GTO
Old 5th April 2004, 19:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey GTO

I actually think I mentioned this when we met once but I guess vaguely and we were too busy in other car talk to notice. Well I got the engine for around 58k Conti gearbox cost around 15k . I strenghtened the chassis got the suspension done up . Had to bring forward the front end a wee bit but not much really. The engine fitted pretty well actually and was noisy only during the morning start. Once driven it was really silent and coupled to the Conti transmission shifts were super smooth. I reall had a wild time with that . Really brings back the memories. Will let u know the entire thing in our next meet..

Cheers
Old 7th April 2004, 01:48   #15
BHPian

Then there was this other incident when i was in my old fiat. Had stopped at the signal at centaur on the w.e.h while going towards bandra. There was this grey 7 series BMW on my right, driven by a guy in his 50s and an esteem and an accent on my left.
When the lites turned green, i stomped on the acce and just pulled off. Grinning from ear to ear thinking i have smoked a bmw. forget abt those two chaps on my left. maybe 10 secs and 60 kph later, i heard a whooooooshing sound on my right. quick glance on the right and this bmw is making me look as if i am standing still. Passed me ofcourse. Maybe if there was a chap like one of us behind the wheel of that bmw, i wud never get to write this post. he would have been at the next signal while we were changing into second.
oh yes, those chaps in their accents and esteems passed me too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks