Team-BHP - The accident!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   The accident!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/796-accident.html)

I have raced quite a bit with my dad's Honda City...damm it was a sexy car....just love the way the engine rev's up...pull up at a single and out accelerate the wind out the others there...There have been many exciting races i have been in but nothing beats when i tried to race myself(stupid isnt)
It was 1st March 2003 the very day India beat Pak in the world cup.Like the rest of Bombay i was out on the streets with my friends in the Honda City drove all around later dropped most friends (giving advice to one about driving safely).Then just me another friend decided to go to reclamation as it wasnt yet open officially(or so i thought...that you could drive up and down anyway you want...if you get wat i am saying).With India winning...i was all pumped...i took the left frmo Mahim causway to enter the strecth at reclamation...drove the car sanely upto the 'U' turn.I turned...paused for a bit...stoppped put the car in 1st...revved her...and let the clutch go n stepped on the gas(not knowing wat was in store for me!) I redlined her in 1st n 2nd...shifted to 3rd reaching upto 100 kmph...just then my friend shouted WAT THE HELL R U DOING LOOK AHEAD....it was too late the $%^#@(& @ MSRDC at put up a concrete road block...i didnt notice it before...slammed the brakes...my friend pullled the hand brake it caused the car to skid and BAMM i had banged into the road block shattering the concrete blocks and totally wrecking the car but the stereo was still working!!.Now this says a lot about how safe the car is and how stupid i am!! Neither me nor my friend were injured not even scratches!! It was totally awesome though!!

Please see this as an detterent to road racing....it is highly dangerous especially in a city like Mumbai where anything can come up anywhere!

holy mother of s*** man ! thts highly dangerous driving there...i knw they just put some blocks out of nowhere sometimes but that was serioulsy risky stuff there man...better be careful dude...life is precious...one thing i didn't get though is where were u looking when ur frnd shouted ? speedo ?? anyway thanks to the car ur safe...hmm..interesting the car's stereo was still wrkng..mayb to keep u entertained till help arrived anywho so how much was the damage on ur car ? Honda's are really expensive as far as denting repairing goes..i had a rear end shunt in aug last year & it cost me 55g ! the trunk lid had to be replaced with the taillight & the bumper !

Btw r u maharashtrian by any chance ? just curious...

Drive safe dude....

M3

The light's were pretty dim...and those A$$^&*$ had painted the road block on the other side so i really couldnt make it out!!
Just wanna let ppl know that road racing can be dangerous even if done alone!
Yes i am a Maharashtrain

It cost my dad quite a bit to repair the car ...but she wasnt the same anymore...sold her

Hey pal that was some accident and its good that you too got out uninjured. Anways your stero was working but what bout the car???

Cheers

oye ! u sold her !! what did u buy then ? another city 1.5 ??

M3

Wish i could buy another city...we were being offered the vtec at abt 1 lac discount....but we decided to go in for the Corolla (125 bhp ) but she isnt the same fun to drive!!

Honda City Rules!!

nice but u really should have got the Vtec at 1lakh discount..its marvellous...shantanu & GTO surely will agree with me anyhow corolla isn't bad either..

M3

Yeah man, ther's nothing like owning a City. Have owned the Vtec since Sep 2001 and i've never, even for a sigle moment, regretted buying it.

I heard of a Vtec for sale in Blore. According to sources, that car is 1.5 years old and can be your's for 5 lakhs!!!

I'll personally check it out and let you guys know about the details.

Is there anything in particular, that you might want me to checkout?

Regards...
Shan2nu

that was one hell of race against time. these MSRDC people will put anything anywhere at any time. anyways good u werent hurt. all thanks to the car and ur friend who alerted you.

Anyways now u better be careful with the Corolla or ur dad's gonna sell it and get a carb 800 [36 bhp] for u.

Drive safe, Wraith...drive safe. On Indian roads, its always best to be prepared for the worst...at all times.

GTO

Drive safe dude and dont red line the Corolla at unescessary times. Bwe more careful next time...

Cheers

shan2nu how was the vtec man decent condition? plz let me know

wraith your one lucky dogg we race but we keep it safe u can get another car not another life get it ( think about it dude )???

Very true...but like Fred Durst said "Life's a lesson You'll learn when u r thru"
But i am a safe driver otherwise and maybe i can see u ppl race sometime??

hey Wraith was this a white honda city 1.3 i think. ? ? ?