Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2004, 15:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

This happened a few days ago,
I was going for my usual morning drives when i saw 2 bikes ripping in front of me.

I usually don't do bikes, but since these 2 claim of performance better than some Indian cars, i thought i'd have some fun with them.

So as we reached a speed breaker, we slowed down to around 20kmph. That's when the bikers noticed the Vtec behind them.

They took to ripping the bikes instantly. i waited till all 4 wheels were done with the speed breaker and then let go.

The Karizma was never in the race as he was racing with his GF at the back. The dts-i had taken a huge lead from the Karizma by the time we hit 80kmph.

As my needle zipped past 100, i saw the Karizma slide away behind me with the dtsi still leading the way.

I had taken far too much time to get over the speed breaker and the dtsi had almost a 10-15 m advantage over me, catching it wasn't gonna be that easy. I had to reach 120kmph before i could get past him.

Now that straight led to a fast right turn that went uphill. The bikes eased off a bit at this point and i was at 140-145 kmph.

Now i've been ripping on this road ever since i bought the Vtec so i knew i could tackle the turn at those speeds. So i stepped on the gas and as the speedo crossed 150kmph, i took the turn at full throttle.

I never looked back after that until i had to take a U turn a KM away. As i cruised back towards Hubli, i came across both the bikers who were now cruising themselves.

They had this wierd grin across their face, they looked happy, sad and zapped at the same time. hehe

As if to say "Wow, that was fast but why??? Why did you have to come and spoil our party man!!!"

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 22nd April 2004, 17:38   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ April 22 2004,14:09)]As if to say "Wow, that was fast but why??? Why did you have to come and spoil our party man!!!"
touchwood !!!! one helluva pedal-to-the metal rip off race this must've been ...equally nicely put shan2nu

bow
~A
Old 22nd April 2004, 18:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

hehehe
where was this in bangi dude?
which area?
Old 22nd April 2004, 19:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

It was in Hubli man, national highway, wide open at 7:30 am. hehe

Drove the wheels off my car that day.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 22nd April 2004, 19:29   #5
BANNED

turn at 150kms...hmmm vtec is the way to go.............!
Old 22nd April 2004, 20:53   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yet another breed eats Vtec dust..Brilliant!! I dont think any Indian 2 wheeler is capable of keeping up with the Vtec...to the 100km/h mark or beyond.

Good showing

GTO
Old 22nd April 2004, 21:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Except the Yam Dragstar, if considered an indianised bike, none of the other indian bikes even come close to the Vtec. The dtsi survived till 120 as i started off very late, didn't want to rip when the car was halfway throught the speed breaker.

If we were to start at the same time, i'd have squashed them by the time we hit 60 kmph.

Just for the record...here's a comparo.

0 - 60 kmph
Pulsar 180 dtsi - 4.92 secs
Karizma - 4.70 secs
Vtec - 4.41 secs

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 23rd April 2004, 00:33   #8
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Yet another breed eats Vtec dust..Brilliant!! I dont think any Indian 2 wheeler is capable of keeping up with the Vtec...to the 100km/h mark or beyond.
Hey GTO, were shantanu's VTEC posts/views/experience on FI and Team-bhp some of the deciding factors while choosing your VTEC???

Ya cos the way he enjoys his VTEC makes me just go out and buy one whenever i read any of his stories. Seriously.
Old 23rd April 2004, 00:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

It's not just me man,
Anybody who drives his Vtec can vouch for that. GTO just got his Vtec, wait till he starts ripping and racing it. He'll have more stories to tell than me.

Even OD and AC always mention how much they love driving the Vtec.

The Vtec is not an obligation, it's an addiction. It's not your usual point A to point B car, it's a totally different xperience, atleast for Indian drivers.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:10   #10
BANNED

i want a v-tecccccccccccccccccccc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23rd April 2004, 06:55   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ April 22 2004,23:03)]Hey GTO, were shantanu's VTEC posts/views/experience on FI and Team-bhp some of the deciding factors while choosing your VTEC???
Hey Shan2nu,

cool story....and love your comparative times etc whenever we are doing comparisons (if you could state ur source that would be great too.....just for our personal reference)

V12, didnt GTO own his 1st VTEC from even before FI? (and then sold it to buy the C-class)

cya
R
Old 23rd April 2004, 12:25   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ April 22 2004,23:24)]Even OD and AC always mention how much they love driving the Vtec.
wonder...who are these chaps

~A
Old 23rd April 2004, 12:29   #13
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyways Shantanu i wud suggest you not to race or encourage these riders if they have a pillion [especially a girl or a kid]. Cos what i feel is that a pillion safety is the riders responsibility. And some of these guys, if they have a girl sitting behind, they just tend to show off [both their ego and engine capacity]. I've seen so many of them here. Its really dangerous. In the event of an accident the guy is safe cos he knows what to do if he's abt to fall. But what abt the girl. No helmet. No knowledge what to do incase of an accident.
Old 23rd April 2004, 14:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey man, it was at 7:30 am on a national highway. Empty straight road.

I never rip my car when there is traffic or when the roads aren't big enough.

The bikers started ripping even before me. So, they were the ones who encouraged me.

And Rehaan,
yeah all the times that i post have been taken from the "Overdrive" road tests of that particular vehicle.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 23rd April 2004, 17:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

I've seen so many morons with a girl [mostly] behind riding as if whole world is gonna end.
Bloody idiots like them, they'll tilt [and go zig-zag] the bike on straight roads that too while accelerating. and the useless cuts they'll give, it all looks scary. Feels very bad for the person sitting behind, has to risk his/her life becuase of an idiot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks