Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 18:22   #1
BaldOwl

Bad Experience with an IBM India cab

Had a bad experience with a IBM Cab today on 100 ft road, Indiranagar.

TATA Sumo

KA 05 AB 1725 - M 468

The M 468 was the number on the cab.

I was driving from CMH Road towards Old Airport Road and this cab overtakes me from the left and swipes me making me hit the road divider. I drive a Scorpio and there are some scratches on the front Left Hand Side Bumper of the car.

I follow him and noted down the details of the cab and took the complaint numbers too.

The number is 40204567/40204568.

A third grade person picks the number and talks in a very rough tone. I ask him his name and he says Ashok, I ask him for his full name and email id. He says he has no second name and no email id.

I ask him whether he is IBM employee. He says yes. But he does not have an email ID

I then ask him for his managers number and he says he himself is manager. I laugh at that and tell him he is not worth to be a peon forget manager in IBM.

This riles him and he starts his nonsense about whether I know kannada. I tell him to shut up and take down the complaint.

He grumbles and asks for details. I give him the above details and he says he has noted them and he will see to it.

I ask for an acknowledgement for the call. He says what acknowledgement? For the complaint, I say.

No acknowledgement, we have taken complaint and we will take care. I insist on a acknowledgement. He again asks me whether I know kannada. I say why do I need to know Kannada, he says I will transfer you to the travel companies representative.

I reply that I dont care who the vendor is, this is IBM cab and I am giving complaint to IBM. IBM needs to deal with their vendor not me. Thats too much for his intelligence and he murmurs something. I threaten him I will escalate this to higher ups in IBM. The moron transfers me to the vendor representative. This scum is another third grade and says I dont understand English.

I disconnect.

I got this email id.

mtp.transport@in.daksh.com

Now are there any IBM employees here who can give me the names of the higher ups - IBM Employess who are incharge of this Transport Department? I know about blue pages, so if someone can hunt this Ashok down and find his manager. I will shoot out mails to every top guy there. I know some of them personally but cant go to them with this query.

I want to put their names on here in bold and show how pathetic and unethical people who call themselves IBM employees actually are.

I am hoping to send out mails to such higher ups that I am sure; if they come to know of this issue some people are going to lose their jobs.

And this anger is not for one incident. I see this cab nonsense everyday and its about time we did something about it.

I know, I will be discouraged by people by saying political lobby and all that. But I want some people to feel the pain. Before I take this as a lost cause.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th April 2010 at 22:34. Reason: Removing generic reference to IBM employees

Old 27th April 2010, 18:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to know about your experience mate. However these fellas who work in the transport dept of most companies are just contract employees who really have no clue of anything and would care a hoot if the public complained on the helpline.

The best you could do is get in touch with the administrative head(who generally will be an employee of the company) and take it from there. Going to the vendor and the contract employees is of no use. You simply would be wasting your time.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:34   #3
BHPian

Totally agree with you buddy.
I have a friend in IBM and I have requested him to find the details of ashok and get the mail ids/contact info of his superior.

But I understand that the whole transport department is outsourced to some cab firm and the person taking in the complaints is not an IBM employee, though he should have been , to ensure the complaints are taken seriously and acted upon.

The better option is to inform the traffic police department with the cab number and they will surely pester the cab driver/company to get their palms greased.But at least that will surely irritate them and a nice way to get even.
My personal thought though its not going to improve the cab menace anyway.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:35   #4
BaldOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The best you could do is get in touch with the administrative head(who generally will be an employee of the company)
Thats exactly what I want to do. Drag the administrative head into this. I am sure whoever he/she is knows the nonsense that is going on. But must have not felt the heat. Since I am in a position to compel some people to act I can see to it that they atleast try to mend their ways.

Once this reaches some of the influential people in IBM, trust me the local political lobby cant do anything. This will reach the government at the central. What I need are the names. I have already started my search through some folks I know. But if anybody in here knows better please do pm me the employee details.

Old 27th April 2010, 19:06   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Also try the regular board numbers of the company - that might get you to IBM employees / managers who may respond better than the 'Ashok' who answered your call. A complain-to number that's posted on the cabs may not be manned by the right person.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:52   #6
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

IBM transport is one of the worst around ! Ive had many close brushes myself with the maniacs who drive these cabs. (Sumo/Indica)

- Absolutely no discipline of the drivers
- Never wear seat belts
- Vehicles in bad condition
- Driving rashly even in the campus
- No awareness of safety rules
- Abusive language & aggressive driving on the roads

I would suggest you take your complaint to the senior execs of IBM India. If no response from the Indian management, escalate it to IBM USA.
Old 27th April 2010, 20:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Not only IBM, but every cab operated by IT / BPO / call center companies (outsourced to fleet vendors) are driven by homicidal+suicidal maniacs (Including my company too! Not gonna name it though). The drivers are overworked and underpaid - and it shows.
Take this up with IBM admin division - its the admin who are in charge of cab fleet outsourcing. Just call their Bangalore office number and ask to be routed to admin.
Old 27th April 2010, 20:52   #8
BHPian

Go to ibm.com and other worldwide sites.
Take all the email ids.
Mail them the incidence.
Also lodge police complaint. I fail to understand why didnt you lodge PC? You have all the details.
Old 27th April 2010, 21:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldOwl View Post
IBM Employees are liars. Shame on such a company for having such bad ethics.

Now are there any IBM employees here who can give me the names of the higher ups - IBM Employess who are incharge of this Transport Department? I know about blue pages, so if someone can hunt this Ashok down and find his manager. I will shoot out mails to every top guy there. I know some of them personally but cant go to them with this query.
You have said IBM employees are liars. You still expect them to help you?
Old 27th April 2010, 21:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
You have said IBM employees are liars. You still expect them to help you?

Btw, if this was a Daksh vehicle, then you'd need to locate IBM Daksh admin guys. It's a completely separate division in IBM.
Old 27th April 2010, 21:45   #11
BHPian

@BaldOwl: It's a pathetic experience you had. It's such a common experience with IT cabs in general. No, I don't mean that hence IBM should follow the folks too. In fact, from what I've read it seems IBM cabbies are competing to occupy the top-slot in that infamous list.
Well,I personally don't have access to any of IBM's contacts that could be of help to you. I've a couple of questions to you, though:
1) Why can't you get help of the contacts whom you say you know?
2) With all the info. that you've you can lodge a PC? Why don't you do that?
Finally, I don't think one should make any sweeping statement "IBM Employees are liars." That's certainly not in a good taste.
Old 27th April 2010, 22:03   #12
Team-BHP Support

Cab drivers are same everywhere in every company and that does not make IBM employees liars. I fail to understand this grudge against IBM employees.
Old 27th April 2010, 22:21   #13
BaldOwl

I will try and answer individually.

@Guna: Going to the police wont hurt IBM or the people responsible for handling the vendors. I want to get at the IBM employees who each day turn a blind eye to this.

And IBM employees will help me and already I have a couple of pms from IBM employees.

Guna are you an IBM employee? I will reason with the sweeping statement I made earlier.

@Shuvc: Yes I am aware of it being a different department.

@rjstyles, Alter Ego, Condor, nirmaljustdoit, Iluvcars, subscrive, blackasta: I am going to see how much reaction I can get from IBM top management on this. I want this menace to be curbed. In a society like ours such people are a misfit and need to be eliminated for the bigger good.

Now why is it a sweeping statement against all IBMers.

The IBM cab running with the symbol of IBM on it and phone numbers pointing to their switchboard is a big social responsibility of that firm.

That cab shows us the ethics and culture of IBM. If I speak to a person who qualifies to be incharge of taking complaints of IBM symbol then he better be the right one.

I dont expect a third grade person to represent the firm when I call them. I want to correct this attitude. Until this is corrected that single person represnts IBM to me. If any employees of the firm want to correct my perception please feel free to stand up against your employer.

If none can do it each IBM employee out there will be equated to the cheap person with whom I interacted.

To tell you the truth even if a handful of employees start complaining the "right way" to the "right authorities" this can be resolved. An outsider like me does not need to do anything.

Who here thinks a run of the mill politician running a few hundred cabs can take to ransom a firm like IBM? One mail from the higher ups to the regulatory bodies sitting in the Central will fix this problem overnight. Yes, even with the kickbacks involved.

As to why I dont use my contacts. Well I want them to get wound of it internally from their own employees and once they see which firm/company the note is coming from I will be contacted.

Old 27th April 2010, 22:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

A simple google search yields following

Quote:
IBM is a 120B$ company with over 450000+ employess globally, ~100000 of them in India.

IBM has been well known through most of its recent history as the world's largest computer company and systems integrator. IBM is second largest (by market capitalisation) and the second most profitable information technology and services employer in the world.

IBM holds more patents than any other U.S. based technology company and has eight research laboratories worldwide.The company has scientists, engineers, consultants, and sales professionals in over 200 countries.

IBM employees have earned five Nobel Prizes, four Turing Awards, nine National Medals of Technology, and five National Medals of Science.
calling such 100000 people pathetic and liars is not fair
i would say plain stupid

it is just like calling a nation like India pathetic and liar when one guy out of a Billion might have acted differently

I see several suggetions to the thread starter. Tomorrow some one may say, "please mail/complain to the CEO of IBM and if he does not respond then president of USA as it is an American company".

people need to excercise restraint while posting such things ona public forum and people who make suggetions also need to think through.

Sensationalizing some thing has become a habit in our country.

EDIT: I am removing my subscription to this thread.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 27th April 2010 at 22:29.
Old 27th April 2010, 23:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

All said and done, it was an unfortunate incident, baldowl.You must try everything possible to get the responsible individuals to do the needful.
Having said that, it doesn't make sense branding all IBM employees as liars. Anyways, lets move on from there guys. Give balowl a break, and see if anyone can help him out with this issue.

Most Viewed