Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 15:17   #1
MX6
Senior - BHPian

5 car pile up and a crushed bike

Terrible looking accident on kalewadi main road close to where the road forks in two (one going to wakad and another to dange chowk).

5 car pile-up (one of them's an SUV) and blood all over the road. There was a bike under the rear wheels of the first car (guess sx4). Don't think the biker survived.

I crossed the accident zone at around 10:30 this morning, feeling bitter about why people drive so reckless resulting in loss of lives.

Did any other Pune member cross that area?

Edit: request Mods to move to appropriate section.

Last edited by MX6 : 28th April 2010 at 15:18.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats sad, real sad. One reckless drive result in many crashes.
Was reading TOI, Mumbai about a 9 car pile up because of a dead snake across the busy Palm beach road at Sanpada. The first car to apply brake was the Santro and it got mangled like anything. Luckily there were no casualities.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

MX, that must be a really horrible looking sight.
My friend suffered a crash there last year, a(n overspeeding) Zen smashed into the car she was being driven in taking the complete RHS passenger door with it.
I think earlier in the year also some bus driver ran over a kid on a bicycle on the same stretch I guess. Sad :(
Old 28th April 2010, 15:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes I too passed that area around the same time but I only saw the stuck bike beneath the SX4 & did not see any other damaged cars or blood.

The SX4 looked fine & people were trying to get the bike out. May be since I was looking at the SX4 I couldnt notice the other cars.

There was quite a big traffic jam due to this.

Btw high speed accidents are becoming very common on that road.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:11   #5
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yes I too passed that area around the same time but I only saw the stuck bike beneath the SX4 & did not see any other damaged cars or blood.

The SX4 looked fine & people were trying to get the bike out. May be since I was looking at the SX4 I couldnt notice the other cars.

There was quite a big traffic jam due to this.

Btw high speed accidents are becoming very common on that road.
What time did you cross that place?

Looking at what you say, there can be two possibilities.
1. I guess it is then not a 5 car pile up at one time. It's like some moron banged in to the sx4 after sometime. You'd have crossed when only the SX4 and the bike was involved. I'd have crossed when 3 other cars rammed in behind one another at the spot later.
2. Else it's like the've removed the 3 cars behind and only the SX4 and bike beneath are there by the time you reached.
Had I stuck around I'd have got info on any casualities. But I did see red fluid on the road from under the third car. In that chaos, one just tries to avoid seeing the scene. So I looked straight and moved ahead.
Let me see what papers say tomorrow.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think I passed around 10:45 -11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6
2. Else it's like the've removed the 3 cars behind and only the SX4 and bike beneath are there by the time you reached.
This looks like a possibility as there was indeed some broken glasses & some liquid on the road behind the SX4.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:53   #7
BHPian

Me too passed from that road around 10.45 AM, at that time all piled up cars were moving back only SX4 and bike was there.

First SX4 was hit by bike from behind, then innova hit bike from behind, then innova was hit by Alto then Alto was hit by Chervolet Aveo and then the last one was 800.

Due to all these serious pushes to bike from behind bike totally gone under SX4. SX4's rear wheels were in the air. There were very less chances of biker's survival. From first analysis it seems that it was bikers fault which caused his death.

Biker while overtaking got into the gap between SX4 and innova and unfortunately Sx4 had to brake suddenly at the same moment which caused biker to ram into his car.
Old 28th April 2010, 17:51   #8
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Me too passed from that road around 10.45 AM, at that time all piled up cars were moving back only SX4 and bike was there.

First SX4 was hit by bike from behind, then innova hit bike from behind, then innova was hit by Alto then Alto was hit by Chervolet Aveo and then the last one was 800.

Due to all these serious pushes to bike from behind bike totally gone under SX4. SX4's rear wheels were in the air. There were very less chances of biker's survival. From first analysis it seems that it was bikers fault which caused his death.

Biker while overtaking got into the gap between SX4 and innova and unfortunately Sx4 had to brake suddenly at the same moment which caused biker to ram into his car.
Oh Boy. You managed to see all the cars. I was so confused at what I looked that except the SX4 and the bike (guess it's a Pulsar), I don't recollect the other car makes or models. Remember seeing a big vehicle. Was a repulsive sight when I reached there.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:15   #9
BHPian

Thats a ghastly accident..

I had recently seen a brand new indigo slide over the road divider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks