Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 09:29   #196
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
All,

Just one question.So many people got mugged by these guys but din't even a single victim note down the 2 wheeler's number?
I think we will have to join drawing classes to write down the numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
In any case this is my last post on this thread. Go hit muggers with your airguns. I will pray for you.
I think anyone should not even think before hitting those guys with anything possible. ANYTHING.

Quote:
If a lady is driving a 4 wheeler alone then I guess she will be a more vulnerable target.

That said I guess the local people will pitch in soon if they see thugs arguing with a lady.
Correct, you know targetting the ladies is the last thing they will do. You are under-estimating Woman power. Don't forget, there are 1000 of guys who will be ready to help a pretty lady

P.S - If I was the mugger, wouldn't mind stopping a pretty girl and be mugged myself
Old 5th June 2010, 11:25   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
I think we will have to join drawing classes to write down the numbers

Quote:
I think anyone should not even think before hitting those guys with anything possible. ANYTHING.
OT, Don't bother convincing him.He is here to prove his expertise with guns and he already mentioned it was his last post in this thread

Anyways for those who are planning to use the pepper spray as a tool and for those who have handed the pepper spray to their wife/girlfriend as a self defending tool then please note the following.These are the effective ways of using it.This has been told to me by close friend in Canada who happens to be in the RCMP.

1. What is important not to do when using pepper spray? Never thrust your shooting hand out in front of you towards the assailant. He or she may react quickly and hit your hand aside or grab it! As you shoot, back up and continue backing up away from the assailant. This gives you a little more time and draws the assailant into the pepper spray.

2. Don’t ever shut your eyes! You may have to correct your aim slightly. You should shoot the spray for 2 to 3 seconds, nether a short squirt nor a long drenching. After shooting your pepper spray, the assailant will normally stop within seconds, blinded and virtually helpless due to uncontrollable coughing spasms. Once the assailant disables, stop spraying. Continue backing and concentrate on getting away!

3. There’s much more to using pepper spray than point and shoot! Remember, don’t raise, point, and shoot the spray until you’re ready to fire. Wait until the assailant is in range and you know the spray will hit him full in the face area and incapacitate him! The objective is to surprise him or her before they can have a chance to react or think.

Hope these points help.I personally haven't even seen the pepper spray cannister yet.
But those planning to use it,all the best.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:31   #198
BANNED

Quote:

Hope these points help.I personally haven't even seen the pepper spray cannister yet.
But those planning to use it,all the best.
Aah.. to many precautions to follow.

I think the best way to do it is, lower you window glass and SPRAYYYYYY like you do baygon Spray to shoo away cockroaches

The scenario is same,difference is the cockroaches are big in size and luckily can't fly..!
Old 5th June 2010, 11:41   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Aah.. to many precautions to follow.

I think the best way to do it is, lower you window glass and SPRAYYYYYY like you do baygon Spray to shoo away cockroaches

The scenario is same,difference is the cockroaches are big in size and luckily can't fly..!
I have another way, when its trouble time, and you have some pulser guy asking you to stop, hit the road hard and reach to the nearest safety point, these sprays are not going to help you if the number of muggers are high(read 2+), don't get out of the car, don't stop the engine and if they try to block you car by 2-wheelers, hit them(when you know they are muggers, and you know that you have not hit any one on the road), by getting hit by a speeding car will make a huge impact in the mugger's mind than getting a punch or spray on the face.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:46   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
if they try to block you car by 2-wheelers, hit them(when you know they are muggers, and you know that you have not hit any one on the road), by getting hit by a speeding car will make a huge impact in the mugger's mind than getting a punch or spray on the face.
Time to get the bull bar installed on my safari and call it the thug bar
Old 5th June 2010, 12:01   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
On a lighter note: will not matter what weapon you show, matters more on the way the weapon holder appears. Most of the IT guys appear too decent to look remotely threatening
This is very true. As a martial artist, I always study the body language of people wherever I am. And IT guys normally give out the meekest of aura. Just couple days back I was watching few guys sitting next to me in Kamath Upachar near Maddur. All were in the late 30s or early 40s age bracket. Their body language was very meek, the way they stood, talked or walked would encourage a robber looking for victims. Their demeanor silently screamed IT. While I have seen lot more aggressive body language from bank employees. Is it because bank employees deal with general public (strangers) all day, while IT guys rarely meet strangers as part of their work. It is a good case study for somebody's PhD.

When a weapon is held with the wrong body language, it doesn't scare a professional mugger. Meanwhile, the right body language even without a weapon can make the mugger think twice. Developing this body language would mean learning self defense or martial arts. It takes years to develop, unless it is of core interest to you, this is not the right path.

Instead focus on getting to safety, drawing attention, avoiding the unsafe areas, etc.
Old 5th June 2010, 12:15   #202
Team-BHP Support

If you need to hit a blocked bike. Remember your front end is vulnerable so use the edge of the car.

Do not hit at high speed. Slow down to walking pace. Else if bike is about a metre or less, accelerate and aim. It should push the bike away with minimal damage to you. Your objective is to push the object out of the way, not hit it
Old 5th June 2010, 12:23   #203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I have another way, when its trouble time, and you have some pulser guy asking you to stop, hit the road hard and reach to the nearest safety point, these sprays are not going to help you if the number of muggers are high(read 2+), don't get out of the car, don't stop the engine and if they try to block you car by 2-wheelers, hit them(when you know they are muggers, and you know that you have not hit any one on the road), by getting hit by a speeding car will make a huge impact in the mugger's mind than getting a punch or spray on the face.
Basically any way you choose, involves money

You got to lose some amount of money once you meet them. Am going through that way to meet a friend of mine, hope I do not return bankrupt

Uploading some Bob Dylon songs on my pen drive for the dangerous travel. God, what's happening to Bangalore..

Incase I meet them, will ask guys to attend Asaraamji's pravachan to leave the wrong path and start serving people for a good cause

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 5th June 2010 at 12:24.
Old 5th June 2010, 12:27   #204

Guys,

I'm also one of the victims...was robbed of my gold chain and jewellary last week near Bellandur junction. Filed FIR with HSR layout police station but not sure if they have been to get hold of the culprits.

Key learning of the episode => Never ever stop your car. Run over them but don't stop.

Police must be doing there job but as a citizen we need to coooperate as well. I usually leave for office around 1.00 PM and keep a close eye on all the "black pulsars" and any car that seems to be in trouble. We have to help each other out and thats the way to handle this problem.

I have stored numbers of 5-6 officers of HSR Layout police station and they have promised a quick action in case we call them.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:24   #205
BHPian

Guys its high time we form sub groups, with atleast 2/3 cars going togather, to the common destinations, I will start a thread and put the link here interested members please join in, hit a mugger, punching and spraying should be the last options, but to avoid such incidents grouping is the best possible way.

here is the link guys http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post1922331

Last edited by asdon : 5th June 2010 at 13:35.
Old 5th June 2010, 14:44   #206
BHPian

@prabhatmilan

I'm also one of the victims...

That's bad. Care to care how it happened? Maybe we could learn something on how to be more careful. What about the case filed? Any updates from the cops?

Last edited by djjebs : 5th June 2010 at 14:45. Reason: Formatting
Old 5th June 2010, 15:20   #207

@djjebs

Same story dude...black pulsar>honking>accident drama>brother or don>2 lakhs compensation for accident etc. etc. It happend opposite to Ecospace on ORR.

Have you filed FIR? If not, please do so immediately. You can meet Inspector Rajesh or SI Mirza at HSR police station. Both of them are very cooperative. There will be pressure on them only if we file FIR's. There have been many instances but only 3 FIR's have been filed till date...this indicates how indifferent we are towards reporting these incidents.
Old 5th June 2010, 16:45   #208
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a war zone out there!! What with moving in convoys and all. But its a good idea to do that, given the brazenness of these goons.
By the way, this thread has totally taken attention away from the ranting thread.
Old 5th June 2010, 17:58   #209
Senior - BHPian

As I sit in home thinking of ways to spend my weekend here is what I feel:
1. Movies? In Bangalore? Have you prepared for it by booking it online? Otherwise you are taking your car out to just practice some bumper to bumper traffic.

2. Where else I can go? There is no hussainsagar lake to spend time at. All I can do is to go to a mall an listen to some loud music.

And now the added incentive of getting robbed on the roads. Personally I feel that I should take a long hockey stick out and hit s**** out these muggers. I am tired of being an emasculated IT guy sitting behind the wheels. Whats the point of try to be safe when you will be extending a life which is worse than that of a mouse. Damn sitting behind wheels somehow does not make me feel like one. I scratch auto, I pray to god to keep me safe. If auto hits me I pray to god to keep me safe. If some pedestrian dances into my way I pray to god that mob does not lynch me. And otherwise I keep glancing front left right back to see who are around me so that my car does not get scratched.

Bike any day for me.

Ok I am going OT.

@Mods delete post if inappropriate.

Bangalore. Sigh.
Old 5th June 2010, 18:10   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
As I sit in home thinking of ways to spend my weekend here is what I feel:
1. Movies? In Bangalore? Have you prepared for it by booking it online? Otherwise you are taking your car out to just practice some bumper to bumper traffic.

2. Where else I can go? There is no hussainsagar lake to spend time at. All I can do is to go to a mall an listen to some loud music.

And now the added incentive of getting robbed on the roads. Personally I feel that I should take a long hockey stick out and hit s**** out these muggers. I am tired of being an emasculated IT guy sitting behind the wheels. Whats the point of try to be safe when you will be extending a life which is worse than that of a mouse. Damn sitting behind wheels somehow does not make me feel like one. I scratch auto, I pray to god to keep me safe. If auto hits me I pray to god to keep me safe. If some pedestrian dances into my way I pray to god that mob does not lynch me. And otherwise I keep glancing front left right back to see who are around me so that my car does not get scratched.

Bike any day for me.

Ok I am going OT.

@Mods delete post if inappropriate.

Bangalore. Sigh.
Come to Mumbai! You can add one more fun activity to that list- getting blown up by terrorists! Happens every few months here!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks