Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 14:43   #361
Senior - BHPian

^Tricks are good but they should not be using public roads for it.
if you see that happening on regular basis, click pictures when they perform, and if they try to come on your way, run-over.
Old 1st July 2010, 15:24   #362
BHPian

Lets meet at CCD near Agara Jn, as Alter mentioned, there will be ample parking available. And as this one is not a regular chit chat or evening snacks meet, we should not divert from the main issue, I mentioned this as its very natural to discuss almost all subjects talked on and out of Team-BHP when BHPIans meet, other than the core issue. I was lucky enough to drive away, but not always it will be the same case. I really doubt how many in Bangalore itself know about this mugging incidents. When I spoke in my office, hardly 10% of my friends were aware of this. So anyone who is not known to these incidents will stop there car and call for trouble. One request to all, tell all your friend circle about these and spread awareness.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:19   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Went to HSR Layout Police station, spoke with Inspector Rajesh.

If they would have picked my call last night I would have engaged the muggers in some way, but that didn't happen.

Did you mention to the inspector that you were not able to reach any of these numbers when needed most?
I have these number saved in my mobile with full hopes. But now

BTW, is the meet confirmed at Agara CCD on Saturday 16:30? I am game for this meet.
I drive from ECity through Haralur road, Bellandur road every evening.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:51   #364
Senior - BHPian

My colleagues experience on Sarjapura Road

There was one email doing rounds recently about incidents on outer ring road and sarjapur road in our company. Today one of our colleague experienced it very closely. He was coming from sarjapur junction to our campus on Outer ring road.There was a car in the same lane the Sarjapur junction to new passport office stretch. Two guys suddenly appeared from no where and they tried to stop the car. Car had a non-karnatka registration number. One of the offender was very fat and very aggressive and other offender was a short guy with french cut and well dressed. They stopped the car saying that car had hit them on the feet So he tried to call the police. As often they do no one picked the call. Those two guys were on Passion bike (blue colour). The registration number was in kannada. I hope these hints may help for regular travellers.
Old 1st July 2010, 17:32   #365
BHPian

I'm in too. Let's meet and discuss our next steps on Saturday. I just hope no one gets mugged on the way to this meet . I don't dare bring my car on this road since i started reading this thread.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:03   #366
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the epidemic seems to be spreading to Pune as well, have a look:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ing-alone.html
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:10   #367
BHPian

What I was thinking of doing a mass deputation to CP's office with all BHPians in Bangalore, and involve media too into this, otherwise if you indulge in rough conversations with muggers(if you can) these guys might act smart and call local residents for their help for a hit and run case and then the scene will not be so good.Police should take initiative to aware shop-owners along the targeted road side about these incedents so that in case of help the poor driver can call for help.
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:40   #368
BHPian

All set guys, lets meet tomorrow at CCD near Agara bus stop, near HSR BDA Junction at 4:30pm.
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:27   #369
Senior - BHPian

@Gansan Sir, looks like Chennai is also being infected by this, but yet to read it hear from any TBHPian. I was casually talking about this incident to my Mother this evening & my Mother was saying that she's has been reading such incidents in the newspapers for sometime now.
Old 3rd July 2010, 20:06   #370
BHPian

So did this meet take place today? I got a bit delayed at Total Mall on Sarjapur Road and could reach CCD only by around 5 PM. There was no one around by that time. Could someone PM me what has been decided ?
Old 3rd July 2010, 20:41   #371
BHPian

Hey Newpunter,

We met and were there till 6:15pm. You should have walked into CCD.
Myself, Asdon, Ketan and Alter_ego were the attendees. Donno how did you miss us.

Anyways, I will PM you with more details.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 3rd July 2010 at 20:43.
Old 3rd July 2010, 21:35   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
So did this meet take place today? I got a bit delayed at Total Mall on Sarjapur Road and could reach CCD only by around 5 PM. There was no one around by that time.
Thats strange
As I went in pretty late by around 5:30 and found Avijit,Ketan and cherian already in deep discussion as to how to tackle this menace.We were there almost till 6:30pm
Old 3rd July 2010, 22:21   #373
Senior - BHPian

yes, it was good to see you guys around and I hope the discussion would lead us some direction moving furthere.
I sent an SMS to all three of you, we shall wait for Avijit (or anyone) to start an email thread for sharing further information. We will continue to add people on that email thread moving further.
Old 4th July 2010, 02:45   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
When I spoke in my office, hardly 10% of my friends were aware of this. So anyone who is not known to these incidents will stop there car and call for trouble. One request to all, tell all your friend circle about these and spread awareness.
Surprising, as TOI carried a full page article on the mugging a few weeks back. Time to start reading the headlines...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Thats strange
As I went in pretty late by around 5:30 and found Avijit,Ketan and cherian already in deep discussion as to how to tackle this menace.We were there almost till 6:30pm
For the benefit of those who couldn't attend the meet ,guys whats the outcome of the meeting?
Old 4th July 2010, 09:48   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
So did this meet take place today? I got a bit delayed at Total Mall on Sarjapur Road and could reach CCD only by around 5 PM. There was no one around by that time. Could someone PM me what has been decided ?
I was there from 4:40pm, looking for others specially New Punter's Punto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks