Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 09:49   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Thats strange
As I went in pretty late by around 5:30 and found Avijit,Ketan and cherian already in deep discussion as to how to tackle this menace.We were there almost till 6:30pm
Ok seems like i went to the wrong CCD or what?

I came from Marathahalli and took a left turn near Agara ( where all vehicles are supposed to take a turn near the flyover ) and then headed straight till there was some CPW complex and then there was this CCD opposite to it. Is this the one? Coz i went inside and found only 4 girls and no one else. This was on the first floor by the way.
Old 4th July 2010, 09:53   #377
BHPian

Ok the minutes of the meeting is -

members who are interested in doing something for this please say yes, then we will PM you our mail ids and phone numbers and we will discuss the plan of action outside this forum.
Interesdted members as of now
CH Nathan
Ketan

others please join in by this week(ending 11th July) and we will let you know the next steps

Thanks,

Avijit
Old 4th July 2010, 10:13   #378
BHPian

Yes . I'll PM my mail id and phone number too.
Old 4th July 2010, 12:43   #379
BHPian

Did you guys hear about the eggs being thrown at the windsheild?

The first thing the driver would do is wash wipe the screen with the wipers. Once this is done visibility would be almost zero as the water and egg forms a colloidal solution. The driver need to stop his car and that is where he gets mugged.
Old 4th July 2010, 16:10   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
Once this is done visibility would be almost zero as the water and egg forms a colloidal solution. The driver need to stop his car and that is where he gets mugged.
Maybe we should operate the wipers without the water spraying ? I hope this would clear up the mess.
Old 4th July 2010, 20:36   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Ok seems like i went to the wrong CCD or what?

I came from Marathahalli and took a left turn near Agara ( where all vehicles are supposed to take a turn near the flyover ) and then headed straight till there was some CPW complex and then there was this CCD opposite to it. Is this the one? Coz i went inside and found only 4 girls and no one else. This was on the first floor by the way.
Yes you went to the wrong CCD.No worries.
Avijit will share the contact details so that next time you can give anyone of us a call so that you can catch up.
Old 4th July 2010, 21:07   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
shuvadips : Did you guys hear about the eggs being thrown at the windsheild?
This specific topic is being discussed here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...s-egg-you.html
Old 5th July 2010, 09:52   #383
Senior - BHPian

Heh. Anyone who can afford to buy eggs is probably already doin pretty well for himself.
Anyway, please pm me the details as well.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:59   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Yes you went to the wrong CCD.No worries.
Avijit will share the contact details so that next time you can give anyone of us a call so that you can catch up.
I should have guessed i was at the wrong CCD when i climbed the stairs and found a couple kissing there. Felt bad for disturbing them .
Old 5th July 2010, 11:11   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I should have guessed i was at the wrong CCD when i climbed the stairs and found a couple kissing there. Felt bad for disturbing them .
hahahha, for a change you became a suspected mugger for them
Old 5th July 2010, 12:21   #386
BANNED

The city is becoming more and more unlawful as the years go by and the Govt is sleeping or busy widening roads to make some easy money.
I was also forwarded a mail about the muggings on sarjapur road but am yet to see one. But when driving I would definitely not hesitate from speeding past anybody who blocks the way and is seen as threatening, if he gets injured in the process it's his bad luck.
Old 5th July 2010, 16:51   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Heh. Anyone who can afford to buy eggs is probably already doin pretty well for himself.
Why didn't they do that in summers, we could have had omlette distributed to the children on the streets.

T-BHPians, if you are trying something, please inform the cops as well lest things can turn against your favour once a stack of cash gets involved.
Old 7th July 2010, 04:21   #388

Another incident..

Hi folks,

After the successful bike gang mugging operations, the business model has now been extended or rather modified to fit in with Auto rick domain.

Of course, Bangalore police is still sitting on their arses and sending out mailers about their 'helpful/emergency' numbers and best practices to save self from these situations. Shameless.

Got this forward recently. Be aware.
### ### ### ### ###

DO NOT GET INTO AN AUTO IF YOU CANNOT READ THE LICENSE PLATE (whether its kannada or tamil or hindi or English or anything if you cant read it don’t take that auto)

DO NOT GET INTO AN AUTO WITHOUT A AUTO LICENSE DISPLAYED
If you find that the auto doesn’t have the driver license displayed then GET OUT OF THE AUTO.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY
DO NOT STRUGGLE YOUR LIFE IS WORTH MORE than anything else
AT THE FIRST SIGN THAT THE AUTO FELLOW is taking a wrong turn even if its just to earn a quick buck do not take any risk and get out of the auto.

And please please please if you see someone in trouble the least you can do is threaten the muggers that you are going to call the police from afar. They guys would have let me go if they knew other people cared.

I got mugged by 5 people today.

Modus operandi:
You get into auto,
Auto takes one sudden move into a gully, you protest
Before you know it 3 people waiting in the gully in front of you
2 people get into the auto and bash you up
When you struggle 2 people get in from the front one with knife and points at your gut and threaten to kill you.
Then take your money and run away. While you lay on the ground.

I was returning from my physiotherapy session at Recoup clinic in Jayanagar 4th t block. I flagged down an auto and he agreed and I got in.
After going for about a km the auto fellow said he would take me under the jaydeva flyover while I asked him not to and he still took an turn into a gully while I was still arguing with him. After the turn into the gully I saw 3 guys waiting in a bike and 2 guys jumped into the auto and started bashing me up while the auto kept driving. I yelled out for help and the cowards outside ignored me and walked away. Then as I continued to struggle the auto stopped and 2 guys got in the auto from the front and showing me a knife and told me if I didn’t stop they would kill me.

I remembered Poorna’s words about such matters, that my life was worth more and I’d rather live to fight another day, started to plead with them. I told them I will give them everything and I gave them my wallet, as I was taking my wallet out I told them that they can take everything I only want my papers and nothing else they seemed to be ok with that and didn’t take my ID.

Then they asked for my cell and I told them I only want my sim card one of them punched me then but the one with the knife told him that I could have it since they were anyway going to throw it away. After they took that they threw me out of the rickshaw and kicked me a couple of times before getting away.

I couldn’t note down the number because I was on the ground.

Thru out the event there were at least 5 or 6 people who were on the road seeing me struggle in the rickshaw and didn’t say a word let alone do anything else.

In hindsight I am lucky I didn’t have anything else on me and also lucky that they didn’t decide to slash me with that knife.

And they were lucky that I am currently struggling with my neck otherwise things would have been different J

### ### ### ### ###

High time to start looking out for each other and kick these rogue in their F* face since the (majority of) civic administration has proven itself to be mere whore of the groups feeding upon a common (wo)man.

/Peace
iVictor
Old 7th July 2010, 10:36   #389
BHPian

That is very scary. This seems to be worse than the Pulsar muggings. Seems like this city is not longer the safe place that it was. Wonder when the administration and the cops wake up :(.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:49   #390
Senior - BHPian

The auto MO pre-dates the bikers MO.

Most Viewed