Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 16:24   #436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
So someone kindly clear the air. Both national and state regulations.
Central government's Motor Vehicles Act and Rules.

Registration, how to be made
Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported-three.jpg

Form and manner of display of registration marks on the motor vehicles
Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported-one.jpg
Old 19th July 2010, 18:35   #437
BHPian

Looks like the gang is back to action again, I got an email that someone of Sonus software to be the victim on 18th July (Sunday) noon opposite to Springfields apts. If the report is true, this is really getting scary now.
Old 19th July 2010, 18:44   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Looks like the gang is back to action again, I got an email that someone of Sonus software to be the victim on 18th July (Sunday) noon opposite to Springfields apts. If the report is true, this is really getting scary now.
Again was the vehicle with out of state registration?
Old 19th July 2010, 19:01   #439
Senior - BHPian

It seems like not all people in the city or rather the country are aware of such activities. Once aired or on radio people will take notice, take precautionary measures or even help a victim. I guess there was something in the papers right ?
Old 19th July 2010, 19:38   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I guess there was something in the papers right ?
Yes Pervez, a few days before an article in Bangalore Mirror did carry out a report on this with their Modus operandi, their location and the names of a few victims with information on the phone numbers to reach out for in an event like this.

Things will only work if most of the motorists become aware of this since the Police knowingly is not doing anything. This isn't a one time event that the Police can be clueless and it is a well informed and well planned Gang that attacks on a "regular basis on regular time on regular stretches of the city". Am sure the concerned authorities are:

1. Sleeping
2. Hand in glove with these chaps
(A combination of 1 and 2 is also quite possible looking at the way these incidents are getting reported now).

After all, how many times will that "don" be a victim of a hit and run and how many chelas/well-wishers of his keep asking for money? I think the Don is surely suffering from a long term incurable disease and is raising funds for getting well soon!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th July 2010 at 19:41.
Old 19th July 2010, 19:43   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
1. Sleeping
(A combination of 1 and 2 is also quite possible looking at the way these are getting reported now)
You mean the authorities are sleeping with these hand in glove chaps?
On a serious note, I do find it strange that the criminals just disappeared and the police couldnt even catch a single one. This inspite of so many eye witnesses. Reallly Sad.
Old 19th July 2010, 19:55   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
1. Sleeping
(A combination of 1 and 2 is also quite possible looking at the way these incidents are getting reported now).
I think I would go for the second option. I know Police very well. If they are determined or get pressured from above, I am damn sure they will catch the culprits within a day. As they have their sources of information. Pressure from above means getting noticed for promotions and money manking from a one up level if they solve the crime or detemined if someone from their circle is affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
On a serious note, I do find it strange that the criminals just disappeared and the police couldnt even catch a single one. This inspite of so many eye witnesses. Reallly Sad.
From so many incidents it is quite evident that Police are not interested in solving this racket.
Old 19th July 2010, 19:59   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
You mean the authorities are sleeping with these hand in glove chaps?
What else should be the reason for these countless incidents?

The muggers are not naxalites sporting Guns and grenades and nor they are newbies trying this for the first time with no prior crime recorded against them. Each Police station does have a list of habitual offender(s) and they usually crack such cases. If the traffic Police helps in stopping and checking all those bikes with such registration plates (after all, how many we have??), at least there are chances that they can be pinned down.

If you remember, a few years before there was Naka-bandi at 8Pm and later on Ring road just to counter the chain snatching menace and frequent roadside robberies and I guess the case was cracked.

If Police is waiting to file and FIR, am sure they can at least act over a media report that has victims speaking about them almost getting mugged. (Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the Police will not file and FIR if the Victim was not mugged)
Old 19th July 2010, 20:13   #444

If police (for what they're worth here) is refusing to file FIR, what's stopping the victim to do any of these:

1. register the complaint as Attempt to murder and mugging
2. submit an RTI application asking why FIR is not filed and/or why is administration not able to catch the muggers even after 2-3 months?

comments / feedback welcome.

+iVictor
Old 20th July 2010, 12:30   #445
BHPian

Thought of sharing this email from one of the persons who narrowly escaped his entry into the Pulsar Gang's victim list.

Quote:
Folks,

I wanted to thank all those who have described in detail the modus-operandi of this ‘Pulsar’ gang – I too had a narrow escape on Saturday, July 10th. Having read it so many times over, I was prepared and had the presence of mind to escape from them. Here’s my incident:

It happened around 12.30pm opposite Total Mall on Sarjapur Road. It was quite crowded (techies doing weekly grocery shopping). I too was driving on the left, looking for parking just ahead of HDFC Bank where a row of shops begins. I was alone in my car with the windows rolled down.

As I was driving slowly looking for a parking spot, a tall guy in a white shirt and having dark complexion was trying to cross the road. He waited for me to pass and I was pretty sure I had a huge margin from him. But as I had almost passed him, he hit his hand on the body of the car (this is what I deduce from the sound) - my rear view mirror had not touched him, so I was sure the rest of the car also would not – including the wheels.

I looked in the rear view mirror, he was just standing there doing nothing, so I didn’t do anything, I continued to drive slowly. A few meters ahead I stopped and waited for another person to take his car out, so that I could park there. As I was waiting, a bike pulled up next to me, with a fat and dark guy wearing a helmet and telling me in hindi, “Dekh ke nahi chalata kya? Side me roko”. The guy who had hit his hand on my car was riding pillion.

I didn’t saying anything, I just nodded – I was sure at this point that this was a trap. Then he went ahead of me to stop his bike on the left side and I noticed the kannada registration number – now I was more than sure. I was really shocked at the boldness of these guys, to do something like this in a crowded market!

I started to drive ahead slowly and at the same time started dialing the police from my phone. There were a few cars around me, but not a jam, so I rolled up the windows and sped as fast as I could, changing lanes, avoiding an auto.
As I drove past Divyashree Elan, I noticed they were following me. I didn’t care to slow down too much at the speed breaker (thankfully a small one).
After that I drove really fast as they were very close to me - honking and showing the headlights.
I stay in Purva and without giving indicator or slowing down too much, I braked hard and turned into apartment gate.

The bike did not even slow down, knowing that there were a bunch of guards at the gate – they just continued ahead towards Sarjapur. All along I was already talking to the folks at HSR police station telling them where I was and where the bike was headed.

I was also thankful that I didn’t live anywhere ahead of Purva, if I had to go over one more speed breaker, they would have easily caught up with me – and the road gets even more deserted from that point on!

After parking, I spoke to SI Mirza (9972833003) in detail and described the two men and the incident. He asked me if I saw the registration number, but not knowing kannada, I could not help him on that. Even if I could read, I doubt that it would have registered in my head at the time. Getting out of there without hitting another person or vehicle was the only thing I could focus on.

Within 10 minutes, a police car and 3 bikes were headed towards Sarjapur. I don’t think they caught them, but the attempt was there.

I did call SI Mirza back later since I was concerned that these guys have seen my face, my car and my house. They might surely try to attack me again. He asked me to keep his cell number in speed dial and call him anytime.

For now, I am not using the car to commute to office (forced going green ) and also removed the prominent ‘L’ board that my wife needed. I doubt she’s driving around anytime soon!

Looks like Total Mall and the HDFC ATM opposite to it are one of their many target locations. Please be very careful and alert all the time!

Good Luck.

The complete list of helpline numbers are given below.
Pls store the numbers in your hand phones for any emergency help if similar situation arises.

Inspector Rajesh - 9448448833
Sub-Inspector Mirza Ali Raza - 9972833003
Ashok (Towards Marathalli) - 9902660986 (on Cheetah)
Vijayamurthy (Towards Iblur)- 9980834703 (on Cheetah)
Manjunath - 9845668681 (Crime Squad)
Ravindranath - 9980399551 (Crime Squad)
HSR layout police station:- 080-22943467 (ask for Inspector Rajesh)
Old 20th July 2010, 13:13   #446
Senior - BHPian

Avijit and team,
If you guys are free, will meet again on Saturday and can discuss about the mock on Sunday+Monday. Its kind a trap, but for cops, it's going to be a real incident.
Let others know the details over SMS/Email that you have already collected.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:15   #447
BHPian

Terrifying! i am not sure how I would have reacted to such a situtation. Guys from Chennai, do we have any such incidents reports in and around-chennai suburbs?
Old 20th July 2010, 13:23   #448
Senior - BHPian

I wish any of the victims used their mobile cameras to capture the snaps of these guys or their bike with registration number. this would have made life much easier for police and others.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:33   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I wish any of the victims used their mobile cameras to capture the snaps of these guys or their bike with registration number. this would have made life much easier for police and others.
Chances of them using fake number plates written in Kannada is also a possibility. Somebody should get their faces in camera which again needs enough guts and presence of mind.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:54   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Avijit and team,
If you guys are free, will meet again on Saturday and can discuss about the mock on Sunday+Monday. Its kind a trap, but for cops, it's going to be a real incident.
Let others know the details over SMS/Email that you have already collected.
I'm game for this. And this time, I'll try to find the exact location of the meet beforehand, instead of ending up at the wrong place .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks