Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 16:57   #466
Senior - BHPian

Biker caught

Last week Inspector Rajesh and his team revealed at Trinity Acres Police meeting that the person[s] indulging in mugging have been nabbed. He showed us pics of Akram Imitiaz [ if I remember the name right apologies If im wrong] and the bike was seized , this was the guy who rode the bike the pillion rider is still absconding as of last week.

Insp.Rajesh also came up with some startling figures as to how due to the rapid spreading of the news through our mailing groups emails and blogs and ORRCA proactive information sharing and the press 12 or 13 cases were prevented as per the figures he has as people got aware. Apparently this resulted in the gang moving south toward e city where they were picked up by the Police as without being able to mug these guys got a little frantic targeting more openly I suppose..

Rajesh said post his arrest the guy sang like a Canary and admitted to his " Karnames"... obviously after some nice treatment at the police hands .
Old 11th August 2010, 17:04   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Last week Inspector Rajesh and his team revealed at Trinity Acres Police meeting that the person[s] indulging in mugging have been nabbed. ...... .
Wow! that's seriously one hell of a good news!

Finally their deeds caught up with these clowns..

A couple of my colleagues had been victimized by this(?) gang, though fortunately, neither lost any money as they were close to our office and therefore, immediately sped to the secured area and thse jokers gave up the chase.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:05   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Rajesh said post his arrest the guy sang like a Canary and admitted to his " Karnames"... obviously after some nice treatment at the police hands .
This is really good news. For sure these guys will get caught as it is a matter of time.

But I don't think we should lower our guard while driving,since the modus operandi could be copied by other copy cats. And definitely spreading of this news would have made people extra careful when driving in ORR or deserted stretches.

Nainar
Old 11th August 2010, 17:16   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Last week Inspector Rajesh and his team revealed at Trinity Acres Police meeting that the person[s] indulging in mugging have been nabbed.
What is this meeting about? Who all can attend this?

Quote:
He showed us pics of Akram Imitiaz
Any chance of posting the PICs? I don't remember reading this in any newspaper!!

Quote:
I am sure there will be hell a lot of volunteers to contribute to the "nice treatment", if given a chance.

Anyways, thanks for the great news dadu sir!! This has come at a time when all of us have lost hopes on the Police.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:24   #470
Senior - BHPian

Dadu, thats great news. My only question is, has this guy been identified by any of the victims? We all know how easy it is for the police to come up with scapegoats whenever there is pressure.
We have all heard the joke about the elephant admitting to be the man eating tiger after spending a few hours with the policemen
I hope this is not the case here and the real culprits have indeed been caught

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th August 2010 at 17:26.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:30   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Dadu, thats great news. My only question is, has this guy been identified by any of the victims? We all know how easy it is for the police to come up with scapegoats whenever there is pressure.
We have all heard the joke about the elephant admitting to be the man eating tiger after spending a few hours with the policemen
I hope this is not the case here and the real culprits have indeed been caught
I do not have any answers to any questions related to this as I got the information from the mailing group. It would be good if someone who had already complained to Insp. Rajesh, goes and checks with him the details and posts it here.

But I agree with you all, we should still be careful and always on guard.

Last edited by dadu : 11th August 2010 at 17:31.
Old 11th August 2010, 18:08   #472
Senior - BHPian

I hope we have seen the last of this mugging crap from here on. With the culprits behind bars the city and its people can breathe easy.
Old 12th August 2010, 06:15   #473
BHPian

I received a similar mail but I don't think there was only 1 man or 1 group mugging people on roads.

There are many more, and yet to be arrested. So people beware..!!
Old 12th August 2010, 13:06   #474
BHPian

This is great news. I hope this discourages other copy cat gangs too.
Old 15th August 2010, 17:31   #475
Team-BHP Support

I was telling my head of secuirty about this. He found it quite odd that no announcement has come out as yet
Old 15th August 2010, 18:07   #476
BHPian

It is a good step forward for sure but I don't think its a job of a single gang, hope some more get behind the bars soon.
Old 17th August 2010, 08:00   #477
BHPian

not over yet..

seems its showing its ugly face again. Though the modus operandi was different, there was an attempt on Sunday. LInk to the full report in Bangalore Mirror
Motorcycle gang strikes in Belandur again - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror
Old 17th August 2010, 08:51   #478
Senior - BHPian

It could have gone worse for that guy, good he could managed to escape. I dont know what to say! but I feel we should do something about this.
Old 17th August 2010, 09:36   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
seems its showing its ugly face again. Though the modus operandi was different, there was an attempt on Sunday. LInk to the full report in Bangalore Mirror
Motorcycle gang strikes in Belandur again - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror
And this happens on the Independence day?

What a way to remember Gandhi's quote: "freedom for a woman to walk alone on the streets at night"
Old 17th August 2010, 10:13   #480
BHPian

Now this is what I call a brave man. Am sure most of us would have happily handed over the wallet, watch and even their clothes.

Good job Priyank. If we have more like you, these muggers will think before attacking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks