Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2012, 22:58   #1081
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported

Off-Topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
...The car cam I use records video. Captures audio. Has a GPS, so it geo-tags the video. When you play it in your computer, you see the Google Map of the place you are driving through. You get altitude & geo-coordinates. It computes speed. It also tracks trajectory....
Do you have a product link / name for your cam ? I am sure a lot of us would benefit from the details.
Old 19th August 2012, 23:12   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Off-Topic:

Do you have a product link / name for your cam ? I am sure a lot of us would benefit from the details.
Car Cameras | Dash Cams | Car Camera | Vehicle Cameras
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 00:50   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
Those idiots didn't knew who they are gonna deal with, with fury I got down my car with a HOCKEY Stick

I am a black belt in martial arts

Man, you are one dangerous T-BHPian! Then again, if that's what it takes to be safe in this city, guess we don't have much choice. You've got to take the fight to these goons who try to disrupt an otherwise peaceful city.
Old 21st August 2012, 11:32   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
In a thread where most of the posters have sadly been at the receiving end, your post comes as a breath of fresh air am glad you did what you did & more importantly you had the right training. I wish more of us get trained & take the muggers to task then maybe we can rename this thread to I beat up muggers
Trust me Raihan. If you are afraid of consequences, you will always be at receiving end. You will always remain scared of UNKNOWN.

You fight/retaliate be it through any means/methods, at least give your effort to help this society change. These goons will grow bigger in numbers and with their confidence to loot you of your HARD EARNED money with ease, if not retaliated.

If many such victims confront such goons, they will feel the heat nothing can be taken granted for.

I fight for my hard-earned money. I will not go down without a fight. Even if I am outnumbered or lose, I will have a satisfaction I did fight for my right.

Anyone for that matter, if once confronted will think twice to perform the act again.

I ask all my fellow mates in this forum/in Bangalore, fight for what is duly yours. Don't just hand-off your well earned money, just because you have fat paycheck or huge bank balances. These bike borne morons are already at danger end being on a 2 wheeler, a flick of your car bumper will toss these morons off and they are broken then and there. These guys are just humans and not notorious as I have seen in cases.
kicksperliter is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 19:22   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
If you are afraid of consequences, you will always be at receiving end. You will always remain scared of UNKNOWN.

You fight/retaliate be it through any means/methods, at least give your effort to help this society change. These goons will grow bigger in numbers and with their confidence to loot you of your HARD EARNED money with ease, if not retaliated.
Very wise works indeed kicksperliter. Let us all pledge to help fellow bhpians/motorists in distress, remember it's only because of public apathy that these goons thrive today. It's only by coming together & fighting back we can take on these goons & like kicksperliter has said they are afraid too.

edit:
kicksperliter- sir your thanks meter is running faster than B'lore auto wallah's meter lol

Last edited by raihan : 21st August 2012 at 19:28.
raihan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 00:02   #1086
Distinguished - BHPian

I was stopped by 3 cops today(around 11:00 PM) near Meenakshi Mall(Bannerghatta Road). They noted by car number, my name, my office location and my residence location in a note book. I didn't commit any traffic violation and hence I asked them why? they said commissioner has asked to check the cars. They preferred to speak in kannada and hence I couldn't continue the discussion.

Anyone faced this check-up today or before? If so, any idea about the reason?
Old 23rd August 2012, 08:43   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I was stopped by 3 cops today(around 11:00 PM) near Meenakshi Mall(Bannerghatta Road). They noted by car number, my name, my office location and my residence location in a note book. I didn't commit any traffic violation and hence I asked them why? they said commissioner has asked to check the cars. They preferred to speak in kannada and hence I couldn't continue the discussion.

Anyone faced this check-up today or before? If so, any idea about the reason?
Nothing to worry. They have to show a list.
Tempelhof is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 10:54   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Four carjackers-cum-serial muggers nabbed
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/15609791.cms
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:26   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Four carjackers-cum-serial muggers nabbed
Four carjackers-cum-serial muggers nabbed - The Times of India

So these muggers are killers too. Scares me now. People going out at night, please dont go alone or with a lady.

Last edited by Googleman : 23rd August 2012 at 15:28.
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:35   #1090
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I was stopped by 3 cops today (around 11:00 PM) near Meenakshi Mall(Bannerghatta Road). Anyone faced this check-up today or before? If so, any idea about the reason?
I was stopped last night at 11:15 PM outside the Jalahalli East Air force Station. This is my usual route home and I was surprised to see a barricade put up on the road. The cop asked me (in Kannada) where I was coming from and where I was headed and then let me pass. I glimpsed upon this newspaper in the morning about the carjackers.
Old 24th August 2012, 09:19   #1091
BHPian

Saw this in the newspaper today.

The Hindu : Today's Paper News : Bangalore students molested, assaulted in Kanakapura

Forget Mugging in the night, this happened in full public view, in broad daylight. We are simply descending into barbaric nation. I fear for the future here :-( .

Last edited by KRRaj : 24th August 2012 at 09:25.
KRRaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 09:27   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I was stopped last night at 11:15 PM outside the Jalahalli East Air force Station. This is my usual route home and I was surprised to see a barricade put up on the road. The cop asked me (in Kannada) where I was coming from and where I was headed and then let me pass. I glimpsed upon this newspaper in the morning about the carjackers.
Looks to be a normal checkup only. Here is the response from BTP, facebook
"Dear Arun, that is regular check, L&O police does in the night."

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th August 2012 at 10:20. Reason: removed tags
Old 24th August 2012, 19:54   #1093
BHPian

my dad was stopped just before the nelamangala toll by a group of people who showed up from nowhere in a qualis and alto and forced my dads car to the side by blocking him and 8-10 people got out and started demanding money saying that he had run into their car,he did not want to argue or verify the damage as it was late evening and there were just two people in the car,so he paid them 2k and left from there.i regularly travel on that road but never faced this,the reason i feel my dads car was targeted was because he was driving sedately on the left side of the road so these people must have observed it and stopped him.we have complained regarding the same at the police station.so people traveling by this route keep an eye on such mischief mongers.
breakneck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 23:11   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakneck
my dad was stopped just before the nelamangala toll by a group of people who showed up from nowhere in a qualis and alto and forced my dads car.... people traveling by this route keep an eye on such mischief mongers.
Sad to hear this. Such incidents seem to be on the rise here.
If you dont mind sharing can you tell us what time of the day did this happen? These guys must have been following from the toll gates area targeting cars with single or two occupants.
Thank God your dad escaped without any damages.

P.s do you've an out of state registration?

Thanks for alerting us.
Old 25th August 2012, 09:08   #1095
BHPian

Just a heads up for those travelling on toll roads in the event of emergency. The name and phone number of the police officer, highway patrol officer and tow away vans and other facilities are given at the back of the slip.

Most Viewed