Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2006, 19:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

some people think scorpio is damn safe coz it BULKY. I would say Scorpio is a dice on wheels! And was your ikon a petrol one? just curious. Now be a good boy and be happy that you have a gr8 car and let the mahouts live!
Old 2nd March 2006, 22:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION
Pleezzzze Guys Am Sure Most Of U Complaining About The Scorpio Have Never Driven It. I Have Been Driving A Crde For The Past 8 Months And Have Taken Innovas Balenos Ikons And Safaris On The Highway. My Speedo Goes Well Over 160 But I Frankly Dont Know What The True Speed Is. Believe Me Its Ok As Long As U R Alert And Ofcourse Experience Counts People. The Car Rocks. Agreed Shes Behaves Best When U R Around 100 - 120 But When People Irritate Me I Make It A Point To Show Them What The Crde Can Do. Dont Mess With The Crde Folks

....drive safe
Don't panic speedy. Most of the newbies start off with posts like this.
They're all sweet people inside.
Old 3rd March 2006, 00:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Don't panic speedy. Most of the newbies start off with posts like this.
They're all sweet people inside.
Yeah...and they are very innovative too...Scorpion driving a scorpio...WOW
Old 3rd March 2006, 01:17   #19
BHPian

he he. Goes well over 160..... i would say 190 approx. Isnt it so. And scorpion actually took on and defeated the Ikon and Baleno. Phew! Real hard to believe.
Old 3rd March 2006, 02:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION
Pleezzzze Guys Am Sure Most Of U Complaining About The Scorpio Have Never Driven It. I Have Been Driving A Crde For The Past 8 Months And Have Taken Innovas Balenos Ikons And Safaris On The Highway. My Speedo Goes Well Over 160 But I Frankly Dont Know What The True Speed Is. Believe Me Its Ok As Long As U R Alert And Ofcourse Experience Counts People. The Car Rocks. Agreed Shes Behaves Best When U R Around 100 - 120 But When People Irritate Me I Make It A Point To Show Them What The Crde Can Do. Dont Mess With The Crde Folks
Some people never cease to amaze. Stupidity is nothing to boast about. Lets hope you do not learn the hard way. Driving safely costs nothing.

BTW I have driven a Scorpio (non CRDE) quite extensively at what I consider safe speeds. It is a nice vehicle to drive. Driving at sensible speeds I have never had any problems with it behaving like a drunken monk.
Old 3rd March 2006, 16:29   #21
Team-BHP Support

I could not resist a rueful smile after reading SCORPION's post. And then the replies from tifosikrishna and satya. Grow up SCORPION. Your post read almost like those kids high on adrenaline who post on N no. of bulletin boards spread over the web. We try to look beyond the EQ and try to dissect things at a more matured level. Just read what tifosi says. He is also a owner of a CRDe. And he simply adores his scorpio. And yet he knows the limits of his car... we all do for that matter. Or just read what Satya has to say (actually not much except for the astonishment at your post ). That last line in your post in particular was not at all needed. It almost made you look like a sulking kid.
Old 3rd March 2006, 22:04   #22
BHPian

Common guys , its just his first post. Don't scare him out of team-bhp forever. Seems to be a nice guy.

Cheers
Old 3rd March 2006, 23:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

I dunno abt the CRDE but the old Scorpio is definately not a stable car at high speed and u have to be insane to push it into a corner really hard. And i don't think it has a good safety certification either..
Old 10th March 2006, 21:08   #24
BHPian

A few tips for scorpio drivers

My car has done about 20800 kms in the past 8 months. Just finished the 4th so called free service. Frankly the dealers can be very annoying. But then you just cant do anything. Anyway, though the dealers are absolutely useless, the car is making up for their inefficency. Havent had any problems so far. Everything including all lights, wipers, brakes, clutch, ac, engine running fine. The bonnet makes a very disturbing noise on bad roads and even the work shop guys cant seem to get the setting right. Apart from that, no other issues. Still feel good when i am at the wheel. Kudos to M & M.
I have observed few things which is part of the cars character and which you need to respect if you need to remain safe and planted on the road especially if you are driving fast. You have to be really sure of what you are doing. You need to anticipate things. I would say you can cruise around 110 kmph safely but you need to remain alert. If you really see an empty road then you can hit 160+ but thats just for an adrenalin rush. Dont even think of reaching your destination at that speed. Reduce speed well in advance especially when you are overtaking trucks and cant see if theres anyhting ahead of the truck. I have had a couple of occasions where i am approaching trucks from behind at about 110 and then the guy just swerves to the right as i approach to overtake another vehicle. Jam the brakes and you are in for a few really scary seconds because you just cant predict where the car is going. ABS please M & M. You have such a wonderful product. If only it ahd a few safety features.
Never take a turn at speed and never brake too hard when you are turning, because the rear steps out of line and then you counter steer and then the car feels like its twisting. Try it with a car, not with the scorpio.
As long you are careful and drive responsibly its a safe car and as i said earlier, keep its limitations in mind and you have a wonderful mile eater. I have had 3 trips to Cochin and back without a single trip and am a regular driver on the wester-express to vapi. Have never had a single problem anywhere. Am glad i chose the car. What say guys?
Old 10th March 2006, 21:26   #25
BHPian

sorry!!!!!!!!!!

oooooops! wot have i gotten myself into? hehe....hey guys just got carried away with a few of those v/s posts. was just fooling around in google when i hit on bhp and hence the first post. Sorry, for sounding so irresponsible. Thanx for all the replies. Now am glad i got into this. Seems to be a bunch of true automobile lovers. Actually saw all the replies after I posted my second one. love cars man. probably the first words i spoke was fiat. owning an suv had always been a dream and i just cant seem to stop talkin about my car. (pssst..my gf is gonna disown me soon)...
Old 10th March 2006, 23:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey scorpion welcome to the forum.

Please post a good intro about yourself at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/

Anywayz drive safe and dont sting..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks