Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
AFAIK its the fault of the Wagon R in your case. He was either at a high speed or following you very closely. I have read somewhere on T-Bhp itself. What happens in front of you is your responsibility. If you are rear ended then its the responsibility of the other driver as he had not allowed enough braking space while driving.
>>> Absolutely correct. I have been rear ended by less than careful drivers ( in situations where I had to brake quickly to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me because it had stopped suddenly) and have told the offender at the back that it was his fault.

The reasons are simple : the vehicle at the rear has to maintain enough distance in order to stop safely if the vehicle in front has to make an emergency stop. This is valid for all speeds, especially at high speeds, where the possibility of being rear ended is very high.

I do this on an every day basis negotiating the unpredictable and unruly traffic in Mumbai's suburbs.

Regards
Old 13th March 2022, 00:31   #32

Re: What would you do if a vehicle hits you/you hit a vehicle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I fail to understand. Why? There is a reason that either car owner has paid a hefty insurance premium. And no, nothing "gentlemanly" about paying a 100% either. This is exactly the purpose of insurance (& third party damage) coverage. The law does NOT require you to pay for damage to someone else's property. It is your insuring company that is liable for those claims.

If you unfortunately end up in an accident, irrespective of who is at fault, simply go down and register the incident at the local police station. Your insurance companies take it up from there.

The good Samaritans amongst us can offer to pay the differential (cost of repair less what insurance company is paying) as a good will gesture (if you are at fault). But thats it. Note : You aren't legally liable to do so.
I was hit from behind. It has been recorded in my rear dashcam. The guy at back was willing to cover for the damages. Was fully cooperating. So we left the scene with this understanding. I got the damage accessed from the showroom. Called the guy to tell him that he will have to pay for the file charges and my NCB ie. roughly 3 to 3.5k. He agreed to Gpay. Bt after that he blocked me everywhere. In addition to dashcam footage, I have call recording in which the guy is saying that he will pay for all the damages.
Now what are my ways to recover my expense. Is going to police helps in such cases? Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks