Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2004, 22:21   #1
BHPian

Well it all started with Me and a Buch of buddies were going to SV road from Chembur in My Red Zen and my bud's White 1000.
I was supposed to follow him, and i did coz i didnt know the way as i was new to mumbai...
it all wen smooth till my bud's in the other car started givin him ideas... He swithched his left indicator and started going toward left , i followed him, In the last minute Sucker Just veered to the Straight Lane and I was Headed staright towards a divider, and i couldnt veer like him coz there was a Truck on my right... I got pissed but i didnt do anything...( I couldnt)...
So just quitley followed him... then @ certain point One of my genius friends in my car suddenly remebered that he knew the way... That was my Chance...
There were 2 Speed breakers With a small gap in between.
Climbed side by side.. Then I went flat out with my front tyres screething to the next(effectivley outdragging him) and then My
rears Screechted as i was killing the speed before the second speed breaker...
This pissed him off and he started chasing..

Now in the peak traffic, I have one skill he lacked...
As a biker for two years in chennai roads with 5000Kms on chennai roads i had a critical advantage...
My Brains Switched to Turbo Mode with Super Weave Mode™. As i weaved thru trafiic i left no room for him to overtake and i can analyse traffic flows much FASTER than he could...
As we approached the signal after Dharavi where we have to take a right RED was on... I stuck to the right Lane Mr.Smart Pants took to the Left Most (and Clear) lane and tried to Take a Full swing right, But poor sucker trick didnt work as i got ahead and left him no room to overtake...
Then we had to take a left (free Left), I basically took it so fast that my tyres were again screething (1000 was just a dot again).
The 180 degree Spin Turn in the Bandra - Reclamation was taken at 60-80 Kph...!!!! Poor guy had no chance...

after that i slowed to the point where he could overtak (as I didnt know where the Cyber Cafe we were going to).

Best was that The guys in the other car was peeing in the pants because he almost hit 4 twowheelers.. The very guys who made him pull the pranks, the very ppl who asked to chase me , had to tell him to slow as they realised that a Chennai Biker, can be very very lethal...
Ask the guys in my car... all they said was that they was on the edge but Not at single point of time felt that i was driving dangerously ( That is to the limit, but not crossing the boundry)...
Anyways we laughed over it.. and Maruti 1000 Dude said he will never Race with me,LOL...

...But the point to note is that i dont drive like this.. But when pushed to a point i where i get pissed of i get ahead of him...
(but understand my policy, if there is a show off on the road.. I overtake him, stay ahead for a while then delibratley slowdown and let him pass.. Just show him that I can beat him , then I choose to go slow...)
Old 14th October 2004, 22:36   #2
bhp
BHPian

but understand my policy, if there is a show off on the road.. I overtake him, stay ahead for a while then delibratley slowdown and let him pass.. Just show him that I can beat him , then I choose to go slow...)

hey pal i also have the same policy
Old 14th October 2004, 22:57   #3
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (allajunaki @ Oct. 14 2004,20:51)]The 180 degree Spin Turn in the Bandra - Reclamation was taken at 60-80 Kph...!!!! Poor guy had no chance...
180?... won't that turn you around... facing the other guy?

And just be careful doing 180s... although zen is a gr8 handler .. even a small mistake can lead to disaster.

As once I saw a zen going in front of me... take a jerky U turn at about 40-50. and next moment his tyres were facing towards the moon.

Old 15th October 2004, 02:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

The fastest way around any turn is without screeching your tyres, especially when it's a FWD cars.

Is yors a Mpfi Zen? Coz i don't think the 1000 ever came with Mpfi. And with around 60 bhp on tap, he never had a chance.

Shan2nu
Old 15th October 2004, 12:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Oct. 15 2004,00:57)]And with around 60 bhp on tap, he never had a chance.
me thinks the 1000 is just about 45 bhp

~A
Old 15th October 2004, 14:17   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (adityapd @ Oct. 15 2004,10:37)]me thinks the 1000 is just about 45 bhp *
I think what Shantanu meant was that the Zen MPFI has 60bhp.
And yes, the Maruti 1000 had just 45bhp.
Old 15th October 2004, 14:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]me thinks the 1000 is just about 45 bhp
Possible, coz the Carb Esteem produced around 65bhp. So the 1000 should be much lesser than that.

Shan2nu
Old 16th October 2004, 21:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Dude,wotever u do,just drive safe......
And that 180 spin u talkin bout is a pure risk on a Zen.So be sure of wot u do while driving.Let ur mind control the steering and not the excitement.

X
Old 17th October 2004, 02:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey allajunaki,
that was great.
but .
i think there also be one more sticker in addition to the other 3
"T-bhpian-never mess with me"
Old 17th October 2004, 03:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey SLK and X-Machine

Alla Junaki's comment on 180 simply meant that the turn is a 180 degree right hander. Its a smooth flowing curve, a huge section of the highway that passes right above the Bandra-Worli Sealink.

Here's the pic of the 180 degree turn

Revv
Old 17th October 2004, 04:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey revv, is this the place where they held the drag. Nish had taken me there in his car.

Shan2nu
Old 17th October 2004, 04:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Right on Shan2nu. Same place.

The corner has a speed limit of 40, but taking it at 60 is quite easy. Beyond that, small and mid-sizers squeal for grip.

Revv
Old 18th October 2004, 19:02   #13
BHPian

Hey tahnks Revvmaster... That ought to clear things up... That's the 180 i was talkin about...
Yeah dude had a 45BHP 1000... And Yes on a straight stretch He cannot touch me.. But the problem is that though we were not @ peak hour traffic, There was reasonable amount of traffic That effectivley nullifies ur BHP advantage...
But anyways the point is @ the end we both had fun.... Though I was pissed off initially, since we had so much fun that we forgot the actual reason...
Also I have decided that,though the thing passed without an incident(or Accident), I will be a lil more careful.....
Old 19th October 2004, 15:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] As a biker for two years in chennai roads with 5000Kms on chennai roads i had a critical advantage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] had to tell him to slow as they realised that a Chennai Biker , can be very very lethal...
hey, u can say that again.

show them who's the boss!

Most Viewed