Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 10:17   #76
BHPian

I am planning to buy VLX and to be true this all has given me goosebumbs. I liked the idea of differnt locks for engine and door. I would like to ask if i can get that done pre fitted from mahindra before the delivery
Old 30th July 2010, 11:00   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
I am planning to buy VLX and to be true this all has given me goosebumbs. I liked the idea of differnt locks for engine and door. I would like to ask if i can get that done pre fitted from mahindra before the delivery
The new Refreshed series have a smart chip incorporated into the key which supposedly is tougher to duplicate. Somewhat like the Maruti i-CATS system.

These vehicles are safer than the older ones. Go ahead and buy one.
Old 30th July 2010, 11:48   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hi lodhra, the new scorpios are "relatively" safer than the pre-refresh models due to the fact stated above. but no vehicles on the road is completely theft proof, so forget all such apprehensions & buy the vehicle of your choice.
Old 31st July 2010, 11:31   #79
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Lodhra, you'd do well in following the steps outlined in this thread : How to protect your car from theft.
Old 11th February 2011, 22:33   #80
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio VLX theft attempt

What is the process for changing the password ? where do you change it ? I have a new VLX M Hawk 4wd Scorpio.
Old 12th February 2011, 14:45   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
What is the process for changing the password ? where do you change it ? I have a new VLX M Hawk 4wd Scorpio.

I would be interested to know about the same , Do we need a new thread on the same ?
Old 12th February 2011, 20:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

the new refresh scorpios dont have the facility to change the password. infact, they dont require it as they come with a better iCat system.
Old 12th February 2011, 20:46   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the new refresh scorpios dont have the facility to change the password. infact, they dont require it as they come with a better iCat system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The new Refreshed series have a smart chip incorporated into the key which supposedly is tougher to duplicate. Somewhat like the Maruti i-CATS system.

These vehicles are safer than the older ones. Go ahead and buy one.
I learnt about the new safety features the hard way. The dealer's men in April 2009 were unaware of such a system as it was just introduced. They had in fact called me to change the code. After about a week it was learnt from the company that each Refreshed Scorpio is equipped with an unique ID and its not the old system wherein the code was known and would be changed later by the owner.
Old 16th February 2011, 15:31   #84
BHPian

Well Hiranandani, Powai! It rings a bell loudly somewhere. This is close to the den of one known vehicle thief. He operates from there. His targets are Scorpios and Pajeroes. Please see the thread 'Story of pajero of theft' in this same forum. You may recognize the photo. From your photos it is clear that it was not a screwdriver that was used to remove the lock. Look closely there are two depressions on diametrically opposite sides. This is a special tool which can be used to remove your lock in seconds. He was after your car, no doubt about that.

Last edited by gtabombay : 16th February 2011 at 16:04.
Old 16th February 2011, 21:06   #85
Senior - BHPian

I know, I read the pajero story & I am almost sure that this is the same guy who was after my car. Now, even I am looking our for him.
Old 6th November 2011, 11:22   #86
Senior - BHPian

Just read a thread on white Indigo steal from the exact place near Pizza Hut. They have started targeting other cars as well. High time that the gang is captured.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks