Team-BHP - Delhi Traffic Police now on Facebook! EDIT: Now Goa too!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Delhi Traffic Police now on Facebook! EDIT: Now Goa too! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/81772-delhi-traffic-police-now-facebook-edit-now-goa-too.html)

Hello Friends,

A fantastic initiative by Delhi Traffic Poilice.

Delhi Traffic Police have created a community on FACEBOOK and if you join this you get LIVE traffic updates from DTP on your wall.

Also, if you are stuck in any Traffic Jam you can post it DTP's wall, so that DTP as well others who have joined community are made aware of it.

I have already made this as my Homepage :)

Mentioned below is the link if you wish to join :

Delhi Traffic Police | Facebook

Cheers !!!

Commendable initiative, hope it extends to Chennai & most importantly to Bangalore & Hyderabad immediately. But will the commissioner or IG have time to read the posts? Or is this only for updating the traffic jams?

I don't think this is actually going to make a significant difference. I mean there's traffic updates almost every 5 mins across radio channels so updating the traffic situation on facebook/twitter about a particular stretch wouldn't make that big a difference.

Primary problem is in office hours and rarely one takes a detour during these hours so not really a big deal I'd say. As for them trying to keep up with technology :thumbs up

Wow, now they can totally fix all the traffic jams and catch all the traffic offenders. You lucky Delhiites, your cops are now on Facebook!

2 weeks from now, most of them will be busy playing Farmville and sending each other horses and chicken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 1893618)
2 weeks from now, most of them will be busy playing Farmville and sending each other horses and chicken.

Assuming they're successful in figuring out how to do so. :uncontrol

wow, cops can browse facebook in office and no one will stop them, i do not understand why they need to do this rather they can effectivly moniter the cameras they installed.

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 1893618)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anku94 (Post 1893631)
Assuming they're successful in figuring out how to do so. :uncontrol

Hahaha... Goodone !!!

On the more heavier note, I really liked this initiative, I was able to avoid a major Traffic snarl becuase of this today morning.

So cheers to that.

We know we always are unhappy about things that Government dont do, but when they do initiate, we still remain unhappy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubby (Post 1893496)

Also, if you are stuck in any Traffic Jam you can post it DTP's wall, so that DTP as well others who have joined community are made aware of it.

Nice, so one can't talk on the mobile while driving, but posting on DTP's wall is permissible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 1893737)
Nice, so one can't talk on the mobile while driving, but posting on DTP's wall is permissible.

Hmmmmm...

We only need to inform about Traffic Jams ( not speeds we are driving at ) that in-turn means that we are ourselves part of one, that in-turn means that we are stationary and not moving.

So in a stationary vehicle, in a long Traffic Jam, its quite pemissible for anybody to use mobiles :)

Cheers !!!

Nice! when are they gonna slap fines on your wall now?
Next time you post about traffic issues,be careful I guess:d

Very Nice and Commendable Initiative !! Though I sincerly wish they should act the suggestions poured IN.

Thanks for the Info Bubby !!

And Delhi Traffic Police is also on Twitter too. DelhiTrafficPolice (dtptraffic) on Twitter.

Disgusting, that's the word for the Facebook page. I raised concerns regarding rude cops who spoil the image of the entire force in a Gentlemen's manner and also took up the parking problems of Car Accessories Market in Lajpat Nagar in two separate posts but they were deleted along with few other posts whose central issues were the mismanagement of DTP.

Delhi Traffic Police on one side asks for citizen's participation and when we participate, they're unable to hear the genuine grievances of the public. It's indeed very sad that such a initiative is going down the drain and reminds of the fact 'old habits die hard'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk13 (Post 1898973)
...they were deleted...

Well, the Spl. Commissioner of Police, Traffic, DTP, did respond and has apparently issued instructions not to delete any post.

Quote:

[CAjay Chadha There are clear instructions that no messages are to be deleted. Can you please post the message again or send a message to me on the facebook or e-mail at splcpt-dtp@nic.in .Spl CP Traffic
Hope they can maintain the transparency they are trying to achieve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 1899405)
Well, the Spl. Commissioner of Police, Traffic, DTP, did respond and has apparently issued instructions not to delete any post.

Hope they can maintain the transparency they are trying to achieve.

Doc Sahab, congrats on becoming a Distinguished BHPian. Off-topic, the best aspect of your locality are the wide roads. Will surely miss them as college comes to an end.

I'm impressed by the reply from Special CP (Traffic), Mr. Ajay Chadha. The quote you've posted is in reply to another post of my'n. I've messaged him my concerns and my previous posts which were deleted are back on the Wall.