Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 20:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yes, got it back without much circus, thankfully!

KS:

This happened right in front of Gun-man point.

You crossed me just as I fixed it back and walking to get into the vehicle. Tried to catch you attention from back, but I guess you were concentrating on human traffic in front of you.

EDIT:

Come to think of it, happened just as the tall man suggested:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Then please go stop your Safari in front of his vehicle and show him the spare wheel without cover and ask him to put back the Cover .

Last edited by HappyWheels : 27th May 2010 at 20:27.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:26   #32
BHPian

This news has definitely brought a smile!! So, the thing gets resolved )
Congrats!
Old 27th May 2010, 20:30   #33
BHPian

Awesome experience, and one that ended well as well! Now that cover does looks like a Happy Wheel
Old 27th May 2010, 20:38   #34
BANNED

BRILIANT!!!!!

The driver must have been zonked for a while.

Either he is a total moron or he didn't in his wildest thoughts must have imagined the owner would be on the same campus.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Wow this is probably the ultimate customer service offered by a TASS, ever..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
But the SA at TASS was sure. They identified it with the nicks and a dent, caused by it scraped by their washing boys, and for which I had raised an issue. So the identity is confirmed.

HappyWheels, you should not forget them!

EDIT: hey that's my 500th post!! I'm happy.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 27th May 2010 at 20:43.
Old 27th May 2010, 21:23   #36
BANNED

Happy for you Happy wheels and more Happy to see your Safari Happy with its Happy Wheel Cover.

so Happy is Ending
Old 27th May 2010, 21:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Now please start another mega thread on DIY : How to secure a Tata Safari spare wheel cover to prevent theft. We Safari owners are waiting.

How would a black spare wheel cover look on a Tata Sumo? Just thinking
Old 27th May 2010, 22:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Mrinal, Echo77: Thanks Guys! Yeah, resolved and happy!

SpitFire: Not sure what happened at his end, but it definitely wasn't his lucky day! As mentioned, he could have held back, but anyone with an eye can see how absurd it was. Reckon even he was smart enough to realize that there was no way out.

Sandeep: Yes, definitely. Those guys went out of the way to follow the vehicle and then call and tell me! The only reason I have the cover back with me now!

Pavan: Happyioooo happy!

Luke: Will definitely do that. First let me get the raw materials in place and see if my current idea is feasible. And for the black cover, it would look better than a red cover!
Old 27th May 2010, 22:10   #39
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Happy Wheels - Congrats on getting back your cover & a happy peaceful ending Excellent service by TASS & your campus security guys !

Btw. which campus do you work out of ?
Old 27th May 2010, 22:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

^^ Nirmal,

Am at Global Village, Mysore Road.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I ask the driver if his name was X. (X = owner name got from RTO SMS). He says X is owner.
Glad to see that you got your cover back. Believe you need to treat the security guys.

BTW, Is this a new system to get the vehicle owners name from RTO Via SMS. Can you kindly educate us on the same please ?

Thanks a ton
Old 28th May 2010, 10:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations HappyWheels!

I wonder where the driver lifted your wheel cover from. If he did it when your car was parked in the capus, then
a) the driver is pretty stupid to driver around in the same campus sporting that wheel cover. Its not as if red is a color that easily blends in, specially on a white sumo!
b) Your campus security needs to be beefed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
BTW, Is this a new system to get the vehicle owners name from RTO Via SMS. Can you kindly educate us on the same please ?
Try this link:
BTIS - Bangalore Transport Information System

Funnily enough, if you go to the btis.in homepage, the RTO link is disabled. But you can still access that section using the link above lazy butt programmers

Last edited by amitoj : 28th May 2010 at 10:06.
Old 28th May 2010, 10:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Glad to see that you got your cover back. Believe you need to treat the security guys...
No re! No need to treat them. They had promised to get hold of the vehicle if it comes into the campus. But, even with the vehicle standing directly in front of the security office, they did not notice it!

But at least the guard who came with me to get hold of the driver was a smart guy and knew how to handle him well. Else he would have definitely driven off.

Quote:
...BTW, Is this a new system to get the vehicle owners name from RTO Via SMS. Can you kindly educate us on the same please ?

Thanks a ton
One way is as mentioned by Amitoj.

The same information can be got by sending an SMS to 56006, with the format " RTO KA-##-XX-#### " , where # = number and XX = alphabet (single or double). In this case, I send a SMS " RTO ka-02-c-5418 " and got the info as a response SMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
...I wonder where the driver lifted your wheel cover from. If he did it when your car was parked in the capus, then
a) the driver is pretty stupid to driver around in the same campus sporting that wheel cover. Its not as if red is a color that easily blends in, specially on a white sumo!
b) Your campus security needs to be beefed up.
Thanks Amitoj!

The cover was lifted from my residence. There is no way that it was ever lying on the coconut groove as the driver says! He must have got if from whoever flicked it, but did not expect me to be within the same campus.

And yes, the security could be better. They had the person right in front of their eyes and did not notice him!
Old 28th May 2010, 10:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

Glad that you managed to get your wheel cover back without any hassles.

But the title of this thread had me in splits.

Yellow Board running with my stolen spare wheel cover...

Sounded to me like someone took what you stole.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Now please start another mega thread on DIY : How to secure a Tata Safari spare wheel cover to prevent theft. We Safari owners are waiting.
Yeah! even I am thinking on those lines for quite some time now. Got few thoughts.

Quote:
Luke: Will definitely do that. First let me get the raw materials in place and see if my current idea is feasible. And for the black cover, it would look better than a red cover!
Good to know about the recovery, lets catch up sometime to share our idea's on securing it.

Most Viewed