Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2010, 20:43   #16
BHPian

It's no longer a surprise if these traffic cops or the others involved divert traffic anytime. You can't expect the a two-way road u take in the morning to remain the same in the evening. I am back Koramangala today after being out of the city for aboout 10 days & was faced with this change. Sometime back I faced it at Ulsoor lake, traffic towards M.G. Road in the morning was like business as usual, evening the traffic was diverted towards the Gurudwara to the road opp Taj & The Park which earlier a one way. These diversions may be required for developmental works but irritating part is it is not publicised to the required extent.
Old 1st June 2010, 07:28   #17
BHPian

Oh my god. what a chaos on Hosur Road

I had to go out for some urgent shopping in Central yesterday, left office (EC) at 6:20 PM (wrong decision), took elevated flyover assuming would reach fast to Silk board, what was in was horrible, traffic piled up till Golden Square. I could reach Silk board only at 7:40 and road towards BTM was much more packed. Then decided to drop the plan and finish some work in Koramangala (again a wrong decision). Reached Koramangala 11th main only at 8:15 PM. Then started at 8:30 and reached HSR Sector-2 only at 9:15.

approx 3hrsjust to cover some kms.

Do we really need this underpass? I really wonder who makes this decision without assessing it properly. I mean why to leave all the summer behind and start the underpass just before rains hit. Iam sure this would take more than claimed 3months.

Do we really need 3months to finish?

Going through the traffic daily is indeed a pain to many. I hope authorities understand this and ensure completion.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Oh my god. what a chaos on Hosur Road

I had to go out for some urgent shopping in Central yesterday, left office (EC) at 6:20 PM (wrong decision), took elevated flyover assuming would reach fast to Silk board, what was in was horrible, traffic piled up till Golden Square. I could reach Silk board only at 7:40 and road towards BTM was much more packed. Then decided to drop the plan and finish some work in Koramangala (again a wrong decision). Reached Koramangala 11th main only at 8:15 PM. Then started at 8:30 and reached HSR Sector-2 only at 9:15.

approx 3hrsjust to cover some kms.
Raghu thats pathetic ? Thats one heck of a JAM
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have witnessed a 5 hours drive from Madiwala to EC during the 2007 monsoon.

It was due to water stagnation around silk board as the drain was blocked by a compound built by a apartment complex!
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Every morning there is a severe traffic jam between Koramangala Water Tank junction and Krupanidhi College Junction.

It take 20 minutes just to travel from Koramangala to Silk board.

Rohan
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

I don't get it, why are coming with all the construction work simultaneously. Instead why don't they just allocate more resources to one project and finish things at a faster pace and in a phased manner, thereby causing lesser of a mess of the traffic.

Similarly even on the ORR they are doing the flyover construction all over the place and commute time changes (only increases!) everyday.

Yesterday it took me 30 mins to get from HSR BDA (actually a junction after that!) to Silkboard on bike. I shudder to think what would have happened if I was in my car!

Last edited by praful : 3rd June 2010 at 10:51.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:58   #22
BHPian

All such construction work start just prior to the monsoon. For a good 4 months all these guys do is pump out water from the pit they would have dug out... Is that a trend of making more money? or are they THAT STUPID???
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:42   #23
BHPian

Yesterday, I went to Koramangla(star bazar) from Electronic City at 2pm, I had a multiple way pass for the expressway, so I was thinking I can be done in and hrs time, OMG, after reaching Total mall, there was a kilometer jam, and I reached Star Bazar at 3:20pm, I was at silkboard at 2:12pm, then return - started at 3:45pm and reached Silkboard at 4:55pm. Man what is going on here? Thanks to SH35, I manage to reach electronic city from Whitefield in 40 min on avg, the day I take Volvo, its 2 hr.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

The silk board area has become unmanageable. I remember in Monday I spent nearly hour and half just to travel 2 kms. If you are going from EC to HSR layout area its better you take right turn at bomanhalli and use the inner roads to reach HSR.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

I hope all these bottlenecks happen only during peak traffic hours.

I plan to drive to Trivandrum tomorrow early morning. I will be going via Domlur, Madivala, Silk board, BETL.
Old 14th June 2010, 18:35   #26
BHPian

Hi all,
I travel from Iblur to Yemlur passing through all these hurdles.
I could take the shortcut through Bellandur village, but can't do that since I have to drop wife on my way.
But what I want to point out is a very "interesting" thing(I am not getting an apt word) observed on Saturday.

I was coming back from Whitefield Bimal Showroom on that day.It was raining very heavily.

"By the way, all the flyovers and underpasses that are being built in Bangalore are meant to give commuters a signal-free drive from God-knows-where to new airport in Bangalore."

When we reached Nakundi bridge, what we saw was really crazy.There was complete water logging under the bridge, almost 1/2 a feet. And this particular road has V shape with angle between 2 lines being around 160 degree. Enough for water to log there

Vehicles were wading(swimming) through water. We could see few ones too.
Now there's no signal here and vehicles coming from airport side and going towards airport side will be forced to stop there creating a massive jam defeating the whole purpose of "signal-free" stretch

There are few more similar junctions like this.

And what can we do about the most stupidest, weirdest KR puram junction ? The flyover there must have been built by someone who must have been a sadist to the core.

As a PJ, I was thinking that the water pool under the Nakundi bridge can be advertised by government as an example of Rain harvesting system.

Old 15th June 2010, 23:35   #27
BHPian

There are many underpass and bridge that have been built in Bangalore with very stupid design. Some of them are really pathetic. Many of them no body uses... Etc. So the purpose of making traffic smoother is not happening as expected.
Old 16th June 2010, 14:08   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I hope all these bottlenecks happen only during peak traffic hours.
Yes this is only during peak hours, early morning you may get some long distance trucks on this route but no jams. The truck drivers are much better mannered then the educated class of this city which is seen creating all the nonsense in the day time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
When we reached Nakundi bridge,
I stay around there. Guess what is the bigger joke there is another underpass on an internal road and that one gets flooded by upto 2 feet of water. Its a magic box design. I went and complained to the local corporator last week (helps that I stay in an apartment owned by the local MLA). Yesterday he had the drain cleared around the underpass and I hoping we have resolved that. Incase you do get stuck at the Nekundi ORR underpass, come down the Nekundi village passing the ISRO wall and you would come out at Hotel 7.

Route is marked well on google maps.
Old 18th June 2010, 16:22   #29
BHPian

Thanks Spitfire for letting know that shortcut.
I must say you are one hell of a lucky guy to stay in an MLA's apartment
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Underpass work in progress... image as on today
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore: Madivala underpass work starts. EDIT - now complete-madiwala.jpg  

Most Viewed