Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 10:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
Underpass is near Madivala Ayappa Temple. It was built in 25 days. Here's the link to news article:
Underpass: 25-day work, long-lasting technology, News - City - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror
It took more than 2 months for the construction of Madivala underpass. I know this for sure because it is on my daily commute path. Traffic was diverted away from Madivala for more than 2 months.

I have been personally observing the status of underpass construction by visiting Madivala every weekend. There is no way that this underpass was built in 25 days.

Rohan
Old 26th August 2010, 10:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Has any map been released by the authorities on what traffic flow directions are to be followed, after the completion of the underpass ?
Old 26th August 2010, 11:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
It took more than 2 months for the construction of Madivala underpass. I know this for sure because it is on my daily commute path. Traffic was diverted away from Madivala for more than 2 months.

I have been personally observing the status of underpass construction by visiting Madivala every weekend. There is no way that this underpass was built in 25 days.

Rohan
I think they are referring only to the cement section done on top.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Has any map been released by the authorities on what traffic flow directions are to be followed, after the completion of the underpass ?
Its like this:

1. Vehicles coming from Silk Board side and going towards Forum use the underpass signal free.

2. Vehicles coming from Forum side and going towards Silk board use the underpass signal free.

3. Everyone else takes the road above and waits for their signal.

Rohan
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:11   #50
BHPian

Re: Bangalore: Madivala underpass work starts. EDIT - now complete

Yesterday had a chance to pass through this underpass. This has already got potholes, craters, trenches and uneven roads. In the coming days as the potholes and craters get worsen, it will be tough to negotiate this underpass under heavy traffic. This brings us to the question where is the Q?
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:21   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore: Madivala underpass work starts. EDIT - now complete

The road inside the underpass section was uneven from the begining itself. Also the other concrete section is the pilot project for similar roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks