Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2005, 21:01   #1
BHPian

participating in moto xtreme

anyways after all your comments on the rally let me finally tell u something frok my point of view....
firs t of all the turnout of the cars in the morning was definitely dissapointing as the so called real super cars was absent .....but then again the event was to raise charity and me just got the news that it has done better then expected in terms of collection of funds......
i no as car buffs we really missed the real cars but then again i guess there were some real cool cars aboard....and maybe the turn out of cars was a flop but the enire event as a whole in terms of its objectives was beter then expected..
let me tell youll how my day on sunday went....
i turned up at lands end at 10:00 am in my landcruiser...was orginally going to remove the firebird but after knowing the route we were taking decided not two (im glad for that)......we had some breakfast at lands end followed by a briefing on the route and then given t-shirts and some goodies and a tulip chart with directions.......
my car was the first t be flagged off at about 11:45 (thanks to dads influence) and i went about the given route which included going all round pali then to mahim, then to shivaji park then to kings circle and from there we went along the normal higway to the expressway via palm beach road....the aim was to stop at the various pit stops and to answer the question given there and the winner was to be decided on that basis and not on any time...but if u did miss hese stops u were penalised....many stops were missed as cars were speeding and never wanted to stop.,...
since i was the first i led the rally till i reached the expressway ...once there i stopped for a leak only to be over taken by the second landcruiser and the range rover...
the other landrover was a v6 manual diesel...i was driving a v8 automatic petrol....
i decided to catch up with him and the range rover...
i pushed on the gas till i was doing about 190 in the third lane to overtake the other land cruiser who was in the second lane.as i was doing this i saw lighs blinking in the rearview mirro and guess what i was smoked by the cls which was doing about 270......the poor dude had a puncture later on once he reached pune....i was third now behind the merc and the rangerover but then a whole lot of cars including the bmmw 7 series , the audi a6 and tt and about four mercs overtook me along the expressway........
once in pune after crossing the city we went into bad dirt roads where the tables got turned and overtook all the crawling mercs and flash car big time....we reached the corintians hotel in pune at about 2 and i had reached fourth......i forgot to mention that i passed my fellow t bhp members at the tool booth......
in the hotel there was lunch along with some photo shoots and only 25 cars turned up finally at t he hotel...a few had broken down and a few had backed out due to the bad roads in pune......
back to mumbai was basically flat out without any pit stops as earlier planned as time was not on our side........pushed the car and was constantly doing 200 along the expressway..once im mumbai got bad traffic and so i stopped for ome chai and then procedded...reached lands end at sharp 8 in the evening and met dippy out there..there was going to be a party at about 10 so all the drivers were basically going home and were returning back at 10...before i took the car back i took dippy and a fellow member for a small little drive and showed off my latest " light force " lights.....dippy dude what did u think of them and my ride ????????
later parked the car in the garage and got the 300 sdl turbo for the party....people present at the flag off must have seen it as it had come to drop off some visiting cards for me...........the party was a boring page 3 party with some real desperate od men (what say dippy)... so i had a drink and left at 12:30 as i had a paper the next day.....
ll said i no it was not a speed ace but with such cars no one wanted to really drive slow but pushed theirs cars hard.....i wouldnt blame them..would u drive a cls at 180..i dont think so !!!!!!
i had fun and all in all it was a very nice experience for me and hopefully ill do it again soon (exams not interfering)

Allan Almeida..
(mods sorry if i have repeated it but i though it was more approprate in this section)
Old 25th October 2005, 00:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

great cover bud. I was there at the kings circle, five gardens pitstop but by 12.45 only about four cars went past. anyways hope u had a good time.
Old 25th October 2005, 09:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

i guess ur right. the event wasnt really for car buffs but to raise funds and i guess this was one of thee best ways to do it. im glad you had a blast

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks