Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:06   #31
BHPian

Many individuals have lost sensitivity. We are not sure whether the incident of hit and run happened during the day time or during the dark.

We are also not sure that the vehicles had run in succession or the place was dark or worse- it was murder!

Media reports can be speculative or may sensationalise events also. Again, I am not sure about this incident.

Yet, it is disgusting that people cannot avoid an object lying on the road while driving while they try to avoid potholes!
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

As I told before, there's nothing shocking here as these are just the early symptoms to show we're on the verge of destructing ourselves. As the proverb goes, too much of cook spoils the food, may be too much of population has spoiled the value of human life. There're worst things that we should be hearing & witnessing in the forth coming years & that's what I expect.

Something that made me think, I witnessed a dead crow & saw about hundreds of crows gathered around its corpse in silence. I guess, we're getting worse than animals everyday & soon we should stop preaching "Man is a social element" & instead preach "Man is an anti-social element".
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:57   #33
MX6
Senior - BHPian

The Mundhwa bridge incident is supposed to have happened between 6 and 7 am. I know that bridge well. It's 2 mins from my place. And I drive that way every day to work. It's difficult for vehicles to speed on that bridge. I suspect the call centre taxis to be the culprit and not the truckers as stated in paper.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Here in US if people see an accident site, they stop their vehicle at an angle and place some kind of warning signs ahead so traffic can be diverted, until emergency services arrive. Rarely needed because emergency services are pretty quick. Second thing is nobody waits to "Watch" the scene because first nobody has time and second it obstructs the crew's work.

At least we can follow the first point of blocking the traffic and call police, the only thing is you never know how long it will be needed. If you were coming towards the accident site and stoped 50 ft ahead, It should not be difficult to show that you did not hit the person. The sad part is nobody looks for logic in such scenarios.

I have always wondered why we Indians are so religious, all our celebrations revolve around religion, and still we are a different animal when out on road (or anywhere else). no fearing god anymore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks