Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2005, 18:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

ring road drag.....accident

hey guys,
My friend gave me the info in school today that his bro smashed up his baleno while dragging with an accent.The cars are really screwed but fortunately nobody was hurt.
The baleno was smashed in the front,back and side and the the front right wheel is horizontal.The suspension spring thingy can be seen clearly.From the front,it is screwed!!.
The accent on the other hand was lying on the top of the the road divider and it too is totalled.
Both the drivers didnt hav licences and their cars were almost new(baleno-2 months,accent-2weeks).The bumpers of both the had broken and the lights were gone!!

This only shows how irresponsible people can be.
I will get the pics soon but as of now they are with the insurance guys...

PS-the baleno was screwing the accent.........
Old 25th October 2005, 18:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

thank God these guys didn't kill anyone.....

I've heard of accidents on the ring road being fatal also....

I've also heard that in the nights some crackpots pour oil on the ring road to cause an accident and then rob the passengers.... so CAREFUL ALL U GUYS !!!

well and thats wot you get for being irresponsible.... hard lesson learnt the costly way...

P.S. what's with the baleno driver? taking on an accent? Should learn to drag with cars that are equally fast.... poor accent.... lost the race and the car too...
Old 25th October 2005, 18:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
P.S. what's with the baleno driver? taking on an accent? Should learn to drag with cars that are equally fast.... poor accent.... lost the race and the car too...
I have a friend who drives a Alto VXi 1.1 .. he likes powerful cars ... and he was totally ignorant about the 'surprising' performance angle of the Baleno. It probably has the image of a laid back sedan to most people.
Old 25th October 2005, 19:05   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

holy s##t.. what were they thinking of..risking their lives and that of others too...i hope they learnt a lesson and will never try such a thing..so post the pics..it will be a reminder for a lot of us who have forgotten road racing is dangerous..
Old 25th October 2005, 19:14   #5
BHPian

Had the driver of the Accent been a member in Team-BHP, would have known straight that Accent is not as efficient as Baleno in performance (even without trying anything).... I am going to own a Accent in the coming week and I already know what is what.... Advantage of being a BHPian !!!! Cars are to be used for what it is best built for !!! Accent definitely is not built for performance (they neither claim it I guess).. trying any stunts with that machine wouldn't yield desired results...

but, one main thing... be it what ever car, shouldn't try all this risking the lives of innocent pedestrians.
Old 25th October 2005, 19:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Was this a black Baleno by any chance?? Because the other day i saw a black Baleno badly thrashed up. Like you said, the front wheel was at right angles to the car. The ring road is NOT an Autobahn. Why dont they get it??
Old 25th October 2005, 19:52   #7
Team-BHP Support

Inner ring road - during these rains = driving on a bed of marbles!
Old 25th October 2005, 20:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear that but, this will be the perfect learning lesson to both the drivers. Hope they'll be a lot more responsible by the time they get their DLs.

Shan2nu
Old 25th October 2005, 21:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

I also heard abt a Santro accident in with 3 college students were killed. It was sometime in Jan05. the car was completely damaged, crushed actually
Old 25th October 2005, 21:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

how many ever examples are provided these uneducated fools never learn the lesson.atleast we who read and hear about things like this are more careful and dont indulge in acts like these.waiting to see those pics.

drive safe guys

Rev
Old 25th October 2005, 23:54   #11
BHPian

seems like they were dragging towards each other!
Old 26th October 2005, 00:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi
seems like they were dragging towards each other!

HAHAHA..... couldn't help laughing at this comment....

neat one rishi.....
Old 26th October 2005, 09:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
Was this a black Baleno by any chance?? Because the other day i saw a black Baleno badly thrashed up. Like you said, the front wheel was at right angles to the car. The ring road is NOT an Autobahn. Why dont they get it??
yup it is a black baleno, top end model with beige stanley interiors.......stock
Old 4th November 2005, 08:56   #14
BHPian

what was the accents spec?the 1.5 accent would have been no match for the baleno. but the 1.6lt 103 bhp one would have been.
Old 4th November 2005, 10:20   #15
BHPian

Though it should be a sad moment. Reading all of your comments stir laughter in me.
I see humour being used very well here.

Should be 13 or 14 yr old guys. Aspiring to be Armaan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks