Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2005, 12:23   #1
Team-BHP Support

Red light honkers

I have a habit which people of noida(most of them) find annoying. I stop at red lights even if there is no cop.
Now in noida if its peak hours, the cars mostly obey the lights, with bikes doing the gung-ho act, and in mornings and late nights most people rush through as if lights do not exist.

Today morning at around 9ish the traffic was moderately heavy, and I am as usual stopping at red lights. I hear a squeak behind me which turns out to be a bike. This guy wants me to move forward around half a foot so he can squeeze by and jump the light. I pay no heed, but this guy anyways squeezes through.

The light turns green and I overtake this guy. He is doing barely 30-40kmph. I wonder why was he in a hurry. At the next junction the light is green but I anways start slowing down because that junctions is notorrious for jumpers, this guy is behind me and when the lights turn yellow and then red I stop. This guy is again irritated, honks me twice thrice and makes plans to jump the light. He does so, but soon after the light turns green again. I overtake him and at the next junction the light is red again. Now there is a cop too, so this guy comes and parks behind me. Since he can easily come to my side but stays behind, I guess his intention. He wants to take panga, i.e. honk when the light turns green, maybe his twisted mind can think of only this revenge. However he does not know that my mind is even more twisted.

The lights turn green, and as expected he squeeks a long burst. Not to be outdown, I growl and long long burst. This guy forgot that I am in a diesel car and when a diesel car whose silences has not been decarbonised for a long time revvs hard the end result is lots and lot of soot. After dumping the entire contents of my silencer on his trousers and some on his face too, I drive off. I can see him in my rear view mirror frantically waving his hands in front of his face. So next time you diesel heads have some moron honking behind you at lights, remember, "A diesel fart" is mightier than the "horn yell"
tsk1979 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th October 2005, 12:43   #2
BHPian

I am getting some kind of sadistic pleasure here. Because I hate all those bikers who thinks violating rules is their right. I feel like killing those who honk and go on the sidewalks regularly.
Old 26th October 2005, 13:09   #3
BHPian

Now, thats a good idea !!! I have the "bad" habit of stopping for red lights and being honked at. Most of the days I'd be fuming by the time I reach home/work...... now I know what I should be doing while I keep my cool

thanks for your post.... all you impatient honkers... here I come !!!
Old 26th October 2005, 13:14   #4
BANNED

Tsk, dude, you rule. That was one of the best "get back at them" stories I've heard in a long time!
Old 26th October 2005, 13:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
The light turns green and I overtake this guy. He is doing barely 30-40kmph. I wonder why was he in a hurry.
This is a common phenomena with taxi drivers too .. they want to be the first off signal , but then go at 30-40kmph ..

Maybe they play by strategy .. overtake only at pit stops and the conserve fuel so that they can last the race distance !
Old 26th October 2005, 14:50   #6
BHPian

Way to go TSK!

I'm sure the guy must be saying Tsk Tsk!

That was hilarious!
Old 26th October 2005, 15:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi
I'm sure the guy must be saying Tsk Tsk!

That was hilarious!
good one dude...

thats a very common thing of these bikers...they squeez their way through all the way infront of all the cars and when the signal starts they cruise at 40 kmph and mess up the traffic behind.

rev
Old 26th October 2005, 15:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Tsk, whould this diesel farting be occuring in a well tuned engine at all? I always thought it was the badly maintained engines that did that.
Old 26th October 2005, 15:51   #9
BHPian

This is hilarious! Nice write up. I've seen an RTC bus driver 'punish' an errant scooterist who had picked a panga the same way and it was fun to watch how he got his own back, after being at the receiving end of a very vociferous duo on the scooter.
Old 26th October 2005, 15:58   #10
Team-BHP Support

Badly maintained diesels let out "blue smoke". As for the black soot even mercs cant help that because of the quality of diesel which is supplied here. However if there is black smoke coming out continously thats a problem
In my indica if I do this high revving once and let out the soot, it takes a week for the soot to build up again. In a badly tuned engine you will see black-blue smoke continuously coming.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th October 2005 at 16:00.
Old 26th October 2005, 20:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

hahaha awesome man!!!! Nice going!!!!
Old 26th October 2005, 22:54   #12
Team-BHP Support

That was funny. These bikers push my buttons too, what irritates me most is the habit of cutting across in front of the car as though I am not moving. What if I can't brake in time... Then ofcourse it is the fault of the big car.
Old 26th October 2005, 23:10   #13
Senior - BHPian

lol, taht was funny.

and mate, i read somewher abt black smoke means good combustion. think i read with teh bio fuel news/thread in this forum
Old 26th October 2005, 23:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

This is one nice way to punish these brats.

I have a "good" habit of jumping/passing redlights if there's completely NO traffic. I feel its just sensible since traffic signals are for controlling traffic.
Old 28th October 2005, 18:25   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Lol,
nice way to unish these guys.
Same thing happens here in Mumbai. It sucks.
They go from any gap visible, damaging anypart of the car in their way and ontop of it, blaming the car driver.
Instead of overtaking them, elp them get to their final destinaltion faster by whacking the bike with the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks