Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 09:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Aaarrrgggghhh I want to cry.

Today morning on the way to drop my wife, my car met with an accident. I was behind a zen and he applied breaks, i did too but still hit the guy i was at about 30Kmph when all this happened, surprisingly on the zen, the rear bumper is pushed inside and that to a little bit. My front bumper is gone, right headlingt and indicators are gone, bonnet got bent in the middle, front grill is gone knowing its a mitsu, i am expecting atleast a 10k bill. And all this happend when i just got new alloys on the car. It being a 10 year old the insurance company denied comphrensive this year and i took a 3rd party, now this is even more frustrating as i will have to foot the whole bill.

Pramod
Old 7th June 2010, 09:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear Pramod; just keep moving on or take some time to repair them. Consider this as lucky as the Zen guy didn't fight with you over the road or file any FIR to cause additional headaches. Just keep moving.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Sad to hear Pramod; just keep moving on or take some time to repair them. Consider this as lucky as the Zen guy didn't fight with you over the road or file any FIR to cause additional headaches. Just keep moving.

I finally told wife(who hates me whan i put money on the car) The spending on the car is over and it is what i want it to be. Tough luck.

Surprisingly the zen was ok. And he gave me a lecture on how to do highway driving . Then he was like see the damage on my car, i was like , where is the damage, its my car which is damaged, the bonnet is stuck so could not see the damage under the hood, since the car was running fine i hope there is none.

Pramod
Old 7th June 2010, 09:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I finally told wife(who hates me whan i put money on the car) The spending on the car is over and it is what i want it to be. Tough luck.
Be it American, Indian, Chinese, Singapore, HK, Malaysia & whatever, which Wife does like?

Quote:
Surprisingly the zen was ok. And he gave me a lecture on how to do highway driving .
Highway driving over a accident in city
Old 7th June 2010, 09:38   #5
BHPian

Sad to hear about your accident Pramod. Hope there is nothing more than a lecture he has given you.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Life is so unfair! I just finished reading your restoration thread and now this! But you took a conscious decision to keep the car just on 3rd party insurance, knowing the cost of repair and spares. I would never dare to keep any car other than may be a Premier Padmini without comprehensive cover.

Any damage to the Zen (if he was also on just 3rd party cover) would have complicated the matter for you. Put it behind you and move on.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Pramod, Sad to know about that. But even at 30KMPH, a lot can happen. Thank god everyone is safe, car can be repaired.

For me, this is the third one in past two days. I posted about one in Lalbagh parking and my palio also got some scratch and dent during some maintenence in company basement parking :(

Last edited by jacs : 7th June 2010 at 09:50.
Old 7th June 2010, 10:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the accident. Re: the damage, this is always the case. The front end of modern cars are designed to absorb the impact and crumble away. And the rear end of a Zen is just bumper -> solid steel frame.

Why didn't you take comprehensive from another company?

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 7th June 2010 at 10:09.
Old 7th June 2010, 10:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! That must have hurt. Sorry to hear about it. Hopefully there was no fluid leaking after the accident?
Which insurance company is it that refused comprehensive insurance?
Old 7th June 2010, 10:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Be it American, Indian, Chinese, Singapore, HK, Malaysia & whatever, which Wife does like?
Quote:

So its a global phenomina?
Highway driving over a accident in city
Surprisingly yes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Life is so unfair! I just finished reading your restoration thread and now this! But you took a conscious decision to keep the car just on 3rd party insurance, knowing the cost of repair and spares. I would never dare to keep any car other than may be a Premier Padmini without comprehensive cover.

Any damage to the Zen (if he was also on just 3rd party cover) would have complicated the matter for you. Put it behind you and move on.
True, now thing is he was furious initially but the way i acted made the whole change in his attitude, the first thing i did was to ask him if every one in the car was ok? then i inspected his damage and finally looked at my car, which actually helped me to kool him down

The decission to go 3rd party was based on the fact that the insurer was charging almost twice than last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Pramod, Sad to know about that. But even at 30KMPH, a lot can happen. Thank god everyone is safe, car can be repaired.

For me, this is the third one in past two days. I posted about one in Lalbagh parking and my palio also got some scratch and dent during some maintenence in company basement parking :(
I am moving on already, look at the best part, now i might get an evo 4 bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Sad to hear about your accident Pramod. Hope there is nothing more than a lecture he has given you.
Nothing, he did not even give me a lecture as i looked at his car and then myu car and said solid car booss .
Old 7th June 2010, 10:33   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Hard luck. Sad to hear that.. Where did this happen?
Old 7th June 2010, 10:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about this Pramod, that too just after you installed the new alloys after a lot of trouble.

Try to get comprehensive insurance from another company, you might get one if you agree for a higher premium. Check with Rjvora.

Quote:
Surprisingly the zen was ok. And he gave me a lecture on how to do highway driving . Then he was like see the damage on my car, i was like , where is the damage, its my car which is damaged,
Pramod
Eventhough the damage on the Zen looks negligible, its almost definite that the metal behind the bumper has taken a hit and bent inwards, but of course not as bad as yours. Bumper pops out after the impact, so Zen owner will never know unless he checks.
Old 7th June 2010, 10:48   #13
Team-BHP Support

While its definitely a bad thing that happened for you, is it not a worse thing for the guy you hit.

IMHO, He is entitled to feeling very upset and giving u as much advice as he wants.

If not for anything but to let off his steam.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
While its definitely a bad thing that happened for you, is it not a worse thing for the guy you hit.

IMHO, He is entitled to feeling very upset and giving u as much advice as he wants.

+1 to that!

@Pramod
How did it happen at 30 KPH? Were you looking away momentarily, or tailgating him at a higher speed and applied brake, but still could not avoid rear ending at 30 KPH, perhaps?
Old 7th June 2010, 11:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Sorry to hear about this Pramod, that too just after you installed the new alloys after a lot of trouble.

Try to get comprehensive insurance from another company, you might get one if you agree for a higher premium. Check with Rjvora.

Eventhough the damage on the Zen looks negligible, its almost definite that the metal behind the bumper has taken a hit and bent inwards, but of course not as bad as yours. Bumper pops out after the impact, so Zen owner will never know unless he checks.
I will try changing my insurer after i fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
is it not a worse thing for the guy you hit.

Hey read my posts properly, i have paid more attention to his car than mine, no where did i mention its his fault, your post will now change the entire mood of this thread with people giving me free gyan. sorry for being upfront but i did what i could to help him, i offered to foot the bill if he had losses, he just said its ok looking at my damage.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks