Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 00:00   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: R-I-P Vtec (1677). Farewell, dear friend

Bumping this old thread.

Wanted to know what happened to the car? felt very bad reading all this.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:05   #92
BHPian

re: R-I-P Vtec (1677). Farewell, dear friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Bumping this old thread.

@sumeethaldankar: Thanks for your thoughts Sumeet! Apologies for the delayed response, wasn't expecting a post on this thread!

I'd to sell the car in as-was condition to a used car dealer in Chembur. He'd said that he'd be repairing it to resell it, don't know if that happened.

Let me know if you do see an OHC bearing reg# 'MH 04 BQ 1677' .

Mods: Hope the reg details are not a problem as it is already posted in older threads.
Old 15th March 2013, 09:17   #93
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: R-I-P Vtec (1677). Farewell, dear friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
BHPian JatinPatel just wrote on my BHP Garage:

Quote:
GTO Your ex VTEC is repaired now, and some family bloke has bought it see it frequently in andheri-bandra area,
Repairs are done superbly no one can tell what it was before!
While it feels good to know that she is back on the road, I have serious concerns over the safety & structural integrity of that car. It was best scrapped after the concrete slab fell on it. There is no way this car will drive properly, or protect its occupants in a crash.

As it is, the first-gen City was built of potato chip metal. This car is just bad news now.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 10:18   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

While it feels good to know that she is back on the road, I have serious concerns over the safety & structural integrity of that car. It was best scrapped after the concrete slab fell on it. There is no way this car will drive properly, or protect its occupants in a crash.

As it is, the first-gen City was built of potato chip metal. This car is just bad news now.
I am shocked to read this. It should not have been put on road, the whole build of the car was destroyed.

It was not a concrete slab that fell on it. It was a huge boulder from the hill that floored it and broke in pieces after falling on it scattering all over in our building's backyard. I had posted some snaps on the accidents thread of the same having seen it personally how it was.

Kindly advice whoever dealt with it and got it for the utmost safety for self and occupants. I would have imagined it was scrapped altogether for recycling except for the engine doing the rounds of the seconds market. Seriously, this is indeed bad news and hope the best for it drivers and occupants if they are indeed driving it.

Last edited by parsh : 15th March 2013 at 10:20.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 11:58   #95
Senior - BHPian

It would be a good idea to inform the family chap who bought this rebuilt car, about its history and share with him the damage pics if possible.
Atleast we can warn him about how dangerous his ride is
Old 15th March 2013, 23:13   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

OMG!! I am literally shaking while I write this post! How in god's name can it be repaired? As much as I am concerned about the guy who bought it, I can't stop myself from getting nostalgic all over again! I hope the guy does a dekko of this thread and takes some corrective action.

Most Viewed