Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 22:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
Walking is a RIGHT - ALL living creatures from the time earth was created.
That was until roads and automobiles were created. On roads, walking is not a right, except on pedestrian crosses.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

I witnessed this incident in mulund. I was standing with a friend of mine when i suddenly hear a loud screech. i look around to find a rickshaw had a head on collision with a white scorpio. Now, this is a 2 lane road only & this rickshaw was on the wrong side of the road when the shunt happened. he was trying to overtake a wagon R who was trying to find a parking, miscalculated the speed of the oncoming scorpio & bang! so it was clearly the rick driver who was at fault, but this is india!

all the rick drivers team up & starts shouting & hurling abuses at the scorpio owner & starts banging/hitting the scorpio's door & bonnet shouting at the driver to come out. now here comes our hero- the scorpio driver! the driver's door open, a middle aged, pot bellied guy exits wearing a pristine white shirt & a cream pant with shiny black shoes. a big gold chain complementing a thick gold bracelet & around 4-5 gold rings on his fingers!!!

now, one of the rick driver (not the one whose rick was involved in the accident) pushed out hero slightly, raised his hand to hit him, started giving all the hindi abuses he knew (the nasty ones) & gave hit him on his shoulder. when this happened, me & my friend rushed to help this guy, but a hero does not need the support of side actors! even before we could reach the scene, i saw the rick driver again raising his hand to hit our hero but this time our hero instead caught his hand & twisted it behind. the rick driver who was showing his heroism till then winced in pain! then what i saw was absolutely shocking! with full force, the scorpio driver slapped the rick driver right on his face. infact that sound was more than the car's screech! next i saw was that rick driver was on the ground & all his fellow rick drivers/supporters moved two feet behind, obviously startled & scared by now! i think the rick driver could see stars by then! his friends tried to lift him up but he was in such a state of shock that he could not stand properly, he was swaying left & right.

now our hero caught the collar of this same rick driver & now it was our hero's turn to hurl abuses, the best ones in hindi i have ever heard! the primary question he asked was who was this guy to hit him & abuse him when it was not his rick which was involved in the shunt?! nobody had an answer & i could see that the driver was very terrified & the same mouth which said "teri *** ki, teri ***** ki" few mins back was now saying "sorry saab, maaf karo, sorry". but our hero was adamant & dragged him to the back of the safari & pushed him into the boot. he was taking him to the cops to let them handle the situation.

he then called the rick driver whose rick was involved in the shunt to come with him to the station to file a FIR. but obvious, the rick driver politely refused to do so, so sweet of him!!! our hero gave him some cash to repair his rick (even though it was not his fault). the only damage to the rick was a broken headlight & front mudguard. the scorpio had no visible damage. meanwhile the other rick drivers pleaded our hero to let go the other rick driver who was by now about to cry. the scorpio driver let him go with a small warning.

Outcome: the scorpio driver zoomed off with his head high, the rick driver whose rick was involved in the shunt got his compensation & the hero rick driver sat on the footpath, with the hands on his head, a red cheek & a bruised ego.

Moral of the story: In such a situation, never let others overpower you. If you are wrong, admit it before things turn ugly & do the needful.
Old 25th June 2010, 23:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good job done by the Scorpio driver.Serves the rick drivers right. There are those characters who think its their moral responsibility to fight for the rights of fellow rick drivers, whether or not the latter's at fault.
In this case, the 'red cheek-shattered ego' rick driver needed to get this treatment. And all said and done, a noble deed by the 'hero' to compensate someone who created the mess in the 1st place.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
The "lady" victim part is not always so.

This was from my last bike accident way back in 2006.
Was coming home from office on my Rx-Z a lady on a scooty (coming the opposite way) thought it was fun to cut me off without indicating.

I braked and tried to avoid her, grazed her scooty and fell down. My left palm took the brunt and was bleeding. The other chaps on the road who saw this was scolding the lady for her crazy action. Another chap got me some water and go my hand cleaned up. I was shaken but, I even asked the lady if she was allright and needed to go to any hospital. But she was just shocked and did't even fell down. Other blokes offered to take me to a hospital and get an auto and what not.

I thanked all the chaps and went on my way home.

This happened in Chennai on my KL reg bike.

PS : Physique don't matter, I'm a "thin" guy.
I would say you are very lucky, especially going through that on a KL bike, that too in Chennai and on top of that being in an accident involving a lady. I should seriously consider moving to that place next time i shift.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
I would say you are very lucky, especially going through that on a KL bike, that too in Chennai and on top of that being in an accident involving a lady. I should seriously consider moving to that place next time i shift.
Yup, lucky. But all the chaps who helped me also saw how it happened and if it wasn't for my antics the lady would have been hurt pretty bad (my bike probably would have hit on the side of the scooty or worse her leg). At the end of it all I was the one who fell down and was bleeding so the way I was treated was only fair.

I do agree Chennai was a whole lot better back then now sadly its not.
So hold the "moving" plans
Old 30th June 2010, 19:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Walking is a RIGHT - ALL living creatures from the time earth was created.
You're absolutely right; lets start walking on the railway tracks when there's a train fast approaching or at the runway when the flight is about to land & show our hands to stop while we cross.

Quote:
Today it was simple rowdyism, tomorrow some1 like thieves etc might launch planned attack.
Already started. Go through mugging in Bangalore thread & how eggs are being thrown on car's windshield on Mumbai-Pune highway

Quote:
This happened in Chennai on my KL reg bike.
PS : Physique don't matter, I'm a "thin" guy.
And probably the lady wasn't so good looking

Quote:
I do agree Chennai was a whole lot better back then now sadly its not
Well, it depends the place & whom you hit. If the guy is a localite, you hit him in his place & the mistake is hi, chances are that you're going to pay still. But if it were a completely strange place for both of you, chances are who did the mistake & who has upper hand. Yes I do agree, it used to be lot better back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
That was until roads and automobiles were created. On roads, walking is not a right, except on pedestrian crosses.
+10000; on a tarmac preference is for moving vehicles except on pedestrian crossing. On private areas such as any campus priority is for pedestrian as well as vehicles, however the vehicles needs to be careful enough not to knock down people walking

@Raj_5004 - That was a wonderful incident that you shared. I absolutely loved reading. Here's something to share from my end

Happened to my friend few years ago in front of Doshi appts near Ega theatre. My friend was riding along the road & some guy who's resident of the appt casually entered into the main road in his Splendour without noticing my friend & hit him. The hit was so hard that my friend was thrown out of his motorcycle & hit the footpath & had a fracture on hand as his elbow was swelling. Moment this happened, folks from the appts rushed around the spot & were supporting the appt guy. My friend was left helpless until a elderly looking gentleman who witnessed the situation sitting in a car asked my friend to stay in the car took control of the situation. Just imagine the argument on the road, this elderly gentleman versus the entire people from the appt, say about 30+ shouting at my friend & the elderly gentleman finding fault with my friend, supporting the appt guy & demand money.

After 5-10 minutes, the cops arrived at the spot & entire scenario changed upside down. First thing the cops did were to recognize & saluted the elderly gentleman, who was a famous criminal lawyer at Chennai HC. All those 30 odd people from appt slipped away from the scene gradually & the guy was immediately taken to Kilpauk police station without any questions & my friend to hospital.

Last edited by aargee : 30th June 2010 at 19:38.
Old 30th June 2010, 19:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
And probably the lady wasn't so good looking
Me and the lady had Helmets so... that is kinda pointless to ask.
But does it make a difference Ganesh ?
Old 30th June 2010, 19:56   #23
BHPian

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

I don't mean this literally (striking), however in some circumstances it can apply.

If you are right, you are right. Show some balls and you'll see theirs start to shrink.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:07   #24
BHPian

Dejavu sorry to hear about your 2 experiences. I am not a well built person aswell, but my solution to such nuisance that we face in bangalore is you start yelling and hitting before anybody else then you have a better chance of not getting bullied over, the police here are useless if you call them.

I had a similar situation when my 2-wheller was hit by a call center tata sumo from the back though i did not fall down my tail light broke. I got down from my bike and was talking with sumo driver about getting it replaced and this traffic cop present there was just standing and watching the fun. Then another cab driver got down and tried to shoo me away. I first told him to mind his own business. Then he started abusing me and started blaming me for braking suddenly for a signal, so i gave him one proper hit with my helmet on his face and that guy started running from there And even the cab driver who hit me agreed to replacing my tail light immediately.
Moral of the story, people step over you if you let them, so don't give them a chance.

Last edited by rocky080 : 30th June 2010 at 20:18.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:09   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Good job done by the Scorpio driver.Serves the rick drivers right. There are those characters who think its their moral responsibility to fight for the rights of fellow rick drivers, whether or not the latter's at fault.
In this case, the 'red cheek-shattered ego' rick driver needed to get this treatment. And all said and done, a noble deed by the 'hero' to compensate someone who created the mess in the 1st place.
Only point on that would be : If for a minute all the Rick guys had ganged up and come back at the Scoprio guy, things would have gotten ugly! Group/Crowd dynamics always turn ugly.

But I do agree what the Scorpio guy did was right. We also need to be observant on on the gravity of unruly elements.
Old 30th June 2010, 22:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

@ ampere: in such cases, even the rick drivers would think that the scorpio guy is someone damn rich or influential (even if he is not), else he wont hit the rick driver like this! so nobody would dare do or say anything.

so, i feel take control of the situation yourself before others need to.
Old 30th June 2010, 22:28   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ ampere: in such cases, even the rick drivers would think that the scorpio guy is someone damn rich or influential (even if he is not),
That is a very good point! No one else then will dare. As you rightly say:

"Meek shall never rule the earth".
Old 30th June 2010, 22:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Only point on that would be : If for a minute all the Rick guys had ganged up and come back at the Scoprio guy, things would have gotten ugly! Group/Crowd dynamics always turn ugly.

But I do agree what the Scorpio guy did was right. We also need to be observant on on the gravity of unruly elements.
Absolutely, it would have been a rather bad thing if the Scoprio guy was cornered.Given the way these auto drivers behave,it doesn't take too long for one of them to get unruly and wreck havoc. That would be a good time to get some backup rather than call the cops,who'd just stand and watch the fun.
Old 30th June 2010, 22:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
in such cases, even the rick drivers would think that the scorpio guy is someone damn rich or influential (even if he is not),
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No one else then will dare. As you rightly say:
I'm sure that guy was influential too. Just think about a real influential guy in a old M800, no ornaments in any fingers or no stout but a lean looking figure. Every passer by will dare to kick him!!!

But still I would agree that, it is important to take control on the situation before someone else does that may or may not include physically assault.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Once going to office in bike with my wife, in rush traffic, it happened that my Bike handle touched a girls scooty handle. The girl tried to slap me and hit on my helmet without any kind of provocation or any damage to her or her scooter. My wife who was sitting in rear got down and hold that girl hair and gave some blows. And this girl shouted help.. help.. police.. police... She should have done same thing with many alone guys and crowd would have supported her, But this time she was unlucky that i too had girl power behind me. Not a single moron crowd uttered a word and she had to speed away with my wife kept on scolding and threatening her. I purposely did not do anything knowing mentality of the crowd(trying to be hero before girl).

Most Viewed