Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 23:42   #16
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I think you over reacted a lot. Driving to catch up with an offender with a pregnant wife at 90 kph? You caused her more harm than the other guy who might have just scraped the side of your car.
Seems your wife didn't know you punched his face, and is feeling proud of you. If she reads this, then imagine what's going to run in her mind, coupled with pre-natal blues. Never let your wife get this thought during pregnancy and after it for a few years - "My husband bashes".
Sorry. Don't want to rub it in, but then if you really cared about your wife and your unborn, stay away from these kinds of morons. Throw them an abuse from the confines of your car and go back to your jokes.
And lastly, congrats to you and your wife. Cherish these moments of pre-parturition parenthood in a nice way!

Let me repeat. Domestic violence during pregnancy is a major crime in west. This is because, it leaves a lasting impact on the lady. So no female would like to see her husband bashing anyone or even getting to hear of such instances at times like this. There are a million things that runs in their minds at times like this and all they want now in their husband is a caring and soft person.

Last edited by MX6 : 12th July 2010 at 23:45.
Old 13th July 2010, 00:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post

2. Was this rage? Where was this, havent seen it after my school days?
3, What did I do? I actually chased a moron/maniac and taught him a lesson but at what cost? he could have hit my car when I tried stopping him?

Whom do i listen? My mind or heart?
What would you do?
This was road rage.

In matters of anger it is always better to listen to Head. Violence never pays. No matter how we justify it. Never ever pays.

These things happen. Move on in life. Its anyways too short to be wasted on idiots.

Reminds me of that Water Tanker which hit my car on left flank. They were teenagers without any driving license. Wanted to hit them but was it of any use?

As The Joker in Dark Knight says, "You nice people have got so much to lose"

Last edited by download2live : 13th July 2010 at 00:29. Reason: added more info
Old 13th July 2010, 01:01   #18
BHPian

What you did had the following consequences:

1.You wife forgot her stress and cheered up since you taught that idiot a lesson.

2.The idiot learnt a lesson that he won't forget for a long long time. Hopefully, he won't endanger any more people's lives on the road.You don't realise it but you have potentially prevented more accidents from happening in the future.

3.The other drivers got a piece of the action.

4.You got swollen fingers, but that's a relatively a small price to pay, don't you think?
Old 13th July 2010, 01:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post

1.You wife forgot her stress and cheered up since you taught that idiot a lesson.

2.The idiot learnt a lesson that he won't forget for a long long time. Hopefully, he won't endanger any more people's lives on the road.You don't realise it but you have potentially prevented more accidents from happening in the future.

4.You got swollen fingers, but that's a relatively a small price to pay, don't you think?
No offense, but, it could have turned the other way around if the driver was hefty and drunk. More trauma to wife. I would advise to be careful with the wife around,now, and use discretion later.
Old 13th July 2010, 01:29   #20
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post

And wait till the beaten up guy approaches the cops. Guess, it's best that this thread is locked and cleaned up. There's a nice confession up here by Madbullram.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
No offense, but, it could have turned the other way around if the driver was hefty and drunk. More trauma to wife. I would advise to be careful with the wife around,now, and use discretion later.

Exactly my point. Letting out anger will invite more trouble. What if the Accent driver put the car in first and floored the throttle ? The accent would rear end thread starter's car. I remember one incidence of some airport where one person was similarly dragged after driver of one car started driving.

And most of the times, these guys drive around friend's of theirs. Best is to avoid confrontation with these people, specially when you are carrying family around. Yesterday, our M800 was hit by a bike and Santro in A'bad ( visited A'bad for college inquiry, etc. ). Decided not to fight as my mom is against it and my mom really gets tense when I am angry. I there was only me in the car, I would retaliate, but not with family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
And wait till the beaten up guy approaches the cops. Guess, it's best that this thread is locked and cleaned up. There's a nice confession up here by Madbullram.
Agreed. Best is to lock this thread IMHO.
Old 13th July 2010, 09:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ram I may be late in saying this but what you did was not correct IMHO. You let the beast in you overtake the normal self. Just imagine if you would have got hurt in this process however small or little what would have been the plight of your wife and that too in state where she is carrying.

If you had fallen down or something unthinkable would have happened, what would your wife do, whom does she call for help? Would she take care of you or herself. Many questions my friend, answer's only one. Keep your calm.

Seems like a lecture but it is true. Maybe street experiences esp reading on T BHP has made me never engage in a duel be it words or physical on a busy roads, there's always a third person to take advantage of the situation.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

This is exactly what road rage is. I feel your wife was more endangered by your act than by that of the accent guy, who is a moron no doubt. It could easily have gone bad, or resulted in a rear end collision at the minimum.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:46   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
What would you do?
I would have given him 2 more punches

Proud of you. I hardly find people man enough to do this. Your situation was risky because of your wife, but alls well that ends well. Prime motive was to keep your wife unaffected, and that's what happened. Forget the IFs and BUTs.

Hats OFF..! Not an easy thing to do. I bet only 5% of the people giving you suggestions here would be able to do this but 95% would be wanting to do this.

There are many comments above talking about the risk involved for your wife, but FRANKLY speaking, you are man enough and whatever the situation would be, you could have handled it and get your wife unaffected.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 13th July 2010 at 23:51.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
I hardly find people man enough ...I bet only 5% of the people giving you suggestions here would be able to do this but 95% would be wanting to do this.
No offense but the irony is:
A real man is he, who can control his anger.
Old 14th July 2010, 00:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

You over-reacted. Period.

But, thankfully, you are fine. Just bury this incident and keep moving. Look forward to the young one. All the best.
Old 14th July 2010, 00:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

I can't believe you did this with your wife around. And that too in a pregnant state. You were very lucky you got away scot-free. More often than not, in such cases tables can turn on you. You can't imagine how far these things can go. There have been cases of people being chased, shot at and killed for something as small as honking. That is road rage. Road rage is the only phenomenon where complete strangers can kill each other in a fit of rage. The golden rule is, never leave the safety of your car. Roll down your window and let loose a few invectives ( if you have to, to let off some steam ) and then speed off.

You will be shocked to see the number of nasty and rowdy motorists on our roads. And with the advent of cell phones, a goon's buddies are just a call away and they will descend on you before even you know it. God forbid if that happens. Also if you fight with some moron, you will carry that bitterness home with you and it will stay with you for a few days and in those few days your near and dear ones will be facing your screwed mood.

However, if you still want to deliver the roadside justice, like you did, then build your muscles like a WWF champ, buy an SUV and fill it with half a dozen WWF champ like guys, hand them baseball bats and you are in business. No one will mess with you anymore. But when that happens, God save others from you.

Last edited by pgsagar : 14th July 2010 at 00:37.
Old 14th July 2010, 00:43   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
No offense but the irony is:
A real man is he, who can control his anger.
Yes ofcourse. Have seen all the brave men doing it

I think he did control his anger by not killing the dude for his deed. A few well deserved punches served the purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
You will be shocked to see the number of nasty and rowdy motorists on our roads. And with the advent of cell phones, a goon's buddies are just a call away and they will descend on you before even you know it.
Not a matter for a brave man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Also if you fight with some moron, you will carry that bitterness home with you and it will stay with you for a few days and in those few days your near and dear ones will be facing your screwed mood.
That depends on the individual's personality.

Last edited by bblost : 14th July 2010 at 20:47. Reason: Check PM sent with infraction. Thanks.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th July 2010, 01:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

@Ranjan - I was definitely expecting this answer from you for the kind of experience that you've underwent with the drunken two-wheeler guy. Anyway, you received a lot of appreciations on that for remaining calm, but here I see an entirely different opinion that you'r giving.

When with your family, its best to keep mouth shut 'cause you don't know the other guy is good or bad; on public, its best sharing the road & maintain friendliness.
Old 14th July 2010, 02:33   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Ranjan - I was definitely expecting this answer from you for the kind of experience that you've underwent with the drunken two-wheeler guy. Anyway, you received a lot of appreciations on that for remaining calm, but here I see an entirely different opinion that you'r giving.

When with your family, its best to keep mouth shut 'cause you don't know the other guy is good or bad; on public, its best sharing the road & maintain friendliness.
I agree staying calm works almost all the time. I stayed calm in the drunken two-wheeler incident because it was me against all, I mean 1:100. I better stay calm at such situation (It did hurt my ego, and I was depressed for around 1 month for being so impotent)

Similar thing happened when I was travelling from Jamshedpur to Bihar. An auto driver hit my car from behind in Patna and then started honking to let him ahead. I was with my Dad, Jiju and sister and noone allowed me to step out of the car. Probably I will gain the same thinking when am married and set to the same lay back attitude. Until then, if I face a 1 on 1, I will surely teach lessons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks