Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo8 View Post
I would call this arrogance. Do I support the officer because he is making his stand clear.. Or Do I Support the lady for abusing the officer who would have taken a raid on normal people like us.
I saw the video being aired yesterday & I don't think the argument the girl was having was with a Police Officer - I thought it was with a Media reporter?

Anyway, "arrogance" was overflowing in the conversation, no doubt about that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
The behaviour of the car occupants was altogether boorish and offensive. And it did not help cool the matters when the girl gestured & said - "do kaudi ke aadmi".
Couldn't have put it better

Last edited by suman : 2nd August 2010 at 15:58.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:05   #17
Team-BHP Support

I saw the pics of the car in the newspaper. Reports say it was doing 120kmph. But from the pics the damage to the car does not appear to be 120kmph damage.
I have seen some heavy vehicle crashes at 90-100kmph, and the damage to the vehicle is much more than what was in the pics.
Either the passat is a bullet proof vehicle kinda solid, or more realistically, it was doing around 50-60kmph when it crashed into the truck.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Either the passat is a bullet proof vehicle kinda solid, or more realistically, it was doing around 50-60kmph when it crashed into the truck.
No idea what speeds that car was doing but the Passat is pretty solid Tanveer - European build quality & all that.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
If someone drives into a stationery object wherever it is it is their fault*. If they didn't see it, they were driving too fast or not looking in the right direction.
Slightly OT, but what about those trucks parked almost in the middle of our highways at night with no tail lamps on!
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

You have your headlights on? You're driving slow enough to stop within the range they illuminate? Then no problems and no collision. What about those unlit barriers the police put across the roads, just to make sure we are put at risk? Much harder to see than a truck.
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wow I am amazed to see the cops behaving like unuchs. I am damn sure had this been in Mumbai, the cops would have thrashed the ones making noise then bothered about political clout later.
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:58   #22
BHPian

Yes, as Suman has menitoned, those people are arguing with / abusing the media. if you listen to the report, the first sentence makes it clear. I dont think no matter which Indian state, the police will stand down and tolerate this kind of behaviour.
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I saw the pics of the car in the newspaper. Reports say it was doing 120kmph. But from the pics the damage to the car does not appear to be 120kmph damage.
Again the news is just speculating. Its like the normal news we read everyday "Speeding Techie Kills Cyclist". What speed was the techie doing 20 kmph .

Quote:
I saw the video being aired yesterday & I don't think the argument the girl was having was with a Police Officer - I thought it was with a Media reporter?
@Suman my mistake. Yep that was the Media. Again what are they going go to get poking their nose in this incident. If they drive on the highways they could get more deadly/Juicy accidents, Still Its the money factor (Rich Kids) that matters.

OT : Why does not Media threaten Bajrang Dal, I'm sure they do not have the Guts to talk back, but interview them to provide their views after the rampage.

Again Accidents are bound to happen.In a country like India, every other corner people are drunk while driving. Which is anyways wrong, For all possible reasons the driver may not have been drunk. I think the Media is just being arrogant, because they could not get Juicy story they wanted. I would have abused the Media, for their running recklessy to get any juicy story by invading the private lives of people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks