Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 12:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Not sure why should one switch to left lane in case there's a gap in median.

EDIT - on second thoughts, maybe in our context it makes sense to switch to left lane if there's a gap in median to ensure no vehicle suddenly pops/juts out to take a right/U-turn.. makes sense..
Correct!

I always play it safe by easing in to the middle lane when I notice a break in the median ahead of me. Just so as not to be surprised by a darting bike/cycle/pedestrian, leave alone a car. Very useful, especially on the highways where the hedge obstructs your view of what is on the other side.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

A clear case of right turn/U turn taken in a hurry. No fault on Estilo side other than possible over speeding.Every one love their cars. But no point in trying to track down the other car when you yourself have a big role in the incident.The fact that the car got both front and rear ended means neither the estilo nor the truck driver could anticipate what the car was going to do.

Last edited by poloman : 9th August 2010 at 13:13.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:09   #33
BHPian

how can you say no fault of ZEN estilo
1) over speeding ( impact on fiat, vehicle twisted a bit because of brake lock says that, if you hit fiat with less than 20kmph speed result wont be this damage. he was definately speeding 80kmph+ once he applied sudden brake brake locked and hit the fiat at 30-40kmph. as he hit the egde of the fiat, and the fiat wheels were already turned towards right fiat moved a bit and zen estilo guy got the way to escape)

2)isn't driving at wrong side of the road offence?

3)he has not slowed down even after finding a crossing.

4)he has not shift his lane by slowing down to avoid collision, there was no traffic beside or behind him. he has shifted his lane immediately after hitting, he could have done that before.

5)Hit and run is the biggest offence

6) if he hasn't commit any mistakes, having damage to his vehicle, nobody tries to escape(this shows he is a offender)

Sujith is a well experienced driver, this is the first ever accident he had in his life, he maintains all his cars and bikes without a single scratch on it. in fact his car is pilot car in fiat club rallies, as he follows all the traffic rules and regulations perfectly.not only sujith, any vehicle will poke to the other lane to find the oncoming traffic except omnis. he just poked 1.5-2 feet to the other lane, and its common to all. he showed stop signal to truck and put the indicator towards right.

Well this thread is not to discuss whose fault it is. intention of this thread to seek a help to find the Zen Estilo, dear friends, please inform your mechanics and service station about the golden beige Zen estilo with L board and damaged right part, he could note only KA-03 (belongs to indiranagar RTO) once we catch the Zen estilo then the truth comes out whose fault it is. please help in finding him, we will also help when somebody is in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Hain!!!!!!! What makes you say that mate? Suggest you please look at the illustrative pic and video posted on previous page.

Apparently for no fault of his..

You don't seiously mean that - do you? One has no business to be behind the wheels on public roads if such judgment is lacking!!

And even if the opposite side fellow can not judge the car for lack of skills/anticipation - whatever, is it safe to make your vehicle jut in the path of oncoming traffic? And if someone does that, who is to be blamed in case of an accident like this?

As DieselAddikt also mentioned, if fiat is hit by two vehicles - both from front and rear - then probably it is a fault which lies elsewhere and not with the estilo/lorry.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

This Zen Estilo was speeding, hit the Fiat, with quite a major damage to the Estilo, he still sped away.

Rules are one thing everyone has to follow. Not following a rule is a big offense. This is a hit and run. What if the inmates had suffered injuries? The Estilo for whatever he might be thinking should have stopped after the accident. Forget whose mistake it was. Atleast to check if anyone was hurt/first aid, he should have stopped. This makes him an offender. You may want to check what the rules state, but my niche says its an offense. This is a terrible attitude. He would continue doing the same. He might bang many cyclists or pedastrians in the near future.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

1) over speeding ( impact on fiat, vehicle twisted a bit because of brake lock says that, if you hit fiat with less than 20kmph speed result wont be this damage. he was definately speeding 80kmph+ once he applied sudden brake brake locked and hit the fiat at 30-40kmph. as he hit the egde of the fiat, and the fiat wheels were already turned towards right fiat moved a bit and zen estilo guy got the way to escape)
How will you evaluate the speed of a car coming straight unless you have a radar. Many on the thread has indicated the right of way for the Estilo.
2)isn't driving at wrong side of the road offence? No idea what you meant

3)he has not slowed down even after finding a crossing.
It is not mandated by law to slow down on all median gaps. Only approaching main junctions you have to slow down.

4)he has not shift his lane by slowing down to avoid collision, there was no traffic beside or behind him. he has shifted his lane immediately after hitting, he could have done that before.
Slowing down or braking is the right thing to do in such occasions.

Sujith is a well experienced driver, this is the first ever accident he had in his life, he maintains all his cars and bikes without a single scratch on it. .
common man..! every one can have a bad day on the road.
Rather than ranting about Estilo please take the car to a good body shop and get it fixed with insurance.

Last edited by poloman : 9th August 2010 at 13:38.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

For any old car, you could forget about the Insurance thing. All old cars would generally have 3rd party insurance and no one can help on it.

May be the insurance thing made the Estilo guy run away. Even though it is a major damage, he might cough up just a couple of thousands and make the car like a brand new one.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:49   #37
BHPian

Dear Polo please read my last post, this thread is not to argue whose fault it is, this thread is to seek help finding the offender. lets take if all is not offence, why estilo guy ran away? Dont you know hit and run is biggest offence in traffic laws? s
peed can be evaluated with the impact dear that might not be accurate but it is approximate speed.
if majority on the thread what says do you go with it? lets take after few posts many agree its zen's fault, then you go with it?
if you dont know what is right side and wrong side of the road, then no can help it.
how can you tell this "It is not mandated by law to slow down on all median gaps" Do you drive cars with driving license?
Thats what i said, he should have slowed down than applying sudden brakes. even i get many surprises at median gaps everyday, that doesn't mean any one can hit pedestrians, cyclist or any other vehicle poking and run away.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:00   #38
BHPian

@revvinhard - I would again insist that you get the facts right.

However, you are right on one thing for sure - we are not here to find out whose fault it is. However, being an unbiased audience, I for one could not help commenting when the buck was being passed.

My sympathies are with the driver of Fiat. Had I been in his place, I would have moved on feeling blessed that nothing happened to the kid!

Also, even if you have the registration number, you can not do a $#@$ about it. Trust me on this. My wife's car was rear ended while she was waiting at a traffic signal, waiting for it to turn green and there comes a Santro and rear ends her car - God only knows where/how the Santro driver wanted to go on a red light when everyone else was patiently waiting!

Both the drivers came out of the vehicle and inspected the damages and the offender was asked to wait on left after the signal turned green. He however sped away as soon as he got an opportunity.

We went to the police station to file an FIR which was refused - "there are umpteen hit and runs which take place everyday on roads and we can not register FIR for each and every single incident" - this came from the SI on duty. Finally we left after submitting a written and acknowledged complaint cleary stating the registration number of Santro. What happened after that is anyone's guess..

Moral of story, whosoever's fault it was, move on..

@funkycar - let's not be once again judgmental and pass a verdict. We have only heard your/Sujith's part of story, yet, upon rational thinking, it is coming out as breaching the right of way of someone else. Guess what would happen if we heard the other part of story from Estilo's driver!!

EDIT
Quote:
if majority on the thread what says do you go with it? lets take after few posts many agree its zen's fault, then you go with it?
Looking at his objective analysis, I am sure poloman is rational enough to think on his feet than get carried away by the windfall..

Quote:
how can you tell this "It is not mandated by law to slow down on all median gaps" Do you drive cars with driving license?
boy oh boy.. high time I was out of this discussion as it ain't going anywhere..

Last edited by AlokSriva : 9th August 2010 at 14:14.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

I agree! One thing cannot change in this story is the fact that the Estilo sped away. At this point, practically speaking, if the Estilo is caught by some or any means, no one would want to listen to his story, the offense is his. The police wouldnt even bother to hear his story and would be glad to hold Estilo culprit. Hit and run is enough and a bigger crime. I also hope the inmates of the Estilo are safe and did not suffer any injuries.

How the accident happened, how to take a U turn, right turn can be discussed on some other thread relating to traffic rules.

People, if you come accross a damaged right side Estilo, please let us know.

Last edited by funkykar : 9th August 2010 at 14:13.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

For all we know, the Estilo guy would have by now filed for insurance, claiming that a hit and run car damaged his vehicle when it was parked on the roadside. Might have lodged an FIR for good measure too.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post

People, if you come accross a damaged right side Estilo, please let us know.
Right and what will you do then if you catch hold of the estilo guy??
Old 9th August 2010, 14:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

No Comments on who is right/wrong - but being a passionate petrol-head, that bump would hurt the owner. But knowing a FIAT, he should be happy that the repair bills would be smaller than that other JAP-Car..!!!

Repair it with your heart and soul, be happy that it was no more than a fender-bender (nothing structural) - and start putting back the happy miles into this beauty...
Old 9th August 2010, 14:42   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
For all we know, the Estilo guy would have by now filed for insurance, claiming that a hit and run car damaged his vehicle when it was parked on the roadside. Might have lodged an FIR for good measure too.
Very much possible. I am sure he would be in a hurry to get the car repaired to go scot free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Right and what will you do then if you catch hold of the estilo guy??
What would any one do mate? Lodge a police complaint. He did not file one so far as he thinks it wouldnt work out since he doesnt even have a registration number of the car.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:28   #44
BHPian

[quote=funkykar;2016756]My friend Sujith(Sujith1100 in Team-Bhp) had a horrific day yesterday as his Fiat 1100 aka Premier Padmini had a small accident yesterday.

Sujith's Fiat was hit by a "L" Board Golden color Zen Estilo.

This is what Sujith had to say.

The explanation above might not be very clear as Sujith was not in a position to type the mail. The Zen sped away which means that it was his mistake.

The damage might be small, but it means a lot for Sujith.

How do we catch this culprit? Inform all the Maruti Service Centres?

Some pics of Suji's Fiat. The car might look funky, but Sujith is a sedate driver who loves driving slow.

BEFORE:

It is really terrible to see your car in such a state Sujith.
Old 9th August 2010, 21:36   #45
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Sujith. My condolences are with you. It's sad to see a car in such a shape.

I don't know who exactly to blame. The zen guy fled the scene making it clear that there's some law he broke and didn't want to be held responsible.

But then a gap in the median is a very tricky place to take a turn. I hate it when I see bikes and cars darting in from inbetween the gaps in medians.
Worst is when people try to "steal quick singles" from this end to the other end of the road.

What if you close those medians? The pedestrians so used to crossing there, just jump over the median at the same place. The motorists, start going in wrong sides.
Anyways, enough of OTs. Guess the only mistake of the zen was fleeing the scene after banging the car.
Sujiths hit at both the sides of his car (front and back). That makes me think whether the turn was properly planned or not.

Sometimes it's just not your day.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks