Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2010, 11:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Zen Estilo hits a Fiat1100 and runs away.

My friend Sujith(Sujith1100 in Team-Bhp) had a horrific day yesterday as his Fiat 1100 aka Premier Padmini had a small accident yesterday.

Sujith's Fiat was hit by a "L" Board Golden color Zen Estilo.

This is what Sujith had to say.
Quote:
All this happened when I was taking a Right turn into K'gala 100'Rd, I was hit my a L-Board, a ZEN ESTILO from the front as he was very fast on wet road and locked his brakes. He had to go straight but was on the right most track at high speed. When I stopped In the centre to avoid full body collision, a truck who spotted me well from a distance came and hit me on the rear bumper.

The right side of the Zen was completely scraped. In the tension I could not note the regn number as my 1 year old nephew was also with me
The explanation above might not be very clear as Sujith was not in a position to type the mail. The Zen sped away which means that it was his mistake.

The damage might be small, but it means a lot for Sujith.

How do we catch this culprit? Inform all the Maruti Service Centres?

Some pics of Suji's Fiat. The car might look funky, but Sujith is a sedate driver who loves driving slow.

BEFORE:

Zen Estilo hits a Fiat1100 and runs away.-untitled.jpg

Zen Estilo hits a Fiat1100 and runs away.-1.jpg

AFTER THE ACCIDENT:

Zen Estilo hits a Fiat1100 and runs away.-dscn5875.jpg

Zen Estilo hits a Fiat1100 and runs away.-dscn5881.jpg
Old 8th August 2010, 12:06   #2
BHPian

If your friend was making a right turn and the Estilo guy had to brake so hard that he locked his brakes, then I feel the mistake is on your friend's part. He should have tried to squeeze in to take a right. Could have waited for that Estilo to pass and then taken a turn. And also the fact that the lorry also hit your friend from back suggests that something your friend did was not right. May be he was in a hurry to make a turn. Just my thoughts.

If he has the Estilo's reg no: go ahead and inform the nearest police station. Else just forget about it and do the repairs claiming insurance and forget about the incident as soon as possible. Going for an Estilo hunt would make him lose so much time and in the process he might lose his peace of mind. Humans are gifted with a blessing: THE ABILITY TO FORGET. I suggest he capitalizes on that.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see the state of beauty like this. I'm sorry for Sujith. Even insurance claim may not help much here I guess. Could've noted Zen's number unless he fled away from the scene without stopping. Its extremely difficult & impractical to catch hold of the Zen tracing through M.A.S.S.

@Diesel - Dude, look at the accident, the 1100 has been hit on the left side, which means, Padmini was standing on center of the road waiting to take right, but the Zen who was careless scrapped off the left of Padmini. If the Zen would've scrapped on driver's side of Padmini, then it would've probably meant that Sujit did a mistake.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

if the fiat guy is in mistake then the Estillo guy need not to drive away after the accident that too his car has more damage?? (unless he may not have valid driving licence). so it can be the fault of Estillo guy?
Old 8th August 2010, 12:43   #5
BHPian

Offffff . Really bad to see this. Lot of denting and painting work. That to metalic bright silver is very difficult to match. Plz go to same paint shop and try to get same company color. Pxxs off on that learning fool Estilo driver.
Old 8th August 2010, 14:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

IMO nothing can be done now apart from the repairs and recover. Hope Sujith's nephew is alright. Insurance cannot be claimed if its a 3rd party theft one( which i suppose must be due to IDV of the car). Hope he (sujith) recovers from this unfortunate incident and gets his ride repaired.
Old 8th August 2010, 18:13   #7
BHPian

This is what i probably meant. I may be wrong though. The owner can confirm later. Nice car it is. Bring it to the original shape ASAP.

The Estilo guy was with L board. Would have panicked and run away. OR even worse, he might not have had a valid license.
Attached Thumbnails
Zen Estilo hits a Fiat1100 and runs away.-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 8th August 2010 at 18:15.
Old 8th August 2010, 18:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

I get you point @Diesel; you could be right though. The owner has to confirm this. Looking at your pic, I think this is more apt situation than the one I described earlier. Reason being that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar
He had to go straight but was on the right most track at high speed
Thanks for explaining.
Old 8th August 2010, 20:39   #9
BHPian

here is the imaginary animated video of sijith's fiat accident, video is as per sujith's explaination. created by karthik1100
Old 8th August 2010, 20:45   #10
BHPian

This is bad news indeed.
Old 8th August 2010, 21:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Here is a animated video made by Karthik MB (karthik1100) after hearing Sujith's story.

If any one comes across a Zen Estilo with a damaged rightside on streets or any Maruti service centers, please let us know.
Old 8th August 2010, 21:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sujith really loved his car and this must hurt, never mind whose fault it is ! Get it back to shape soon Sujith, and be thankful that the accident is relatively minor.
Old 8th August 2010, 21:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

^ There is no doubt about it. Sujith cares for his car more than for himself. He loves it so much that he has asked his only wish is when he dies, he should be buried along with his Fiat. Not many can make such statements. He still feels very shattered. He hasnt come out of his house since then. On a funny note, he wouldnt have been depressed even if he had hurt himself
Old 9th August 2010, 00:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

Man, an Estilo (typical MSIL tin-can) hits a tank-build Fiat and inflicts grievious injuries. That surely is news.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th August 2010 at 00:33.
Old 9th August 2010, 00:49   #15
BHPian

Feel sorry for the car and its owner! Though I am glad to hear that the kiddo in car is safe..

Now, if I look at the video alone and do not consider any other information, then it is so very obviously fiat driver's fault. Zen/Estilo had the right of way as it was moving straight whereas Fiat had poked in its nose a bit too much in its path and therefore, got hit.

Not too many drivers on our roads know the concept of 'right of way' and even lesser actually respect it

Being hit from lorry in the rear is different story altogether and could have happened on two counts -
a) That the lorry driver did not notice Fiat's indicator - lorry driver's fault; OR
b) That there was no indication to turn right - fiat driver's fault.

Disclaimer - this interpretation is completely, solely and entirely based on the video posted above.

EDIT - Why did the estilo guy speed away? Could be n number of reasons as mentioned by other members. And of course, the natural human psyche to run away after committing a mistake. It takes lot of courage to own up! Getting stuck after an accident, and therefore, owning up is a different ball game altogether.

Quote:
He had to go straight but was on the right most track
So what's wrong with that? From right lane, vehicles can always proceed straight. From left lane, a vehicle can not take right and has to necessarily go straight - assuming this is a two laned road. In case of road being more than 2-laned, it depends on how many lanes are earmarked for taking a right turn. And in such a scenario, the rightmost lane would mean a compulsory right and you can not proceed straight - this is the general rule in all RHD countries!

IIRC, no road in Koramangala is more than 2-laned (each side) other than one-way roads

Last edited by AlokSriva : 9th August 2010 at 01:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks