Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2011, 18:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

The road towards flyover is relatively free after 8.30-9 pm. Otherwise majority of the times its jammed up from Marriott onwards right till Wakad. I believe that is the slightly shorter route, but due to the unevenness of the width, the traffic can get crazy at those bottlenecks.

PS : Today I plan to leave by the Mezza9 route.
Old 21st January 2011, 18:24   #137
Senior - BHPian

@anilisanil, one of my friends once (last year) talked about a road that connected hinjewadi phase 3 to Paud road. I dont know if it is an existing one or something that was proposed. you may want to verify if such a road exists. it may save you some time for a few months, till people start following your tracks again :lol
Old 21st January 2011, 18:38   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The road towards flyover is relatively free after 8.30-9 pm. Otherwise majority of the times its jammed up from Marriott onwards right till Wakad. I believe that is the slightly shorter route, but due to the unevenness of the width, the traffic can get crazy at those bottlenecks.

PS : Today I plan to leave by the Mezza9 route.

The problem with mezza9 route is that it is undivided and people more often than not break the queue to join well ahead of you, this boils my blood. But this route previously used to be free flowing until you reach that ginger hotel junction, wait for sometime at the signal there and reach your road almost uninterrepted, my figo d returned 19 kmpl for the complete city run during one of those days, but slowly this road has started getting bottlenecked thanks to more and more people breaking the queues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
@anilisanil, one of my friends once (last year) talked about a road that connected hinjewadi phase 3 to Paud road. I dont know if it is an existing one or something that was proposed. you may want to verify if such a road exists. it may save you some time for a few months, till people start following your tracks again :lol
That road is unmotorable for cars, you either need a bike or need a 4 wd off roader. This is because of small stretch of unmotorable road which is still under construction, but once the real estate there is completely constructed and occupied, this one road should be a viable option. But unfortunately this road now is very narrow as of now!
Old 21st January 2011, 18:43   #139
Senior - BHPian

Yes, due to the queue jumpers it can get crazy at times. I remember this one time when I was done waiting patiently for over 40 minutes and going nowhere really.
So while still on the Mezza9 stretch just before the turn, I took a u-turn and headed back to the main road, only to find my road being blocked again due to those crazy idiots breaking the queue.

EDIT: The Paud Road option sounded good, but I work in phase-1 and it would be a pain coming in from phase 3 to phase -1.
Old 21st January 2011, 21:01   #140
BHPian

For people commuting from Phase 3, Taking the Left from Mezza9 and joining the highway at Wakad interchange is the best option. The road is of even width through out, reducing bottlenecks and there are less 2 wheelers. It's longer, but definitely faster - I've timed my way through this route and the other one via Shell pump during peak traffic.

Add the chaos on the aundh flyover with upto 3 lanes in peak traffic trying to get through the lane and half at the other end. Traffic police should extend the dividers at least half way up on both sides to deter the morons coming down/joining wrong way.
Old 21st January 2011, 21:04   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know if anyone's noticed this but in general Phase 2 folks are better drivers than Phase 1 guys! I have had people give way at roundabouts, stop for pedestrians, etc.and the level of honking and random roadraging seems less the further in you go! I know it sounds strange but there you go.
Old 21st January 2011, 21:24   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I don't know if anyone's noticed this but in general Phase 2 folks are better drivers than Phase 1 guys! I have had people give way at roundabouts, stop for pedestrians, etc.and the level of honking and random roadraging seems less the further in you go! I know it sounds strange but there you go.
While that makes me feel better, I haven't been at the receiving end of such courtesies. But I reckon better roads/lesser traffic contributes to your observation.
OT - isn't it time your signature changed?
Old 21st January 2011, 21:26   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

^^LOL not yet tomorrow's the big day. No sleep tonight!
Old 21st January 2011, 21:27   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
The problem with mezza9 route is that it is undivided and people more often than not break the queue to join well ahead of you, this boils my blood.
Hello there angry young man,

I strongly suggest that you turn down the temperature on your internal heater and install a safety valve too by taking up yoga, meditation, walks, more active night life or whatever works for you.

Why do you give undue importance to these people, you are not responsible for them so why are you concerned about how they drive. Just ignore them, they do not deserve your attention and for all you know these people might be someone who are unable to control their bladders so are in a rush or are hen pecked husbands who have to get home quickly and cook dinner or are blessed with both of the above plus have a real a$$#0!% of a boss so running away as quickly as possible. Could be that they are really in an emergency.

Remember currently more people in our country become victims of road rage than those killed by shooting/stabbing incidents.
Old 21st January 2011, 23:06   #145
Senior - BHPian

Is this the correct route to take while going to Hinjewadi directly from Paud Road ?

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-hinjewadiroad.jpg
Old 22nd January 2011, 13:21   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Is this the correct route to take while going to Hinjewadi directly from Paud Road ?

Attachment 486881
yes it is!! But the road between Nande and Maan is in bad state and is not motorable when I last checked in December
Old 4th February 2011, 20:29   #147
Senior - BHPian

Oh, one of the most dreaded roads in Pune to drive on. Commuting daily to office is a pain. It takes me 20 mins from my house in Kothrud to reach Wakad chowk and another 45 to reach Phase 3 (Office).
The flyover is the most idiotic thing to be built ever. Makes no sense at all.

Apparently, there is another road, for which a plan has been sanctioned more than 2 years ago. This road takes you from the Baner underpass (before Balewadi), straight to my office in phase 1. Beyond that, the road is supposed to touch Phase 3. If that is really the case, then what are the authorities waiting for?
Old 5th February 2011, 00:20   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Oh, one of the most dreaded roads in Pune to drive on. Commuting daily to office is a pain. It takes me 20 mins from my house in Kothrud to reach Wakad chowk and another 45 to reach Phase 3 (Office).
The flyover is the most idiotic thing to be built ever. Makes no sense at all.

Apparently, there is another road, for which a plan has been sanctioned more than 2 years ago. This road takes you from the Baner underpass (before Balewadi), straight to my office in phase 1. Beyond that, the road is supposed to touch Phase 3. If that is really the case, then what are the authorities waiting for?
I was working in Pune till last month. My office timing was 8A.M. and at this hour it used to take only 25-30 mins from Paud Road to Phase III and that too in office bus. But while returning in evening it used to take upto 90 mins.

I feel they didn't thought about future rise in traffic while designing the wakad chowk flyover, when it initially opened it was a huge relief for every one, but over the time that got too crowded. Hope they use some brains before designing the new road.
Old 2nd March 2011, 15:30   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I guess this is the road which requires the bridge near BlueRidge to be widened and strengthened. That will remove the Flyover/NH4 intersection from the commute to Ph1-3.
Old 2nd March 2011, 17:43   #150
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
I guess this is the road which requires the bridge near BlueRidge to be widened and strengthened. That will remove the Flyover/NH4 intersection from the commute to Ph1-3.

During the last couple of years, north Pune has seen very good road development. Don't understand why this very important stretch of Pune (Hinjewadi) does not get the same attention.

Most Viewed