Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 16:10   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
That we surely do.
I have been sent on deputation to the land of horrendous traffic; yes, Bengaluru!!!
Quote:
^ LOL!! No, I aint implying that. Its just that, we have it sorted out much better, than our Bangalore brothers.
That, has just been my observation as a pedestrian. Didnt even bother getting my car here!
Good going SI! I have been on the wrong end of Blr traffic as far back as 2004. So it was on my avoid list before HJW.
But it looks like with my ever expanding list of to-avoid locations, I will soon have to move to the Himalayas. Or a one tree island somewhere in the South Pacific ocean.

Edit: saw your update on FB. we were thinking of what exotic destination you were off to

Last edited by selfdrive : 11th September 2012 at 16:28.
Old 21st September 2012, 16:14   #1517
Senior - BHPian

No updates in this thread for 10 days!!!

The bandh + long weekend vacation plans of Hinjewadians resulted in breezeful driving (at 8:30 AM). It was a welcome change after a long long time. Even the Ganesh Pandals enroute between phase 1 and 2 didnt prove to be a choke.
Old 21st September 2012, 16:18   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
That we surely do.

I have been sent on deputation to the land of horrendous traffic; yes, Bengaluru!!!
Have been here only 2 days, and have sworn- never ever will I crib on traffic scene being bad in Pune. You need to be here to experiance real traffic.

HJW is nowehere close to Bangalore city, where traffic is concerned.
I told you so when we met at the Tapri some months ago; that Bangalore traffic is worse than Pune.
Old 21st September 2012, 16:30   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
I told you so when we met at the Tapri some months ago; that Bangalore traffic is worse than Pune.

Yes mate! Distinctly remember that!
Matter of fact, that alongwith some more advices of similar kinds, was the first thing that came to my mind when I landed here .

How effective was the "bandh" in Hinjewadi? From my understanding, most companies had declared a day off, to be compensated by working on Saturday.
Old 21st September 2012, 16:36   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Yes mate! Distinctly remember that!
Matter of fact, that alongwith some more advices of similar kinds, was the first thing that came to my mind when I landed here .

How effective was the "bandh" in Hinjewadi? From my understanding, most companies had declared a day off, to be compensated by working on Saturday.
No issues at all in Pune as the bandh was not supported by the major political parties, most organisations in HJW were working is what I heard. As we had a day off we have no option but to work tomorrow :( let me know if you need any help in Bangalore. Got to know today about your 2 month relocation from Pankaj this afternoon.
Hurrycane12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 18:01   #1521
Distinguished - BHPian

We were working yesterday and there was no trouble at all. The party that called the bandh and its partners decided to be generous since Ganapati festival is on. Good for them!

I drove the usual route because I was a little apprehensive taking the village roads alone with a festival AND bandh on. No trouble at all.
Old 27th September 2012, 09:51   #1522
Senior - BHPian

The Infosys circle in Ph1 is being expanded in diameter. The authorities were better off utilising those funds for fixing the horrible Mezza9-Marunje T-junction road.

PS : This is assuming it is being done by the government. If its Infy's private initiative, then it its okay.
Old 27th September 2012, 10:32   #1523
BHPian

Guys, the village route from Embassy Tech Zone has been stopped 'officially'. The guard posted there was informing every 'car-wallah' yesterday evening.

Apparently there was a jam at the dirt road section few days ago, which resulted in jam inside the village with most people honking away to glory.

So, now we have one route less to enter and exit Hinjewadi
Old 27th September 2012, 13:30   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Guys, the village route from Embassy Tech Zone has been stopped 'officially'. The guard posted there was informing every 'car-wallah' yesterday evening.
Is it so!? Ok, I don't know about this, but I did go through that road yesterday evening and nobody said anything to me, in fact today morning as well, I came through that route and no one stopped me, though I did notice that there were less number of vehicles.
There's also a placard put up which says 'Trespassing Prohibited', I don't think that the sign is for Embassy Tech Zone employees, but more so for the villagers which use the Embassy campus as a short-cut.
Wonder if they (Villagers) can do something like stop people from using roads which obviously is for everyone's use, but then in HJW it is quite possible.
Honking yes, I guess people should use some common sense as honking in a traffic jam does not clear anything but does annoy everyone.

This would be a ridiculous move, and increase unnecessary travel time for many of us.

Regards,
Old 28th September 2012, 08:36   #1525
Senior - BHPian

There were 2 SUVs (or MUVs) having number plate "On Test" running in phase 1. The back looked like a beefed up Qualis. Any ideas on which SUV it is?
Old 28th September 2012, 09:26   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan

Is it so!? Ok, I don't know about this, but I did go through that road yesterday evening and nobody said anything to me, in fact today morning as well, I came through that route and no one stopped me, though I did notice that there were less number of vehicles.
There's also a placard put up which says 'Trespassing Prohibited', I don't think that the sign is for Embassy Tech Zone employees, but more so for the villagers which use the Embassy campus as a short-cut.
Wonder if they (Villagers) can do something like stop people from using roads which obviously is for everyone's use, but then in HJW it is quite possible.
Honking yes, I guess people should use some common sense as honking in a traffic jam does not clear anything but does annoy everyone.

This would be a ridiculous move, and increase unnecessary travel time for many of us.

Regards,
Yes, the road has been closed. I got an email from our admin (I work in one of the companies in ETZ) that the route will no longer be available. So now I too am part of the traffic jam at mezza9.
Old 28th September 2012, 11:09   #1527
BHPian

Please try to leave Hinjewadi before 5 pm today. There are some big Visarjan related celebrations being planned aruond Hinjewadi chowk post 5 pm today (as per a circular I have received from the company), which could mean a total blockade of the road from Hinjewadi chowk to Wakad bridge.
PuntoMania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 11:23   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Yes, the road has been closed. I got an email from our admin (I work in one of the companies in ETZ) that the route will no longer be available. So now I too am part of the traffic jam at mezza9.
Well well, need to check with our admin on this, we haven't received any such communication as yet, but hey, I did use that road yesterday as well as today, no issues as such.
Enquired with a few buddies who used to use that road, they said security says use at your own risk, as some travellers were stopped in the night, don't know how far this is true, anyone heard this before?
Escaping traffic is high on my priority, hope they sort things out.

Regards,
Old 28th September 2012, 11:40   #1529
Senior - BHPian

As per the mailer we have received , the Hinjewadi Ganpati Visarjan processions begin at 4pm on the 28th of September, a day earlier than the rest of Pune.
Our Buses which were scheduled to depart between 6.30 to 7.00 pm have been rescheduled to depart at 4pm.

Last year they had completely cordoned off the Shivaji Chowk-Marriott-Flyover route and were redirecting traffic to other roads. Seeing the massive jam on them, I spoke to the cop standing there and he let me through.
Old 28th September 2012, 12:09   #1530
BHPian

Same in our company with all later services (post 4 pm) cancelled. It's going to be a mad rush from 3 pm when everybody will start hitting the road.

...and hence....got the RX100 today

I hope traffic authorities make all roads leading out of HJW one way for today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks