Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 13:21   #1576
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
For the benefit of a colleague, can someone post the details or a map of this Nande Chande route? If this has been posted earlier, would appreciate a link. we just want to know alternate route from Chandni chowk to HJW
Ho hum. The search functionality must be the least used option on this website

Fyi - Refer to this Post that has all route options with images.
Old 17th October 2012, 13:33   #1577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way SI, it does seem that accident spotting on NH4 to HJW has reduced. Looks like you are still in Bangalore
. Yeah. Im still in Bangalore. By the looks of it, shall be here till the end of the next month.
Hardly spot accidents in Bangalore though. Either people drive safe, or i live in the middle of the middle of a remote area.
The latter is more likely!
Old 17th October 2012, 18:28   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ho hum. The search functionality must be the least used option on this website
Thanks ninja, you are the google man for me now. at least for this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Hardly spot accidents in Bangalore though. Either people drive safe, or i live in the middle of the middle of a remote area. The latter is more likely!
Good going saar, totally proud of you. I hope you bring back that stellar record here!
Old 17th October 2012, 18:36   #1579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Hardly spot accidents in Bangalore though. Either people drive safe, or i live in the middle of the middle of a remote area.
The latter is more likely!
Which part of Bangalore do you travel daily Swanand? That is more important
Old 18th October 2012, 11:04   #1580
BHPian

Ok. Guys, since the last 3-4 days, the Hinjewadi traffic for me has been a breeze (have been leaving home at peak hours of 9.15 am and still managed to reach Ph 1 from Chinchwad in 20 mins).

One thing I have STRONGLY observed over the last 3-4 days is the absence of Trucks, trolleys, cement trucks, JCB's etc. during these timings which has eased out the traffic a lot.

I think the traffic police might have restricted entry for such big and heavy vehicles during peak traffic hours.

So, is it just me or other Hinjewadians have also experienced the same?
Old 18th October 2012, 11:08   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Ok. Guys, since the last 3-4 days, the Hinjewadi traffic for me has been a breeze (have been leaving home at peak hours of 9.15 am and still managed to reach Ph 1 from Chinchwad in 20 mins).

One thing I have STRONGLY observed over the last 3-4 days is the absence of Trucks, trolleys, cement trucks, JCB's etc. during these timings which has eased out the traffic a lot.

I think the traffic police might have restricted entry for such big and heavy vehicles during peak traffic hours.

So, is it just me or other Hinjewadians have also experienced the same?
Similar observation. Could it be the post-CM-visit effect
Old 18th October 2012, 11:11   #1582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Which part of Bangalore do you travel daily Swanand? That is more important
Agreed. That is the most important question.
The reason I dont spot accidents in Bangalore is because, I live in Manyata Residency, and work in Manyata Business Park. So, its walking distance from home to office .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
There was a law, banning the heavy vehicles from entering/exiting HJW during peak hours.
This was passed more than a year ago. Probably, the authorities have started implementing it again.
Old 26th October 2012, 13:06   #1583
Senior - BHPian

I saw a large number of traffic cops on the road today, also some new signboards. Some more dignitaries coming to visit ?
Also saw an accident (semi-takeover of the mantle from Swanand). Involved a brand new "new Alto" , still garlanded and all, and a bike. The bike was being helped onto the divider by fellow motorists.
Old 26th October 2012, 13:14   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I saw a large number of traffic cops on the road today, also some new signboards. Some more dignitaries coming to visit ?
Is there a 'Da Hinje code' that so many so called dignitaries keep coming there?

Quote:
Also saw an accident (semi-takeover of the mantle from Swanand). Involved a brand new "new Alto" , still garlanded and all, and a bike. The bike was being helped onto the divider by fellow motorists.
Hope no casualties. Accidents have gone up since the rains a couple of days ago. Some more loose gravel on the roads, so be careful.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 13:27   #1585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a 'Da Hinje code' that so many so called dignitaries keep coming there?

Quote:
Hope no casualties. Accidents have gone up since the rains a couple of days ago. Some more loose gravel on the roads, so be careful.
The bike guy was down, but was talking, so probably no casualty. This happened directly opposite the Octroi collection post. The gravel has been removed and the road re-paved just yesterday, after some considerable widening, but on the other side. Hopefully,they will repair both sides.
Old 26th October 2012, 13:51   #1586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Again? How many VIP's is HJW going to see? If these visits lead to something better in terms of infrastructure, then its worthwhile, but if it is just constituency visits, then no thank you!

Quote:
Good to know that you've taken over the mantle from me. With me not being in town, accidents werent being reported! Im glad the job has gone to someone much more deserving

New Alto and bike? Eeks, doesnt sound good. Hope no one was injured.
Old 26th October 2012, 15:06   #1587
Distinguished - BHPian

Heavy heavy heavy rains out here. There is zero visibility on the highway. Currently just outside Hinjewadi area, once of the sign board has fallen on a tempo, causing a minor jam.
Old 26th October 2012, 15:11   #1588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heavy heavy heavy rains out here. There is zero visibility on the highway. Currently just outside Hinjewadi area, once of the sign board has fallen on a tempo, causing a minor jam.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2944272

Several hoardings have collapsed. All the hoardings you see in the pic I have posted are now in shreds..
Old 26th October 2012, 15:30   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Strangely, DLF is all dry except for a few drops here and there. Yes, we saw (and felt) strong gusts and the weather easily dropping by 2-3 degrees. But no rain!
Old 26th October 2012, 19:00   #1590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Strangely, DLF is all dry except for a few drops here and there. Yes, we saw (and felt) strong gusts and the weather easily dropping by 2-3 degrees. But no rain!
Oh yes, we noticed that later once we moved ahead on the expressway. It was raining cats & dogs when we crossed the stretch between Hinjewadi flyover and Ravet, but then it suddenly just ended. By the time we reached the toll-gate, the roads were almost bone-dry!

@sajo,
Trust me the scene was way worse on the highway. It was almost zero visibility on the road, almost 90% of the cars had stopped on the side while the remaining 10% were going at a crawling pace.

But what was surprising that the weather changed within minutes. When @mikon and I left SB road, it was sunny. By the time we reached the highway at Baner it started drizzling; and it started pouring once we passed Hjw flyover; and while we crossed Ravet, it was over!

Edit: I wish I had taken a few pics. But I was busy posting on this thread at that time

Last edited by ninjatalli : 26th October 2012 at 19:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks