Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2012, 17:12   #1636
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

A couple of days back took out the bike to enjoy nice winter sunshine.
By the time I reached office my black trouser had turned grey (literally!)

The dust level in Hinjewadi is alarming.Wonder why the cops do not wear a pollution mask given Hnj chowk is most polluted.
Old 7th December 2012, 20:02   #1637
BHPian

Horrible condition at 7 30 pm ...all 3 roads going from Mezza9 towards highway are choked royally. esp the orange route which I tried , waited in traffic for 45 mins..then came back to office , will start after 9 30 pm.

any one of you have any better updates ? any improvements?
Old 8th December 2012, 08:11   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Left office at 7.15 PM last night. No traffic all the way to Hinjewadi Chowk. Then took the left turn to go towards Bhumkar Chowk. Again no traffic for about 1 KM and then a massive jam. Was stuck on that road for an hour. Took me 1.5 hours to reach the highway from my office and then only half an hour to reach my residence in Kothrud.

Highway was clear with no major jams and i wonder why there was traffic on internal Hinjewadi roads. Not sure how the wedding at Balewadi affected traffic in Hinjewadi/Bhumkar Chowk. I was expecting jams near to Balewadi stadium.
Old 10th December 2012, 09:51   #1639
BHPian

I took Nande-Chande route on Friday at 6pm. Boy, it was just awesome. No traffic or jam whatsoever!
Old 10th December 2012, 11:32   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Count me amongst the ones stuck at the Bhumkar chowk traffic! Took me an hour to reach the chowk from the start of the road. How was the regular HJW-Wakad route on that day?
Old 10th December 2012, 14:09   #1641
Senior - BHPian

I was stuck on the Mezza9 route for more than an hour on Friday evening. Started out at 8 pm sharp and reached home only at 10 PM!
Spent my time twiddling my thumbs in the bus, whose driver had switched off the engines like lot of other vehicles around, because traffic was not even crawling for extended periods.
I heard the problem was caused not by the megawedding at Balewadi , but due to a wedding in Hinjewadi gaon. Vehicle movement was restricted in some parts due to celebrations spilling on to the roads with firecrackers.
Dunno about its authenticity because I couldnt see anything of that sort.
Old 10th December 2012, 14:50   #1642
BHPian

I got lucky to leave HJW early ~6pm and managed to zip-zap bike, in that crawling traffic that may have just begun on Mezza9 route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I heard the problem was caused not by the megawedding at Balewadi , but due to a wedding in Hinjewadi gaon. Vehicle movement was restricted in some parts due to celebrations spilling on to the roads with firecrackers.
Dunno about its authenticity because I couldnt see anything of that sort.
yeah, heard same version from a colleague who took the Orange route and got stuck for an hour.
Old 14th December 2012, 09:00   #1643
BHPian

Boy, what a weather today.

Driving through the clouds (water droplets getting settled lazily on my windscreen), ignoramis (plural of ignoramus) blinking hazard lights, people sitting by the fire savoring piping hot cuppa.. people inside office premises taking photographs..

I am thinking, am I on picnic? Then I got a call from my boss
rahul_sinha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 10:17   #1644
BHPian

You are absolutely right Rahul.
Friday, I took my bike to office; and realised it was not a weather to sit in the office - just took right from Bhumkar Chowk instead of straight, took right for Lonavala; after hot chay and pakoda reached office an hour late
boy what weather and what ride it was.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 10:30   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
You are absolutely right Rahul.
Friday, I took my bike to office; and realised it was not a weather to sit in the office - just took right from Bhumkar Chowk instead of straight, took right for Lonavala; after hot chay and pakoda reached office an hour late
boy what weather and what ride it was.
Lonavala on bike !!

Dont tell me you went all alone
Old 20th December 2012, 09:19   #1646
BHPian

Village (Marunji) route via Embassy Tech Zone has been closed now.
Yesterday there was a meeting between villagers and MIDC officials in this regard.

Now back to the commuting grind :(
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 11:36   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Guys, does the Mezza route lead directly near Tathawade or somewhere on the bypass?
Basically, if one needs to hit the Mumbai bound road, and wants to avoid the entire Wakad/HJW fiasco, would there be such a road?
Old 20th December 2012, 12:07   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Guys, does the Mezza route lead directly near Tathawade or somewhere on the bypass?
Basically, if one needs to hit the Mumbai bound road, and wants to avoid the entire Wakad/HJW fiasco, would there be such a road?
Yes and No, once you take a turn from Mezza9 and head towards Marunji, it does go towards Mumbai, it is a connecting road for all villages and you can get an exit to Somatane Village near Shirgaon. This road is used by ST buses plying from Talegaon Dabhade Bus Stand.
It will be a good ride though, current road conditions I am unaware as it has been quiet a while I took that one.

But I am also planning to take that route in the coming days to check if there is any connectivity which has come up now so that we can take an exit to Kiwale, Tathavade, Mamurdi instead of Somatane.

Will update once I have done that.

Cheers!
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 13:07   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Village (Marunji) route via Embassy Tech Zone has been closed now.
Yesterday there was a meeting between villagers and MIDC officials in this regard.

Now back to the commuting grind :(
So does this apply only to the folks working in ETZ or the villagers as well?
Old 23rd December 2012, 14:41   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I dont think this road would be convenient for the purpose of by passing Wakad/HJW traffic jam and join the bypass. There is a small kuccha road from Nere Dattawadi which will lead you to bypass but given the size of this road, its condition and added distance this road wont be of much advantage, rather the time required to bypass would be more as compared to normal route.

Road from Mezzanine towards Marunji and beyond is becoming worse day by day as traffic is increasing since last 1 to 1.5 years along with pot holes. Also during October to March time there is sugar cane traffic because of Kasarsai sugar factory. Better to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Yes and No, once you take a turn from Mezza9 and head towards Marunji, it does go towards Mumbai, it is a connecting road for all villages and you can get an exit to Somatane Village near Shirgaon. This road is used by ST buses plying from Talegaon Dabhade Bus Stand.
It will be a good ride though, current road conditions I am unaware as it has been quiet a while I took that one.

Cheers!
Road condition is bad to very bad between Mezzanine and Kasarasai, its a bit ok between Kasarsai and Somatne. I feel that one is better off sticking to bypass as these are village roads and average speeds are very less.

Have heard that there is a plan to construct 120 feet road from Mezzanine to Somatne phata, god knows when this will happen.
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks