Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 11:05   #1696
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Mailer came from Security head of major IT firm in Hinjewadi.
Mugging attempted at Maan-Nande-Sus Gaon Route, please be careful & Aware. keep Emergency numbers ready.

Quote:
Dear Folks,
Reproduced below is an incident faced by one of our employees in Hjw. The presence of mind shown by him and the quick action by Joint Security Task Force Patrolling vehicle of HIA prevented the matter from taking an ugly turn. Request all of you to go through the mail and keep emergency numbers handy.

“Incident between 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM day before yesterday."

I left the office around 7:15 and was taking the Mann – Nande – Susgaon route to reach the Bangalore highway on my way to home. Somewhere in Nande where there are a couple of speed breakers, a local man on a Bike stopped my way (he was coming from the opposite side and parked his bike in front of my car) and claimed that I was trying to run him down. He started to shout asking me to roll down the window and started to call people. I sensed trouble backed my car and continued further. He picked up stones and hurled at my car. Things did not end here as this guy started to chase me on his bike and had had me cornered about 500 m from the sus gaon market. Pretty soon he had called up a whole gang of goons and some local leader (as it seemed) in a Scorpio as things got heated up. It was a difficult situation as it was dark, I did not know the local language, I was with my wife and it was not clear what these people wanted. What we did was we refused to open the door or roll down the window and called up 100. The response from Police control room was flawless. They immediately connected me to a police patrol team who started for our location. I kept the phone on speaker with slight window open so that the people around can hear and told them that the police are on their way and I would not open the door till they are here. This calmed down the situation a bit but it seemed that they were not ready to believe that Police would come. Around 20 minutes post the call I got a call from the Police van mentioning that they have entered sus gaon and they asked me of my exact location. Now the situation suddenly changed and the goons asked me to go as they did not want to aggravate the argument and quickly started to disperse. We moved on our way and connected with the Police van near the highway. They were perfect gentlemen who inquired about the incident, asked us if we noted the number of the bike (which I hadn’t) and want to file a case and then let us leave.
shabahmad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 11:25   #1697
BHPian

It hurts to learn about such incidences in otherwise safe city like Pune. These are local goons backed by local politicians. Filing one more police case against them is a non-event for them. On the contrary, more the cases on their name is equal to more respect in the goon-community.

So the crux of most of the problems in this country remains the same....politicians! Wonder how they manage to get re-elected over and again despite of horrible incidences, droughts, scams, running their SUVs over people, etc etc. These people should share their strategies with corporates and B-schools.
ashtorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:15   #1698
BHPian

Driving towards Hinjewadi - Be alert!

Hi All,

Got this email from our Pune office to all the employees.. May be useful for Pune BHPians...

--
Dear All,
There has been a report of trouble created by goons on the Mann – Chande -Nande – Susgaon Road, especially targeting associates working in companies based in Hinjewadi.
According to this report, the modus operandi used by the goons is by first stopping a two wheeler in front of the victim’s moving car from the opposite direction. He then claims that the car was trying to run over him. He further creates a ruckus and makes a few phone calls thereby calling a gang of people who follow the victim’s car on bikes and cars, pelting stones at the victim’s car.
Please note that if you are caught in such a situation, note down the number of the vehicle(s) of the goons and DO NOT get out of your car or roll down the windows. Immediately call up the police control room by dialing 100 on your mobile phone and inform them your location, situation and the vehicle numbers of those following you.
Though such incidences are being closely monitored by the police, please remain vigilant and aware. Always store emergency numbers in your mobile phone.
Regards,
Facilities Team
--

Be safe.

Regards,
- Ajay
Old 2nd May 2013, 13:48   #1699
BHPian

Re: Driving towards Hinjewadi - Be alert!

Ajay: We have allready posted this information on other threads on Hinjewadi Trafic Situation & Pune: Roads & queries.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3108904

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayrec View Post
Hi All,

Got this email from our Pune office to all the employees.. May be useful for Pune BHPians...

--
Dear All,
There has been a report of trouble created by goons on the Mann – Chande -Nande – Susgaon Road, especially targeting associates working in companies based in Hinjewadi.
According to this report, the modus operandi used by the goons is by first stopping a two wheeler in front of the victim’s moving car from the opposite direction. He then claims that the car was trying to run over him. He further creates a ruckus and makes a few phone calls thereby calling a gang of people who follow the victim’s car on bikes and cars, pelting stones at the victim’s car.
Please note that if you are caught in such a situation, note down the number of the vehicle(s) of the goons and DO NOT get out of your car or roll down the windows. Immediately call up the police control room by dialing 100 on your mobile phone and inform them your location, situation and the vehicle numbers of those following you.
Though such incidences are being closely monitored by the police, please remain vigilant and aware. Always store emergency numbers in your mobile phone.
Regards,
Facilities Team
--

Be safe.

Regards,
- Ajay
Old 24th May 2013, 14:58   #1700
Senior - BHPian

I have noticed that after the road widening has completed (or almost has..) , taking the Ph1->Shivaji Chowk->Marriott->Wakad Flyover is not that bad an idea to exit Hinjewadi.
There will be some congestion at the chowk , but its pretty smooth sailing thereon.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:53   #1701
BHPian

So the dreaded monsonn traffic jams in Hinjewadi are back .
Heavy clogging starting from the Wakad bridge at 8:30 AM till Hinjewadi chowk.
Took alomost 1 hr to reach ph 2 as against normal 30 mins.
Old 11th June 2013, 10:10   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post
So the dreaded monsonn traffic jams in Hinjewadi are back .
Heavy clogging starting from the Wakad bridge at 8:30 AM till Hinjewadi chowk.
Took alomost 1 hr to reach ph 2 as against normal 30 mins.
Agreed. And with the jams come the wrong siding morons. Check out this idiot trying to squeeze in after driving in from the wrong side.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img095909.jpg

Plenty of his two and 4 wheeled , educated and not-so-educated , gunthesh and white collar brethren try this everyday, all the time.
I think its time to bring back the flexible extra lane on the other side with the temp barricades.
Old 15th July 2013, 11:09   #1703
BHPian

Next week I will be back to Pune and will be working in Hinjewadi. Wanted to know if the Sus gaon - Chande -Mann route is safe to travel through ( after reading the incident a few posts back) or should I stick to the main road? I will be going from Chandni Chowk to phase 3.
Old 15th July 2013, 18:34   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
Next week I will be back to Pune and will be working in Hinjewadi. Wanted to know if the Sus gaon - Chande -Mann route is safe to travel through ( after reading the incident a few posts back) or should I stick to the main road? I will be going from Chandni Chowk to phase 3.
I am not a regular on that route but i believe that route should be avoided in the night. Daytime i.e. while reaching office it should not be a problem.

Regulars on the route can provide more info.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 09:18   #1705
BHPian

I have been using this route for eveyday return commute.

After 8:30 in the evening, going via Phase 1 is better due to lower traffic volumes. Before 8:30, the back route is still the fastest way to get to the highway for Kothrud bound people.

The road condition on the back route is quite bad especially the connector. Even with the road condition being what it is, Phase 2 to Pashankar Auto is about 30 mins.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 19:44   #1706
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have mailed the HIA team on traffic issue in Hinjewadi following are the points which came across. Do let me know if you would like to add anything as I am planning to send a follow up mail and also try and meet them.

Few recommendations as below:
1) In the morning hours the additional single lane which is opened from the Flyover to Hinjewadi (Shivaji Chowk) to ease the traffic has shared Auto rickshaw’s plying they stop in between to drop employees, also these vehicles are too slow in this additional lane due to which car drivers and bikers over take going in the opposite side road thus causing traffic jams – Suggestion is to stop the shared auto rickshaws to ply in the additional lane opened to ease traffic congestion.
2) I have been noticing that in the recent past, buses end up occupying all the 4 lanes instead of sticking to the left lane.
3) The right turn below the flyover is closed before the 8:30 PM deadline in the evening, I have noticed this personally on two occasions in the past one month, here again during the rainy season we can look at keeping this option open till 9:00 PM as due to bad road conditions the traffic movement is slow causing jams hence the extra 30 minutes will be helpful.
4) Traffic Jams at Shivaji Chowk in the afternoon as there are no traffic police to man junction nor do they switch ON the traffic lights, logically traffic lights should be not be put off when there is no one to man the junction.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 31st July 2013 at 19:46.
Hurrycane12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 10:41   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
1) In the morning hours the additional single lane which is opened from the Flyover to Hinjewadi (Shivaji Chowk) to ease the traffic has shared Auto rickshaw’s plying they stop in between to drop employees, also these vehicles are too slow in this additional lane due to which car drivers and bikers over take going in the opposite side road thus causing traffic jams – Suggestion is to stop the shared auto rickshaws to ply in the additional lane opened to ease traffic congestion.
I thought it was quite some time that the additional lane has been stopped!
Looking at the jams in the monsoons I think they need to bring it back. Although it holds up traffic (and thus leads to further wrongsiding), if a person wanting to turn into Marriott waits for traffic coming from the opposite side.
I have almost totally given up bring the car to office. Its about once or twice a month only now.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 11:01   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I thought it was quite some time that the additional lane has been stopped!
Looking at the jams in the monsoons I think they need to bring it back. Although it holds up traffic (and thus leads to further wrongsiding), if a person wanting to turn into Marriott waits for traffic coming from the opposite side.
I have almost totally given up bring the car to office. Its about once or twice a month only now.
Oh I was not aware of the same as I reach office quite early these days. I will speak to them if they can reopen the same.
Hurrycane12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 15:57   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Oh I was not aware of the same as I reach office quite early these days. I will speak to them if they can reopen the same.
Thanks for this but even if this lane is reopened there would be a lot of chaos at the point of merging with the left most lane; needless to say it would be exploited by cabs and even TTs(tempo travellers)

On side note,It is taking increasingly more time to cross the Wipro circle these days.I dont see any solution for this in near future other than turning left from HJW chowk & taking the longer Mann village route.
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:04   #1710
BHPian

Hello All,

I may be off topic, but cannot find a better thread to post my query.
I need suggestions on the below topic:

I am expecting my household stuff to be shifted from Indore to Pune Soon. May be by next week.

The shifting will take place on weekends, so need a sugegstion on the route that should be followed to bring the truck filled with my stuff to Wakad, Pune. Keeping in mind about "No Entries" of the Heavy Vehicle' to a specific road or on a specific time. the transporter says he will be reaching Pune by 4:00 PM through Nagar Road.

Any suggestions will be a great help.

Thanks in Advance,
Saurabh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks