Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 17:08   #1726
BHPian

Driving on the wrong side

Received the following email communication today from our admin dept:

Hinjewadi Traffic Police have communicated that in spite of their best efforts, employees continue to drive 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers on the wrong side of the road and on being stopped get into arguments and altercations with the police.

Starting today evening, the Traffic Police will be launching a drive to stop this wrong side driving and will be imposing a fine of Rs 800/- and cancellation of driving license of the errant drivers.

Requesting all employees to take note of this and drive cautiously and carefully.

Last edited by pradkumar : 4th December 2013 at 17:16.
pradkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 09:37   #1727
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

HJW phase 3 - NH4 bypass route -

Looks like there is action being taken to improve the condition of the connector towards Ghotawade phata. Work has been started on road widening from the ghotawade phata end along with proper surfacing. Same is visible on the road leading left towards Chande. Not sure if this is just making the junction better since the work under progress stretch is hardly 50 m.

In spite of the pathetic condition of the connector, still the fastest way to get to Kothrud from Ph 2/3.

Finger's crossed!
Old 22nd January 2014, 22:11   #1728
BANNED

How is current traffic scene at HJW? What is rush hour time morning/evening to be avoided as per latest traffic trend.

Got couple of visits lined up. Planning to use regular road - Rajiv Gandhi Bridge instead other new roads. Am i too optimistic? if i think traffic will be smooth now.
Old 23rd January 2014, 09:12   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post

Looks like there is action being taken to improve the condition of the connector towards Ghotawade phata. Work has been started on road widening from the ghotawade phata end along with proper surfacing. Same is visible on the road leading left towards Chande. Not sure if this is just making the junction better since the work under progress stretch is hardly 50 m.

In spite of the pathetic condition of the connector, still the fastest way to get to Kothrud from Ph 2/3.

Finger's crossed!
Today I noticed a sign board near the Nissan dealership saying take left for Hinjewadi Phase 2,3 while coming from Bavdhan. So does it mean the the chande route is widened and in good condition. Anybody tried recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
How is current traffic scene at HJW? What is rush hour time morning/evening to be avoided as per latest traffic trend.

Got couple of visits lined up. Planning to use regular road - Rajiv Gandhi Bridge instead other new roads. Am i too optimistic? if i think traffic will be smooth now.
Rush hour time in morning is 8:30 to 10:30 and in the evening is between 5:30 pm to 8 pm.
Generally I reach office 8ish in phase 2 and it takes me about 25 minutes from Bavdhan.
Old 23rd January 2014, 09:21   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post

Finger's crossed!
THe road widening you see near the connector start on Chande side is done for a township/project coming up just behind the ZP school. You can spot the advertisement board while coming from HJW on your left hand side just before the resurfaced road. So no respite from the bad condition of the road along the rest of the stretch. Though I agree this is still the best and fastest way to reach HJW from this side of the town. May god listen to our prayers and the connector be in good condition before monsoons. Else, work from home is the way to go
Old 23rd January 2014, 09:30   #1731
BHPian

It takes maximum of 10 mins to cover the connector. Other than that, 30-35 mins from Phase 2 circle to the NH4 bypass is more or less the norm. Seldom has it been more and in few instances I have covered the distance in under 30 mins.

The road condition on stretches from Ghotawade Phata-Chande-Nande-Sybiosis Junction-Sus Gaon-Highway is quite good. Patchwork done post the monsoons is ok and it is no longer the jarring ride it used to be. Traffic density is low and I have seen a better road manners here. Hardly any wrong side driving.

Of course, post 8 PM Ph2-Ph1-NH4 is quite fast as well and you save the fuel on additional 4 kms that the Chande-Nande route involves.
Old 5th February 2014, 19:33   #1732
BHPian

Got a mail today saying Quick Reaction Teams are now deployed in the Chande - Nande - Sus section. I hope this reduces the incidents on this stretch.
Emergency contact number of this QRT : 9767052522
swapnilup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 11:19   #1733
Senior - BHPian

I received this email today from our facilities team.

Quote:
MIDC authorities have intimated that the work on widening of the stretch of road from Shivaji Chowk(Hinjewadi Chowk) to Wakad will commence on 8th Feb 14 (Sat). The entire work, as per MIDC , will be completed in three to four months.

Though all efforts will be made by MIDC to expedite the work on weekends and during non-peak hours, there is likely to be traffic congestion during peak hours as it would be difficult to remove the barricades once work commences. The use of road Bhumkar Vasti Chowk – Kala khadak - .Shivaji Chowk has been recommended as an alternate route during this period so as to avoid traffic jams to the extent possible.
I wonder how they will take up widening, where there is actually very little space. Esp the stretch from the chowk to Dominoes/Shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
Got a mail today saying Quick Reaction Teams are now deployed in the Chande - Nande - Sus section. I hope this reduces the incidents on this stretch.
Emergency contact number of this QRT : 9767052522
While this is a very good thing ,was the situation really this bad ?
Old 7th February 2014, 11:35   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I wonder how they will take up widening, where there is actually very little space. Esp the stretch from the chowk to Dominoes/Shell.
As per mails within the HIA team the discussion with MIDC and PTP is to have smooth flow of traffic with Unidirectional traffic in peak hours.

They may try if this is a effective method for a week as they have other alternate plans too.
Hurrycane12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 12:05   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
While this is a very good thing ,was the situation really this bad ?
I use that road only, for my to and fro commute, and have never come across such instances in the past 1+ year of commute.
It probably was a one off incident.

That said, have rarely taken that route post 8:30PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
As per mails within the HIA team the discussion with MIDC and PTP is to have smooth flow of traffic with Unidirectional traffic in peak hours.

They may try if this is a effective method for a week as they have other alternate plans too.

Unidirectional roads is probably the right way to ease up traffic congestion on the main roads.
Something that should've been done from the beginning! Alas, better late then never, eh?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 12:08   #1736
Senior - BHPian

^^ Unidirectional roads were implemented a few years ago right ? I guess in the run up to the CYG. The road was not very wide back then, and it didnt solve many issues if I remember correctly.
Also, the locals mostly didnt pay any heed to it at all.
Old 20th February 2014, 10:47   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Some portions of the road leading from McDonald's to Shivaji chowk has been expanded, marginally , but poles have not been removed so far. Ditto on the road leading from Infy PH1 to the chowk. I hope there are no mishaps due to this.
Old 15th April 2014, 09:48   #1738
BHPian

Received the following notification from the company transport department
"Please make a note that Hinjewadi Traffic Police has made traffic diversions in the area on 15 April due to Baagad Procession of Lord Mhatoba- the local Deity. You may be aware of that this is a major religious function of the locals and we have witnessed huge crowds on road during the previous years"

It appears that the traffic going out of hinjewadi will be diverted via Mezza9 starting 3 PM today.

Considering the huge pileups we have seen in the previous years on this day would advice that please plan to leave early if possible

Last edited by noopster : 24th July 2014 at 10:56. Reason: Fixed font tags
alfafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 08:20   #1739
Senior - BHPian

Apparently, PMPML has started a shuttle from Wakad Bridge to Phase 3 on an experimental basis. Without a parking bay or feeder services operating till Wakad bridge from various parts, I doubt how successful this venture would be, but its better than the smoke belching rude "Tumtums" , who overcharge and overfill anyway.

Attached is the notice.
PMPML shuttle service notification (English).pdf
Old 7th July 2014, 17:07   #1740
BHPian

News on NDTV on 07 July 2014
Pune Crime: Cops Arrest Two Gang Members Who Robbed Only IT Employees
Pune: The robbing days of two members of a gang that looted employees of IT companies in the city are over. Yesterday, the Hinjewadi police managed to arrest the duo, who were a part of a five-member gang that is responsible for a spate of robberies in the Hinjewadi and Wakad area along the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

According to the police, the suspects have been identified as Khalid Ahmed Shaikh (32), a resident of Kanheri Khandala in Satara district and Nitant Girish Pawar (23) from Navi Sangvi area of Pune.

Their other three accomplices, including one Salim Papa Shaikh from Pimple Gurav area of the city, are still absconding. All the suspects have a past criminal record, said the police, who have also seized two cars and mobile phones used by the accused while committing the robberies.

S P Bhosale, police inspector of Hinjewadi police station, said, "So far, the arrested men have confessed to their involvement in two cases of robbing an IT engineer and a hotel manager. We suspect that they might have committed similar offences in other police stations' jurisdictions as well."

The IT crowd

Shaikh and Pawar worked with IT companies as drivers. They would often offer lifts to men standing on the road leading to Mumbai.

These men would generally be waiting for a bus or taxi to take them to Mumbai. After asking them to display their identity cards, they would take them on as passengers.

"Once the men sat in their car, their accomplices, who used to sit behind as passengers, would start beating them up and threaten commuters with sharp weapons."

"After taking away all their cash, gold and silver valuables, the accused used to drop the commuter mid-way at an isolated location," said Bhosale.

He further revealed that the duo had confessed to particularly targeting IT professionals in Hinjewadi and Wakad areas, as these people would generally have laptops, cash, expensive mobile phones and other valuables.

"We appeal to people, especially to IT professionals, to not display their ID cards while travelling," added Bhosale.
sandeep joshi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks