Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:58   #1741
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Alert/warning who are riding via wrong side

Do not travel via wrong side from main wakad chowk(Highway junction) till shell petrol pump or further
From last week traffic police are catching all 2 wheelers and also some 4 wheelers who are using
wrong side to travel in hinjewadi.
same way do not use wrong side from phase 1 infosys circle till main shivaji chowk
here also police are catching who are coming from wrong side.
After all MSEB poles and DB are removed from phase 1 road at signal and divider is put, there is major
traffic jam which is from signal to phase 1 infosys circel, previously when divider was not there near signal
traffic from phase 1 used to clear fast at signal but from last week after all dividers are put there,
phase 1 road till signal is also jammed and mainly 2 wheeler riders try to escape via wrong side and caught.
Sso be aware and do not use any wrong side roads now a days as daily we are seeing police are catching those riders
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:24   #1742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep joshi View Post

Do not travel via wrong side from main wakad chowk(Highway junction) till shell petrol pump or further
Why post an alert?? Let the offenders be caught by the police and fined a big amount.
amitwlele is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:04   #1743
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Why post an alert?? Let the offenders be caught by the police and fined a big amount.
Agree. It's really frustrating to see such wanton disregard of traffic rules (it especially gets my goat when people driving on the wrong side of the road try to forcefully nose their way in front of you when they see a policeman ahead, especially when you've been crawling for the past 1 Km).

I for one feel that their licenses should be cancelled on the spot as they seem to lack an understanding of the basic fact that traffic in India drives on the left side of the road. Not only is this a major offence but is highly dangerous.

I recently applied for and got a license in a "developed" country and was really happy with the fact that the theory test required a minimum of 33 correct answers out of 35 and the practical test lasted 45 minutes where driving on all kinds of roads (highway, residential etc) and traffic conditions (busy intersections, empty unmarked roads etc) were evaluauted. The testing officer told me that driving is a privilege and comes with a great responsibilty - It's almost the same as an arms license as poor driving skills can easily cause the loss of life (demonstarted quite horribly in the regrettable incident involving a certain Mr. Mane in Pune some time ago).

The day we have a similar seriousness about driving skill requirements, we'll start getting closer to a stress and accident free driving experience here.

Anyway, rant over. Drive safe everyone (on the left side of the road - Please!!)
Old 22nd July 2014, 22:58   #1744
BHPian

But they aren't catching anyone who is traveling on wrong side from Wipro Phase 2 circle till Mindtree just before Mezza 9. I see daily 2 wheelers and six seater tum tums traveling in the wrong side.
Old 24th July 2014, 11:03   #1745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep joshi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
Agree. It's really frustrating to see such wanton disregard of traffic rules (it especially gets my goat when people driving on the wrong side of the road try to forcefully nose their way in front of you when they see a policeman ahead, especially when you've been crawling for the past 1 Km).
Agree with all of you but the simple fact is that the cops themselves allow motorists to use the right side lane (at least in the Wakad to Shell pump section) when it suits them. When I was a frequent user of the Hinjewadi Road about a year and a half ago, every morning they would cone off half the oncoming lane and make Hinjewadi-bound vehicles use it. Over time, people started treating this as default. The cops don't encourage it anymore but that still doesn't deter many people. There are a couple of hotels that are on the right side and it suits people to cut across to the wrong side instead of being stuck in the thick traffic. So I think this sort of notice is very essential. It's high time our authorities took wrong-side driving more seriously.
Old 28th July 2014, 16:25   #1746
BHPian

Here I saw some riders arguing with authorities that to utilize infra like roads in MIDC area, to the maximum, we should not have any dividers in place this is mainly because,
In MIDC , majority of the time, it is one way traffic, morning towards MIDC and evening towards city. This is not city roads where traffic can be seen on both the ways all the time, since it is purely MIDC roads, 80% of the time 80% vehicles are moving in one direction, so to utilize existing road upto maximum extent, remove the dividers atleast on some inner roads and junctions like from
infosys phase 1 circle till shovaji chowk , this will help to clear the traffic flow fast.

Aim of this idea is to clear the one way traffic flow fast, and riders are upset when they see 50% of the road is totally vacant
and rest 50% vehicles are crowing with 5KMPH . since this is purely MIDC roads , authorities can try this out.
Till last month there were no dividers at junction of phase 1 road at shivaji chowk, traffic from phase 1 used to clear very fast at shivaji chowk. Now after dividers are in place at shivaji chowk , traffic is jammed in the evening till infy cicrel at phase 1 road
so this new dividers causing 15 mins jam now daily. so on this road , riders are tempting to go via wrong side .

Last edited by sandeep joshi : 28th July 2014 at 16:27.
Old 12th August 2014, 10:44   #1747
BHPian

There was a traffic jam today morning precisely at 7:50 am from shivaji chowk -- mezza nine -- advinus. Generally I just breeze through at that time in the morning everyday. But today I spent 15 minutes to pass through. I have been coming at this time since long time now. There were cops manning the junctions. But didn't see any accident or truck broken down in the road, just heavy traffic.
Have all companies advanced there timings by 15 to 30 minutes? I know Infosys has done that.
Looks like I may have to cross the junction around 7:30 am now to avoid these situation.
Old 12th August 2014, 11:07   #1748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
There was a traffic jam today morning precisely at 7:50 am from shivaji chowk -- mezza nine -- advinus. Generally I just breeze through at that time in the morning everyday. But today I spent 15 minutes to pass through. I have been coming at this time since long time now. There were cops manning the junctions. But didn't see any accident or truck broken down in the road, just heavy traffic.
I passed by there about 10 minutes earlier than you. A PMPML bus broke down in the middle of taking a right turn at Mindtree junction. There was hardly one car width space left to pass and this caused the jam.
I texted my colleagues warning them about it but one of them replied about half an hour later saying the road was clear. I figure they got the bus started or rolled it off to the side.
Quote:
Have all companies advanced there timings by 15 to 30 minutes? I know Infosys has done that.
Looks like I may have to cross the junction around 7:30 am now to avoid these situation.
There is no solution to this mess. Traffic used to be chock-a-block after 9 am earlier, then 8.30, then 8.00. With Phase 3 occupying quickly (and more phases to come) Hinjewadi's vehicular traffic goes on increasing with no commensurate increase in the roads connecting to it. The irony is that there are so many options: to Sus via Chande (pathetic mess that is only used as a last resort), Mhalunge (some bridge is still pending plus the condition of existing road is terrible), Ravet etc. I remember fondly not 2 years ago we'd take the Bhumkar Chowk route as a clever diversion and be at the highway in 15 minutes from Phase 2. Now that route is even worse than the HJW main road!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 23:43   #1749
BHPian

Got a mail from our admin today saying that there is a agitation planned at Hinjewadi chowk starting 10am tomorrow.
The agitation is by the locals demanding an alternative approach road to the IT park.
swapnilup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 11:48   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
Got a mail from our admin today saying that there is a agitation planned at Hinjewadi chowk starting 10am tomorrow.
The agitation is by the locals demanding an alternative approach road to the IT park.
Didn't see any agitation around 11:30 but if we get a new road because of this, all the better.
Old 26th August 2014, 12:14   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
This is needed. I travel to Hinjewadi daily and the traffic is just ridiculous in evenings. Our company changed bus timings and advanced it by 15 minutes but still i reach home after 1.5 Hours (Aundh).
Old 26th August 2014, 12:46   #1752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Didn't see any agitation around 11:30 but if we get a new road because of this, all the better.
At the risk of anarchic, I wish all of us HJW IT employees had joined this agitation!

I cannot imagine the plight of those people who cannot even step out of their homes for 3-4 hours every morning and evening because of crazy traffic snarls in their backyard. About time the authorities did something about this mess.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 21:03   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
About time the authorities did something about this mess.
Noop, the reason is well known, as to why the "authorities" are dragging their feet on this. They do that and the large tracts of land along the entry routes owned by the same "authorities" see their value tanking. (Going by the busier the road-higher the value logic).
Roads will probably happen only when they have milked the current areas for all they are worth.
Monday was really bad. People who started off from office at 8 reached no earlier than 10 pm .
Old 4th September 2014, 08:21   #1754
BHPian

Around 7:45 am a new lane was being created for heavy traffic coming from hinjewadi flyover towards phase 1 till hinjewadi chowk. Police have procured traffic orange cones in large number and are kept at the distance of 10feet.

CEO of Infosys is in hinjewadi today, looks like the above is the side effect of his arrival for smooth flow of traffic.

Last edited by athanedar : 4th September 2014 at 08:28.
Old 4th September 2014, 09:13   #1755
BHPian

In the evening too, 2 days back I saw that police (not traffic police) was not allowing people coming from (presumably) persistent parking, just opposite to Rush Hrs in Phase 1, to cross the road and join traffic towards the Hinjewadi Chowk. They were forced to take a round about and go till Infosys Phase 1 circle (or before that) and join the traffic.
Also yes the orange cones have come in place in road between flyover and chowk.
I hope they do the same in evening too after 5 Pm but on the opposite side. That too will help.
But main bottle neck is the road between Infosys Phase 2 and Hinjewadi Chowk. It takes me 45+ minutes in company bus to reach Hinjewadi Chowk from Ph2.
And less than that time to reach Aundh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks