Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2014, 10:29   #1756
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Around 7:45 am a new lane was being created for heavy traffic coming from hinjewadi flyover towards phase 1 till hinjewadi chowk. Police have procured traffic orange cones in large number and are kept at the distance of 10feet.

CEO of Infosys is in hinjewadi today, looks like the above is the side effect of his arrival for smooth flow of traffic.
CEO of IT company is not a minister to get such VIP treatment. This lane is there from last 4 days. I suspect this is because of agitation of Hinjewadi locals.

CEO of Wipro and Infy need to come to Pune more often to experience the traffic jam. Hosur road flyover in Bangalore was pushed by Mr Murthy and Mr Premji when they spent countless hours in Hosur road traffic jam. And they could see their employees stranded in traffic jam instead of working in office and putting more billable hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I hope they do the same in evening too after 5 Pm but on the opposite side. That too will help.
It wont help as narrow Wakad flyover entrance is already a bottleneck. One more lane pouring traffic at this narrow entrance will create even bigger problem. Probably they should create an extra lane from Shivaji chowk to Dmart.

Not sure what is response to MetroZip bus service. But not many motorist are going to keep car at home. They should launch more flexible payment plan than fixed monthly charges.
Old 4th September 2014, 10:40   #1757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Not sure what is response to MetroZip bus service. But not many motorist are going to keep car at home. They should launch more flexible payment plan than fixed monthly charges.
I am expecting Metro ZIP to fail miserably. It is launched to entice car owners and carpoolers but I do not think car owners will relent. Car owners can come in AC cars for some more money and do not have to wait for bus and such.
While metro zip is just like any company bus service but just that it is at regular intervals (not entire day though).
Also pricing is on the higher side.
Old 8th September 2014, 13:00   #1758
BHPian

All,

Has anyone got an update on today's possible celebrations around hinjewadi area which may lead to traffic conggestions.
I have not recieved any advisory from company admin yet. So just worried, if could this be like last year. Or is it all managed in advance for smooth traffic flow!!

Regards,
Saurabh
Old 8th September 2014, 15:35   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Interested members, please PM me.
A few company buses are leaving at 3:30/4:30 today. So hopefully there should not be a mad rush later on. I am hoping for the best

Edit: I quoted on the earlier message. Not sure from where the "Interested members, please PM me" quote came in.

Last edited by swapnilup : 8th September 2014 at 15:38.
swapnilup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 21:34   #1760
BHPian

Got a company circular :The road from Shivaji chowk (hinjewadi phase 1 cross) to Bhumkar vasti is going to be closed on the 30th and 1st for road repairs
swapnilup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 12:59   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
Got a company circular :The road from Shivaji chowk (hinjewadi phase 1 cross) to Bhumkar vasti is going to be closed on the 30th and 1st for road repairs
You are in a good company, mine did not inform us about this.
I took that route as usual and man I was stuck for one and a half hour

Traffic police rotued us via newly built wakadkar wasti road which leads us to Shivaji chowk (hinjewadi phase 1 cross), it is a good 2 way road but morons started going from the opposite lane and there was a dead lock, I was stuck in this for 1+ hour.
Old 30th September 2014, 22:56   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
Indeed! I was not aware of this, and I took the road in the evening (~6pm). Some re-surfacing work was in progress, but luckily I got stuck only for a couple of minutes, and it was clear after the bridge.
Old 17th October 2014, 13:16   #1763
BHPian

Trying to Revive a almost dead thread.

Looks like all Hinjewadi folks have given up hopes for better infra facilities like road widening ( Phase 2 to Mezza9) or having alternate entry routes to Hinjewadi phase 2 /3. My guess! Atleast I have , only hearing big big news periodically in newspapers about various options by MIDC, PCMC , Gram Panchayat etc, but SADLY nothing happened, YES NOTHING HAPPENED TILL NOW !

Btw, do any of you know if the horrendous stretch from Mezza9 to Marunji ( in front of that Right Choice / MRF tyre showroom) is being resurfaced ? Its absolutely unmotorable since last 2 years , if I remember correctly ?

Last edited by GTO : 17th October 2014 at 16:41. Reason: Typos
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:41   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
1. Looks like all Hinjewadi folks have given up hopes for better infra facilities like road widening ( Phase 2 to Mezza9)

2. or having alternate entry routes to Hinjewadi phase 2 /3.

3. SADLY nothing happened, YES NOTHING HAPPENED TILL NOW !

4. Btw, do any of you know if the horrendous stretch from Mezza9 to Marunji ( in front of that Right Choice / MRF tyre showroom) is being resurfaced ? Its absolutely unmotorable since last 2 years , if I remember correctly ?

You are absolutely correct on all points

Point no. 4 - that road is currently being used as an off-roading track, a cheap way of enjoying the sport for IT professionals. (no SUV required-only broken backs)

Last seen, Mahindra Great Escape officials were trying to check feasibility of using it as a Cat-4 off road route

Cheers!
Trojan

Last edited by Trojan : 22nd October 2014 at 14:43.
Trojan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 10:39   #1765
BHPian

Reason for today's morning jam

Does any one know the reason for today's morning jam. Even at 9 am in the morning, traffic coming from Kothrud sidehad piled up till Holiday Inn on the Mumbai Bangalore bypass. It was all the way till shivaji chowk
Old 5th November 2014, 11:51   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post

Does any one know the reason for today's morning jam. Even at 9 am in the morning, traffic coming from Kothrud sidehad piled up till Holiday Inn on the Mumbai Bangalore bypass. It was all the way till shivaji chowk
Same situation at 9.30 am. It was horrible jam from Holiday Inn till Wipro circle. What is more frustrating is, there was no apparent reason for this slow moving traffic.
Old 5th November 2014, 11:58   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Same situation at 9.30 am. It was horrible jam from Holiday Inn till Wipro circle. What is more frustrating is, there was no apparent reason for this slow moving traffic.
There was a Bolero ( I think ) which was broken down just before the start of small bridge on the highway close to the octroi naka.

And after that there was a company bus broken down close to BP petrol bunk near Wipro circle.

In all bad start to an otherwise nice cool sunny day
Old 19th November 2014, 18:45   #1768
BHPian

Yesterday to avoid the massive evening jam on wipro Phase 2 - Mezza9 route, I took the return route from Phase 3 to Phase 1 circle via the nande-chande village route. Very scarce traffic , i was hppy initially.

tshort lived hapiness, Though its just 6 kms distance, but i found the road condition comparable to crater after the monsoon , no filling, patching done. So pathetic is the condition for such long stretches, thats its impossible to drive on that stretch , thats why could not even see the cabbies on that route.
Realsized, They prefer choked traffic rather than breaking your car suspension, or human vertebrae .

How come such quality of roads exist in a urban place ? Shameless govt bodies dont even care.

Advise : Pls avoid this route at any cost.

BTW, does any one of you have update on the Mezza9 - Marunji stretch if that is being relaid ?
Old 19th November 2014, 19:11   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, does any one of you have update on the Mezza9 - Marunji stretch if that is being relaid ?
Quote:
Btw, do any of you know if the horrendous stretch from Mezza9 to Marunji ( in front of that Right Choice / MRF tyre showroom) is being resurfaced ? Its absolutely unmotorable since last 2 years , if I remember correctly ?
No its not been re-laid yet, still horrible.
And now days being smaller, there is no light after 06:30PM, so it is not advisable to take that route unless you hate your car/bike or you want to drop the pillion rider .
Old 5th December 2014, 18:20   #1770
BHPian

This weekend remove your black sunglass films from all 4 windows , After helmet , now again black glass issue is pop up and today as soon as you turn left from highway towards shiwaji chock , below flyover, team is ready to caught you.

I told them that for next 2-3 days just warn the drivers and Rs. 100 challan can be fined from next week but not ready , so Rs, 100 challan now if black film not removed.

There are hundred of traffic issues in hinjewadi, instead of solving that force is busy in catching black film cars.

Most Viewed